PICA Reviews

2.3

Ross Taubman, DPM
1 Rating

Great place to work, they take care of their employees

I have been working at PICA full-time

Pros

Great compensation/benefits, great work/life balance. Upper management committed to retaining quality staff and not afraid to let under-performers go. Very healthy yearly bonus, stock plan, large 401k contributions. Small enough to be able to influence change, but large enough to actually have money to work with.

Cons

Can't work remotely. No Jeans. There's been a lot of turnover over the past couple of years, but is has been good. It has all been focused on weeding out under-performers or those who don't fit in with the values of the company.

On a downward slide

I have been working at PICA full-time

Pros

Benefits are strong, facility is top-notch.

Cons

"Clique" management, open favoritism, weak local HR presence, paranoid workforce.

More transparency, constant hiding behind closed doors is fostering unhealthy workplace, eliminate silos (functional and personal), stop promoting beyond ability, find ways to build trust, eliminate all local HR activities and steer employees to corporate for the sake of consistency.

Small company bought out by larger company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I worked at PICA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Although this company was bought out by a larger group, it is a great place to work. The location is excellent. Most of the people were great to work with in this company.

Cons

Upper management, ie. VPs, H.R., most senior management are all good friends making it difficult to speak to anyone in confidentiality. Because many have been there for many years, many have moved up from lower positions.

The senior management should not be so "cliquish." I feel that some management staff are unprofessional in the way they interact with others.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at PICA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is nothing "pro" about the relationship between HR and the average employee.

Cons

HR is totally controlled by Upper Management. If you go to HR about an issue and request privacy, your supervisor will know before you get back to your desk. Believe me, I know. HR represents only those way above you. Talk with HR at your own risk.

Parent company needs to route HR through the home office in Birmingham, AL and eliminate HR in Franklin, TN.

Nothing will help . . . you own HR, and HR is beholden to you . . . NOT the average, regular employee.

A Titanic of A Company . . . It Has Hit the Iceburg

Current Employee - Support  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Support in Franklin, TN

I have been working at PICA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

OK pay and benefits; that's about all. You earn every dollar in the midst of a culture dedicated to making money so the company will appear successful to home office.

Cons

Paranoid atmosphere - always wondering who is looking at you and is after you after continual firings, two stage culture - senior management and everyone else "below", and no support. If your boss doesn't like you, then you have no recourse. HR is a total, total loss for support. HR backs everyone above and ignores everyone below. A company starts to die when it loses its employees. PICA has lost those it needs the most, but no one in management realizes . . . or cares.

Who will get "walked out" the door next and then we all get the "________ left to pursue other interests" e-mail from HR?

How do you offer advice to those who not only don't listen, but don't care? Senior management is a "country club" who listens only to one another.

Horrible

Former Employee - I O  in  Kingston (Jamaica)
    Former Employee - I O in Kingston (Jamaica)

I worked at PICA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nada, niyet, nashi, bakas, dame

Cons

Work-life balance, no promotions, no personal growth, few benefits

Gossip gets you nowhere

Worked for PICA? Contribute to the Community!