PHI - Louisiana
www.phihelico.com Lafayette, LA 1000 to 5000 Employees

PHI - Louisiana Reviews

PHI - Louisiana – Galveston – “S-92”

PHI - Louisiana Chairman and CEO Al A. Gonsoulin

Al A. Gonsoulin

Best EMS company by far.

EMS Pilot (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at PHI - Louisiana full-time for less than a year

ProsSafety is their main concern, PERIOD. Great helicopters, great maintenance, good salary, great training.

ConsWe need to get more bases in East Texas so people don't have to put up with the current ones there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can give them any comments directly so no need to say anything here.

Organized, professional quality maintenance

Sheetmetal Tech (Former Employee)
Lafayette, LA

I worked at PHI - Louisiana

ProsVery well organized company. High quality & safety are top priorities. Great facility, well maintained equipment. Pay on high end for similar companies.

ConsOld school management sometimes a little arrogant. Not open to different ways of doing things. Big advocates for "that's how it's always been done!"

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile loyal employees and a long term experience base are good things, people who have worked at other companies may have good ideas. Familiarity breeds contempt!

Electronic Tech

Electronic Tech (Former Employee)
Lafayette, LA

I worked at PHI - Louisiana

ProsIt is a good stepping stone to get a better paying job doing the exact same thing just more money and more self pride.

ConsI would be told that even though there was not any work orders to do on the helicopter sto sit there in the helio and hold a screwdriver to look busy for my 12 hr work day. This makes for a very long day. We would work 7 off 7 at the hanger. Here is the best part of it. On Sundays at some part of the day our first 40hrs would stop and the second week's 40hrs would start to they wouldnt have to pay overtime!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want your employees to stay and not go to the competitor to do the same job then you should listen to the workers and pay them competitive to your competitor that is in the same town.

The most stable helicopter operator in the country

Captain Medium Twin (Former Employee)

I worked at PHI - Louisiana full-time

ProsSenior management , equipment, long view of company future

ConsTraining department is now lacking in wisdom... interested in data recitation more than line oriented training. Lifestyle and living conditions at all but one base are abhorrent

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop managers baseline skill set... pilots are not automaticly competent mgrs. Spend three or four days in the conditions you expect crews to endure.

good co

I have been working at PHI - Louisiana

Prosbenefits, stability of industry and area

Conscompensation, slow to advance people

Advice to Senior Managementpromote people

Worked for PHI - Louisiana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PHI - Louisiana reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PHI - Louisiana CEO Al A. Gonsoulin. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by PHI - Louisiana employees.