PLS Logistics Services

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014

3.4

Greg Burns

Pros
  • I like that I have an unlimited income potential and flexibility to make decisions on growing my book of business (in 6 reviews)

• It is a young and fun workplace, so that makes the day go by pretty fast (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Stressful sales job but can be lucrative (in 8 reviews)

• Job was very stressful and worked long hours (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I am now an Account Executive and love working for PLS

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

PLS as a whole is a great company to work at. The pros are the atmosphere here is awesome, the people are great, and the management is so helpful.

The whole concept after college is finding a job that you wake up every morning and DONT dread going to work for... at PLS I have found that fit. I have been working here at the headquarter for over a year and have rolled out and am now an AE. The first thing I look for is a great morale at the work place. I literally wake up and get excited to come to work and use my book of business to its full potential. The fact that we are in a team-base setting boost the morale for not only me but for the rest of my co-workers.

The crowd here is great, everyone gets along with everyone and no matter what the age group is, people all seem to get along with each other. Whether its a monthly tailgate that takes place at the office or a competitive bowling competition between two rising groups of AET's; PLS has come up with multiple ways to relieve stress, have fun, and get to know the people you work with in a fun atmosphere!

You get to work on ANY COMPANY or Commodity you want to. Your book of business is YOUR BOOK. PLS teaches you to become comfortable on the phone, email, and eventually outside sales in the person to person standpoint.

You become so organized with yourself and your book that it becomes easier and easier to take care of business!

The management here is outstanding for the most part. I have personally had a GSM that helped me roll out, I know I would not be able to do what I do today without his help. Whether it was helping me rate a lane, helping me with a billing issue, or simply helping me calm down from getting worked up at a certain point in the work day. The managers here really do help you in anyway they possibly can and it shows.

PLS is expanding and opening more and more branches yearly as well as hitting revenues in the millions!!.... this can only mean one thing.. they are very successful and need to keep doing what they are doing

Cons

The only con I have is Training... I personally train a portion of it and I just think it should be spread out... maybe 2 weeks instead of a full jam-packed one week session.

Taking the time to make sure the new hires understand and retain the information given to them.. take more time to train these classes and mold them into becoming high- revenue producing AE's down the line.

Keep doing what your doing!

The success only shows that the job you are doing is so helpful and key to being a multi-million dollar company!

Very high turnover rate.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to see what a horrible job is. Also, you can play basketball and pool whenever you want.

Cons

Everything. The whole place is ran horribly. If you drive a red corvette, you can show up whenever you want.

If someone lands the biggest client in the companies history, do not fire them. A great example is Coke.

Fun people and relaxed environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office has a fun environment and employee morale always seems high. There is a lot of potential for making money and everyone receives in-depth training. I really enjoy the relaxed environment and casual attire.

Cons

The biggest drawback is the low starting salary, but there is a lot of opportunity to make money if you work hard. Also, because everyone gets a long so well and likes to talk, the set-up of the office can be really distracting at times.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like it here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-It's a great environment. The people who work here are super nice and helpful and the managers really care about you doing well.
    -There's lots of opportunity for career growth since the company is growing so rapidly.

Cons

-Pay is "entry-level" but commission makes it worth it.

I love my job, and the people I work with!

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

PLS welcomed me with arms wide open. From the first day I started here I felt like a part of the team. What I really like is that no only is everyone competitive, but on the other spectrum side they are supportive as well. People here are very easy to get along with and we often do thing outside of work together. Your success truly depends on your effort, so if you have a strong drive you will do well!

Cons

Since it is a very open work environment, there are sometimes a lot of distractions. Have to be able to focus!

Great learning experience

Current Employee - AET  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - AET in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyday there are new challenges. Strong training program. Good pay and benefits. The people and events are fun.

Cons

Stressful sales job but can be lucrative. Uncontrollable factors happen daily which can be stressful.

Account Executive Trainee

Former Employee - Account Executive Trainee  in  Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Cranberry, PA

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

**Make sure you have a backup job before working here** You will get no notice or review before being terminated no matter what the reason is** Good pay for an entry level job. However the job is not stable. And is not legitimate sales. This is straight up cold calling.

Cons

Here is the low down on this job. I liked it, the atmosphere, the work hard-play hard mentality, all of it. The problem is, is when you get onto the floor after a week of "training" you are assigned a account executive or account executive trainee to "mentor" you. The problem with this is you a literally at the mercy of that employee. If you make a mistake, if they don't like the way you work, or straight up don't like you, you more than likely will not last long. During my time spent at PLS I was on top of the team with communication time and completing all tasks my mentor had me do. They just honestly didn't like me. It was apparent and unfortunately if they want you gone, you will be. There is absolutely no room for proving yourself.

Give new recruits real information, don't sugar coat everything. Don't fire people just because someone else in the room doesn't like them. Give people a chance to prove themselves as an employee before letting them go.

Terrible customer/employee relations

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great place to have a short career, if you enjoy working your butt off for a month and get fired this is the place to work. 95% social 5% work

Cons

large turnover, poor customer service

learn how to work with employees don't bring in 10 people and then fire 8 of them a week later.

Account Executive Trainee

Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee  in  Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

PLS has a great work environment. Awesome people working around you. Pretty much everyone helps each other out so it is a great team mentality. At the same time, you get your own clients to work with. So, even though you're on a team, you get to do your own work too. The morale here pushes you to work harder because there is constant motivation from everyone around you.

Cons

The job can be stressful but the good days outweigh the bad.

All 5 star reviews are bogus!

Former Employee - Account Executive Trainee  in  Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

All other jobs in the future will seem that much better because of how horrendously bad this company is.....

Cons

35K is a joke. If you could give negative stars I would. They hire sales people with the statistical certainty that 11/12 of them will be fired. That's not an organization that values sales people. Management should work with you to build new business. Not give you a phone and say "good luck"! It's slaughterhouse. Management is a joke. Ignore the propaganda posted by the superfluous 5 star reviews. The HR hunters need to pill jobs.... sorry cages for future slaughtered animals.

Worked for PLS Logistics Services? Contribute to the Community!