PICA

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ross Taubman, DPM

Small company bought out by larger company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsAlthough this company was bought out by a larger group, it is a great place to work. The location is excellent. Most of the people were great to work with in this company.

ConsUpper management, ie. VPs, H.R., most senior management are all good friends making it difficult to speak to anyone in confidentiality. Because many have been there for many years, many have moved up from lower positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe senior management should not be so "cliquish." I feel that some management staff are unprofessional in the way they interact with others.

On a downward slide

ProsBenefits are strong, facility is top-notch.

Cons"Clique" management, open favoritism, weak local HR presence, paranoid workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency, constant hiding behind closed doors is fostering unhealthy workplace, eliminate silos (functional and personal), stop promoting beyond ability, find ways to build trust, eliminate all local HR activities and steer employees to corporate for the sake of consistency.

Great place to work, they take care of their employees

ProsGreat compensation/benefits, great work/life balance. Upper management committed to retaining quality staff and not afraid to let under-performers go. Very healthy yearly bonus, stock plan, large 401k contributions. Small enough to be able to influence change, but large enough to actually have money to work with.

ConsCan't work remotely. No Jeans. There's been a lot of turnover over the past couple of years, but is has been good. It has all been focused on weeding out under-performers or those who don't fit in with the values of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsThere is nothing "pro" about the relationship between HR and the average employee.

ConsHR is totally controlled by Upper Management. If you go to HR about an issue and request privacy, your supervisor will know before you get back to your desk. Believe me, I know. HR represents only those way above you. Talk with HR at your own risk.

Parent company needs to route HR through the home office in Birmingham, AL and eliminate HR in Franklin, TN.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing will help . . . you own HR, and HR is beholden to you . . . NOT the average, regular employee.

A Titanic of A Company . . . It Has Hit the Iceburg

Support (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsOK pay and benefits; that's about all. You earn every dollar in the midst of a culture dedicated to making money so the company will appear successful to home office.

ConsParanoid atmosphere - always wondering who is looking at you and is after you after continual firings, two stage culture - senior management and everyone else "below", and no support. If your boss doesn't like you, then you have no recourse. HR is a total, total loss for support. HR backs everyone above and ignores everyone below. A company starts to die when it loses its employees. PICA has lost those it needs the most, but no one in management realizes . . . or cares.

Who will get "walked out" the door next and then we all get the "________ left to pursue other interests" e-mail from HR?

Advice to Senior ManagementHow do you offer advice to those who not only don't listen, but don't care? Senior management is a "country club" who listens only to one another.

Horrible

I O (Former Employee) Kingston (Jamaica)

ProsNada, niyet, nashi, bakas, dame

ConsWork-life balance, no promotions, no personal growth, few benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementGossip gets you nowhere

Worked for PICA? Contribute to the Community!