PKF International Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
John Sim

1. If you want to be in public accounting, this is the place to go.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The culture at our firm is so different than anywhere I have worked before and it is great. Management really strives to give their employees what they want and to make a difference. Employees have a voice in the firm and Management listens. Granted, they can't do everything, but I feel they genuinely care and want to make us happy.

Cons

Busy season hours can still be a lot of hours. It's not like the Big 4, but it still is public accounting so 50 hour weeks can still be expected sometimes.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. They ask us to do a lot, but they don't do the same. They want to, but it can be difficult. If they set an example, we'll follow. If they aren't do what they ask of us, why should we do it?

My experience has been positive while working at PKF. I have been given challenging projects to work on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The opportunities I have been given to learn have made this job challenging but rewarding. This is not a place for someone who cannot deal with pressure. Public accounting is that way, though. When I have needed to be off due to family or my own health circumstances, my manager has stepped in to take over. I love my coworkers.

Cons

I am not sure that there is a downside. Public accounting is hard and I know some of my coworkers gripe about it and don't like the hours but I do not see how PKF could change that.

Advice to Management

Keep trying and learning just like the rest of us are.

3. Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Pros

Get knowledge of several different fileds

Cons

The timing can be difficult at times

5. Internal audits, Consultancy for business controls

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at PKF International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big4 standards, Professional approach, Satisfied Clients

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

Not bad for public accounting

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at PKF International full-time

Pros

Lots of perks. Free parking, beverages, Wednesday breakfasts, lunches during busy seasons. Bonus for getting your CPA and all professional expenses covered. The best thing about the company is that it feels like a family. The firm does a lot of extra activities and events so it feels like a very social place. Hard work and quality work is recognized. Seniors, managers, and directors will tell you when they are pleased so it is nice to know that you are not working anonymously.

Cons

Work/life balance is tough here. But I guess it's the same all over in public accounting. If you're doing this, you pretty much have to accept that you will have no life 6 months out of the year, and then maybe more than that. If you want to move up here you will have to do more than just put in your time, you really need to go the extra mile. And you will only be expected to give more of yourself if you want to move into management. My major issue with the workload is that sometimes management is so project driven that one or two people will end up working 70+ hours while the rest of the staff are walking out the door at 4pm. I'm still trying to decide if this is really where I want my career to go or not. I'm still trying to decide whether this

Advice to Management

Promotions to management are rare because of turnover at the staff level. I think that the management of the firm needs to realize that it is indicative of a problem when they have to hire so many managers from outside the company.

7. Audit senior

I have been working at PKF International full-time

Pros

Work-life balance. The company never lay off employees even during economic downturn. PKF has open environment, which makes it easy for employees to speak up

Cons

Benefit package need to be more attractive. Client base was mostly small, and unorganized companies, whose accounting system is very messy.

Advice to Management

Coaching and mentor program should be developed. More transparent about company's compensation and benefit. Offer better compensation to attract talents.

8. Good place to work

Pros

There was an opportunity to learn something new and build on your career. Management was open to new ideas and were willing to work with people.

Cons

Busy season had long hours but it was expected. Otherwise, I do not have any negative feedback for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

9. Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Douglas (Man, Isle of)
    Former Employee - Manager in Douglas (Man, Isle of)

I worked at PKF International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team spirit, friendly staff, professional, good technical skills, variety and challenge of work.

Cons

Not as much focus on business development and growth and career advancement and interpersonal management skills as would have liked.

Advice to Management

Make client service and fee growth and career advancement of junior management a higher priority.

10. A fresh graduate finance student comment

I have been working at PKF International full-time

Pros

With intense trainning for employees

Cons

the company is relatively small in size in hong kong branch

11. Nice place to learn and work

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Chennai (India)

Pros

Wonderful team leaders and partners Behavior and guidance of senior employees Opportunity to new ideas

Cons

working hours, Stringent HR policies

RSS Feed </> Embed