PK Management

Updated May 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Kriensky

PLEASE Management has given me great knowledge and insight on property management.

ProsGood management, Great Co- workers

ConsYou have to know your fair housing laws

Think again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLow insurance rates for singles, large corporate to help if you know who to contact.

ConsMicromanaging, they will ask you to lie to get GR increases, poor integrity, caddy upper management, you get compensated the same if you work hard or barely work at all.

former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe concept of the company is ideal in a market where people need affordable housing. Outside of that there are no other "pros."

ConsNo training-- they hand everything to you and tell you to figure it all out since that was how it was handed to them when they got the job; High turnover; Very hostile working environment created by leaders of the organization; motivation to perform all duties assigned is achieved through threats and intimidation; organizational leaders are very unprofessional and do not value education (nor are they educated); managers are not able to maintain any level of confidentiality--managers tell non-managers everything about other employees; pay is extremely low; the cost of healthcare offered through the company is way too high (and some people get it for free); upper management has a false sense of being important-- truth is that no one within the organization respects any of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour upper management should have a minimum of a 4 year college degree--the lack of education is blatantly obvious when management's behavior's resemble behaviors found within lower rungs of society--which comes as a result of a lack of a former education; Those in higher roles represent the organization--so they should dress the part, carry themselves in a professional manner, and keep their conversations with their subordinates professional at all times--both on and off the clock. The owners should provide the opportunity to gain anonymous feedback from all of those in your corporate offices (especially the hourly employees)-- you will be very, very surprised as to how many people are actively seeking other employment outside of your company and have a very low opinion of your company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Property Manager (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsThey do not micro-manage. Very understanding and great support from corporate level. Great training offered and benefits are outstanding.

ConsNone that I have witnessed so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be support for the teams at the Property level so everyone can be successful.

OPERATIONS IN SE DIVISION ARE VERY POOR

Property Manager ---On Notice to Leave!!! (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsTHEY HAVE LOW RETENTION RATES SO ARE CONSTANTLY HIRING--IF YOU NEED A JOB CHANCES ARE GOOD THEY WILL PICK YOU UP----BUT STAYING IS ANOTHER THING COMPLETELY

ConsHigh turn around in staff; generally staff offices with the more unskilled members of the industry; poor quality control (recruitment, competency, education & performance).
    Egotistical or apathetic senior leadhership.
    Horrible looking properties (at least in Alabama) and does not pay bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul of management and integrity training.
    Get heads out of butts.

PK

Greenville, SC

ProsThey give you good work/life balance

ConsThe pay is really low

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

This company is GROWING

(Current Employee)

ProsThis company is not letting the economy slow them down one bit. Is this company for the lazy? Not hardly! We are well compensated for getting our jobs done and working. If you're organized and efficient then this is a place you would like to work for. Travelling is minimal for me but does help me form bonds with my other co-workers. I'm also free to transfer to any of our properties in over a dozen states including on the West Coast when there are openings.There is compassion in the leadership of this company and it shows with the programs our residents receive.

ConsThe new healthcare law did not benefit the family medical coverage cost but that is a nationwide issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementVote Republican!

Think Twice

Property Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salaries, but the list of pros pretty much stops there. Not much good to say about this company, unfortunately.

ConsSome (not all) upper management don't know how to treat employees and use threats to "motivate". One of the owners thinks that they are doing a great service by providing benefits for employees only without cost, but the cost to add your family makes it almost impossible to afford. Training sessions/management meetings are held often, but at best they are chaotic and you don't feel like you're gleaning much information. Company has too many requests of employees which cannot possibly all be carried out at the same time, yet they have a "no excuses ... get it done or else" attitude. Worst of all, upper management is deceiving the owners and employees are constantly told NOT to disclose information to owners. Totally UNETHICAL in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at your business practices and stop deceiving the owners and asking employees to do the same.

Worked for PK Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PK Management reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PK Management CEO Robert Kriensky. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by PK Management employees.