PK Management

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014
2.6

Robert Kriensky

PLEASE Management has given me great knowledge and insight on property management.

I have been working at PK Management

Pros

Good management, Great Co- workers

Cons

You have to know your fair housing laws

Run Forest, RUN!

Former Employee - Property Manager  in  Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at PK Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

very little interaction with upper management because they always seem to be busy so if you want a job without a boss hounding you here you go .... UNTIL they decide your property is the one whose turn it is to pick on since you somehow managed to escape under the radar
    All holidays are paid

Cons

low pay, low respect for employees, play favorites, no value on education, they promote from within to who they want, not who actually deserves it, allow good managers to leave because of false accusations without proof, regional managers are too swamped with too many properties to help when needed, require 3 bids from contractors for everything, yet you burn through so many contractors getting bid that no one wants to come back when you need more, maintenance is a joke, most of them do not answer the work phones and managers will often end up being on the property at 2 and 3 a.m. to let residents inside their apartments due to lockouts, they spend as little as they can on fixing up the units for tenants, ignore mold/mildew complaints unless tenant goes to HUD or the news, residents are on section 8, therefore bound by HUD rules and regulations, yet PK will ignore rule breakers just to keep their occupancy high.

Fire everyone from the VP down to the regionals and start fresh. You have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. And the chiefs are ONLY worrying about the chiefs. They are allowed to scream and yell at managers and maintenance with no fear of reprimand.

former employee

I worked at PK Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The concept of the company is ideal in a market where people need affordable housing. Outside of that there are no other "pros."

Cons

No training-- they hand everything to you and tell you to figure it all out since that was how it was handed to them when they got the job; High turnover; Very hostile working environment created by leaders of the organization; motivation to perform all duties assigned is achieved through threats and intimidation; organizational leaders are very unprofessional and do not value education (nor are they educated); managers are not able to maintain any level of confidentiality--managers tell non-managers everything about other employees; pay is extremely low; the cost of healthcare offered through the company is way too high (and some people get it for free); upper management has a false sense of being important-- truth is that no one within the organization respects any of them.

Your upper management should have a minimum of a 4 year college degree--the lack of education is blatantly obvious when management's behavior's resemble behaviors found within lower rungs of society--which comes as a result of a lack of a former education; Those in higher roles represent the organization--so they should dress the part, carry themselves in a professional manner, and keep their conversations with their subordinates professional at all times--both on and off the clock. The owners should provide the opportunity to gain anonymous feedback from all of those in your corporate offices (especially the hourly employees)-- you will be very, very surprised as to how many people are actively seeking other employment outside of your company and have a very low opinion of your company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Think again

I worked at PK Management

Pros

Low insurance rates for singles, large corporate to help if you know who to contact.

Cons

Micromanaging, they will ask you to lie to get GR increases, poor integrity, caddy upper management, you get compensated the same if you work hard or barely work at all.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at PK Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do not micro-manage. Very understanding and great support from corporate level. Great training offered and benefits are outstanding.

Cons

None that I have witnessed so far.

Continue to be support for the teams at the Property level so everyone can be successful.

OPERATIONS IN SE DIVISION ARE VERY POOR

Current Employee - Property Manager ---On Notice to Leave!!!  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Property Manager ---On Notice to Leave!!! in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at PK Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

THEY HAVE LOW RETENTION RATES SO ARE CONSTANTLY HIRING--IF YOU NEED A JOB CHANCES ARE GOOD THEY WILL PICK YOU UP----BUT STAYING IS ANOTHER THING COMPLETELY

Cons

High turn around in staff; generally staff offices with the more unskilled members of the industry; poor quality control (recruitment, competency, education & performance).
    Egotistical or apathetic senior leadhership.
    Horrible looking properties (at least in Alabama) and does not pay bills.

Overhaul of management and integrity training.
    Get heads out of butts.

PK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at PK Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They give you good work/life balance

Cons

The pay is really low

Pay better

This company is GROWING

I have been working at PK Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is not letting the economy slow them down one bit. Is this company for the lazy? Not hardly! We are well compensated for getting our jobs done and working. If you're organized and efficient then this is a place you would like to work for. Travelling is minimal for me but does help me form bonds with my other co-workers. I'm also free to transfer to any of our properties in over a dozen states including on the West Coast when there are openings.There is compassion in the leadership of this company and it shows with the programs our residents receive.

Cons

The new healthcare law did not benefit the family medical coverage cost but that is a nationwide issue.

Vote Republican!

Think Twice

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at PK Management

Pros

Great salaries, but the list of pros pretty much stops there. Not much good to say about this company, unfortunately.

Cons

Some (not all) upper management don't know how to treat employees and use threats to "motivate". One of the owners thinks that they are doing a great service by providing benefits for employees only without cost, but the cost to add your family makes it almost impossible to afford. Training sessions/management meetings are held often, but at best they are chaotic and you don't feel like you're gleaning much information. Company has too many requests of employees which cannot possibly all be carried out at the same time, yet they have a "no excuses ... get it done or else" attitude. Worst of all, upper management is deceiving the owners and employees are constantly told NOT to disclose information to owners. Totally UNETHICAL in my opinion.

Take a long hard look at your business practices and stop deceiving the owners and asking employees to do the same.

Worked for PK Management? Contribute to the Community!