PHT Corporation Reviews

Philip Lee

1. Five years in and things are steadily going better

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at PHT Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/life balance is fantastic and the senior management has gotten supremely better

Cons

Archaic systems still exist, although are being upgraded. Processes are still being improved.

Keep emphasizing business systems to automate work and reduce errors.

2. Good working enviroment

I have been working at PHT Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Business going well, new product in market.

Cons

Some Engineering teams have poor management that put more focus on process that on product, other have some leads that are doing more damage than good. Some department overwhelmed with work, other not utilized to full potential.

Better product requirements, reevaluate engineering team leads,

Dynamic growing business with a lot of potential

I have been working at PHT Corporation full-time

Pros

- exciting business space and industry - a lot of change and growth potential
    - small company feel, with a big impact on the space
    - generally positive work environment
    - management genuinely concerned with creating a good culture (fun holiday parties, birthday lunches with the CEO)
    - positive work-life balance (though varies by your dept/mgr)
    - work has a meaningful impact - helps bring new therapies to patients
    - very generous time off package (4 weeks + holiday shut down)
     - free parking and close to T

Cons

- some growing pains, as business increases and company tries to mature
    - serves a very conservative, risk-averse space that is highly-regulated - requires some getting used to
    - project-oriented environment where client deliverables can trump all else - requires a lot of flexibility
    - communication can still improve - some leaders are great at cascading down and across, while some struggle to tear down their silos
    - basic health and welfare benefits - not truly a con, but can be improved (and there seems to be an openness to review over time)

There is a lot of energy around change and evolution of the business, which is undeniably needed to match pace with the growth. However, too much change at once can also be disruptive - employees can only absorb so much at once, without a serious blip in quality, and in our business quality is everything!

5. Great but not excited

Current Intern - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at PHT Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

People there are friendly in ENG department, and some people are really smart,.

Cons

sometimes we do not have clear requirements in advance.

6. Awesome Company!

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA

I have been working at PHT Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PHT hasp very bright, intelligent, committed and motivated employees, Company cares about its employees as shown by the positive responses to the recent employee engagement survey. New products are well received by clients and client satisfaction is at an all time high. Kudo's to the Services Delivery Teams for excellent service to our customers. Company sales are at all time high driving new hiring and growth. Engineering team is best in the industry developing leading edge products with high quality. Recent company events like the Christmas party and the Summer outing were great for employees and their families.

Cons

Company has always put its customers first and sometimes that means putting in extra time to resolve issues. Not really a con in the long run as that drives happy customers.

The recent summer hours and extended time off during Christmas is much appreciated. We need more conference rooms, but it looks like the expansion into the rest of the third floor will resolve that issue.

Mediocre

I have been working at PHT Corporation (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free parking. Interesting industry. Nice people in mid and lower levels

Cons

Ridiculously low pay and benefits considering 55 hour work week (average).

Pay salaries that are competitive with fast-growing tech companies. Promote more often than annually. Retire the long-term senior management who continue to keep their jobs and salaries despite major mistakes

8. Good changes are helping us move forward

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at PHT Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working for this company. Although admittedly there is some senior management who have been with the company for a very long time, there is a good balance of consistency/history and new developments with some of the organizational changes that have happened in the past year. A lot of positive changes have occurred and it seems like management is listening closely to employee concerns and taking many active steps towards improving company culture. I believe in what we do, we have a lot of high caliber people and everyone I work with is very dedicated to the company's and our customers' success.

Cons

I hear about conflicts remaining between some groups, but I don't have to deal with it directly. It's a challenge when some people have been around for a long time and are resistant to change or are stuck in a "we've always done it this way" mode, but I think that's the case anywhere.

The recent initiatives and updates to benefits have been great, please keep it up!

9. Only people close to managers have it easy

I worked at PHT Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

1) Pay was 10 K USD per anum lesser than the market standard.
    2) Work load is increased to best performing highly efficient and hard working employees
    3) We have other employees sleeping and doing nothing and taking vacations and getting huge rises in salary every year, as they have good rapport with their managers

Please kindly reward and recognize the best performing employees.

Greatly matured in recent years

I have been working at PHT Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Much of the bad management has been let go and replaced with seasoned, capable individuals. Friendly, earnest, and supportive culture. Business and products have been improving steadily. General staff is incredibly dedicated and capable. Promotions & changes are very achievable.

Cons

Existing technology is dated (though functional). Services teams are generally overworked. Some politics still remain resulting in duplicated or counter productive work. Two separate engineering teams that don't respect each other. Nature of the industry (highly regulated) makes for a slow laborious development process. Raises haven't kept pace with inflation. Sullivan Square.

There are still a couple divisive managers and individuals; they should be asked to leave. HR needs a refresh as the head has proven to be untrustworthy around privacy and respect. Somehow align or combine the two engineering departments. matching 401(k). IT (dept & infrastructure) needs to be more effective.

good place to work, but could be better

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at PHT Corporation as an intern

Pros

people are friendly help you, nice working place

Cons

over 40 hrs per week