PLS Logistics Services
www.plslogistics.com Cranberry Twp, PA 150 to 499 Employees

PLS Logistics Services Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Greg Burns

Pros:
  • "I like that I have an unlimited income potential and flexibility to make decisions on growing my book of business"
    in 6 reviews
  • "It is a young and fun workplace, so that makes the day go by pretty fast"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Job was very stressful and worked long hours"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Some parts of the Job are challenging and very competitive but in any sales job it will be that way"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Place to Work

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros- Great environment
- Excellent pay coming out of college
- Team oriented

ConsTypical highs and lows of a sales job
No opportunity for advancement

Awesome atmosphere and work experience

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office culture is great. Everyone is really friendly. It was easy to find people to go to lunch with and talk to during breaks. The atmosphere is a big perk. The experience is great too. In training I learned more about logistics and how to manage customers. It's cool because everyday you are dealing with something different and you have your own customers to work with. The managers are open to talking about growing and relocating in PLS. It's been great so far.

ConsI think PLS needs more managers so they have more time. They are really helpful but it would be better if there were a few more people to answer questions at first.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice.

Great company- Can't imagine working anywhere else

Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros-Awesome environment (basketball hoop, Wii, dart board, mini golf, and music.)
-Ability to make friends and network with co-workers and management
-Growing company
-Internal postings for advancement opportunities

Cons-If you don't want to work hard, this may not be for you. Building your own business within PLS is very rewarding for those who put in the effort that it requires.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to guide employees to success through teaching and training.

A good opportunity for some, not all.

Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

ProsThey pay well for an entry-level sales position.

ConsThere is a not a lot of room for personal growth here. This is a good company for individuals who don't have a college degree or didn't go to the best school, but you won't fit in here if you attended a good college and are decently intelligent. You can do better than this place.

Fun workplace with a lot of growth potential

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

ProsI really enjoy the culture at PLS. There are a lot of young people and we all get along well. It is a team mentality, but at the end of the day we are all building our own book of business. The market is vast so there is a lot of potential for growth with unlimited earning potential, you just have to put in the work

ConsIt is a sales job, which certainly isn’t for everyone. It can be stressful at times as you are expected to make a lot of cold calls. But you get out what you put into it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and implement some of their suggestions, but also be open to criticism. People are our greatest asset.

Fantastic Opportunity...IF you want it

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

ProsUncapped commission is a real thing here (plus you are protected by the 'draw' system). No call lists or scripts, you decide who you want to call, when you want to call them, how you want to pitch PLS....you essentially run your own business and PLS provides you with the resources needed to do so. The people that make it here are self-motivated, hard workers. It is a very laid back environment which is nice when you need to unwind, but the people who ultimately fail here are the ones who spend all day taking advantage of that. The people who succeed here are the ones who bust their butt day in and day out and when they do need to cool down for a bit, PLS has the environment where that's acceptable.

ConsThe high turnover here scares a lot of people away, but its very simple: if you are good at your job, they keep you, if not they don't. I don't really see an issue with this. PLS is paying you to perform at a certain level, and if you don't why should they continue to employ you (just like any other job).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe loose environment is nice, but it does need to tighten up at times.

Poor management, no training program, lack of leadership, revolving door

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStressful environment, no marketing support. Wait these are cons.

ConsLack of leadership and understanding of business fundamentals. No training program and it is a revolving door when it comes to employees. Management does not understand the industry. Technology is outdated.

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you point a finger at someone, there are four fingers pointing back at YOU.

Unreal expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

ProsFun place to work, nice office, good co workers, Free food from time to time, good location

Consunreal goals, They hire about 40 people a month to do a job about 110 do. You do the turn over math. Very little support in training.
Once you are doing well you can't take day off without your phone blowing up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do have some good leaders there, Most of the GSMs are nice and when to help their staff. Stop hiring so many people and work on who you have to make them successful.

Account Executive Trainee

Account Executive Trainee (Former Employee)

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

ProsWork with young people who most of the time share a lot of interests as you. Great opportunity, just need to make the most of it.

ConsJob can get monotonous unless you land a lot of customers in the first few months on employment. You need to be lucky to succeed in most cases, or stick around long enough till you get all your friends old customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more of an emphasis on making your new sales people succeed.

Unreasonable expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people and a fun environment.

ConsVery high turnover. In this job you either make it or you dont. It doesnt matter how hard you work. If you make the numbers you stay and can be successful, but even very hard workers dont make it. Its all a numbers game and PLS plays the game. They dont offer the proper training they just throw you out there and hope you make the company a lot of money. If you dont, youre fired and they move on to the next person to play their game. If you enjoy logistics and are an inside sales professional then its worth the try because the money potential really is there. But if you want a position where you can work really hard and leave knowing you did a good job this is not the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people a chance. Give them the training and tools to be successful and you'd quit wasting so much money on such a high turnover.

Worked for PLS Logistics Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PLS Logistics Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PLS Logistics Services CEO Greg Burns. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by PLS Logistics Services employees.