PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
3.5

CEO

Felt like a valued team-member and like family!

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse for PDN in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse for PDN in Springfield, MO

I have been working at PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a great position! I loved the families I worked for and my supervisors made me feel like I was a part of the family and not like I was just another nurse. When my case was in the hospital they worked very hard on getting me shifts, so I didn't go without the hours. Training was great and their culture ROCKS! The management and owners definitely know how to show you how important you are. Flexible!

Cons

My case was far away from the office so I didn't get to see my management staff much - they did keep in touch with me and make sure I was ok in the field. They had great Christmas parties for the staff so that we could all see each other and meet new team members.

Extremely Unprofessional!!!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lubbock, TX

I worked at PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small business in a decent location and the pay is alright. Not sure about the benefits or anything else because I didn't work there long enough to receive them.

Cons

Owner is a monster. She has unrealistic expectations of new employees who have no experience at all. She demands you to be fully trained and know everything and not make any mistakes at all in less than 2 weeks. If you are having a bad day, she will pester you and make matters worse. She's like a 1 year old who throws rocks at a bee's nest, knocking it down and then she will just stand there and yell at the bees to not be angry. She makes everyone who works there completely miserable, current and former employees. There's a big reason as to why she's not able to keep employees working for her for very long. She's got a revolving door for the administrative assistant position. That should be a HUGE red flag for everyone!!! It certainly was for me. That's why I started applying for other jobs during my first week at this job.

Stop acting like a 1 year old who threw rocks at a bee's nest to knock it down and then yells at the bees, telling them to not get angry. It's NOT going to happen!!! Grow up, find some common sense and common courtesy and stop being so full of yourself. You really aren't as spectacular as you think you are. I started looking for another job during my first week there because I could tell that you were a monster and would be impossible to work with. Everyone else who works there is miserable having to work with you. They really need to find a better job with a better boss. Guess you have scared them into staying. Probably. There is a reason that you can't keep that position filled and it's staring at you when you look in the mirror!!!!

A job to hold you over until something else is available

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They hire everyone that is credentialed.

Cons

Poor benefits and pay is terrible considering the acuity of most of their patients.

Better benefits, wages and improve on hiring only schedulers that are nurses with the acuity of your clients schedulers need to know how to give report inorder for that nurse to be prepared for the client and also not to embarrass the company they represent.

Regional Marketing Manager

I worked at PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES

Pros

Great Opportunity of growth with in the company and the Industry

Cons

Required a lot of overtime and I neglected my family time.

They have a great Company values and treat their staff as family.

Great place to work~

Pros

Upper management concerned about employees

Cons

Schedules
    office staff not communicating well at times

Impressed with the company so far

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Attentive and friendly staff who love their jobs and taking care of children, customers satisfied with services, well established rules and procedures

Cons

Fellow employees not always reliable, seem to be many call off's, need to be more selective of who they hire, no set schedule, need more continuing education opportunities for nurses

Enhance interview process to select reliable, well qualified individuals

Started out ok but then became controlling...not very truthful.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at PHOENIX HOME HEALTH CARE SERVICES

Pros

They would provide current up-to-date information about the changing health field and insurance. On the ball with keeping people informed and updated.

Cons

controlling and often unreasonable...minimized the importance of specific therapy disciplines over others.

Treat the staff with more respect...it will go further.