PLS Logistics Services

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014
3.2

Greg Burns

Pros
  • I literally wake up and get excited to come to work and use my book of business to its full potential (in 7 reviews)

• It is a young and fun workplace, so that makes the day go by pretty fast (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Job was very stressful and worked long hours (in 8 reviews)

• Stressful sales job but can be lucrative (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

I am now an Account Executive and love working for PLS

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

PLS as a whole is a great company to work at. The pros are the atmosphere here is awesome, the people are great, and the management is so helpful.

The whole concept after college is finding a job that you wake up every morning and DONT dread going to work for... at PLS I have found that fit. I have been working here at the headquarter for over a year and have rolled out and am now an AE. The first thing I look for is a great morale at the work place. I literally wake up and get excited to come to work and use my book of business to its full potential. The fact that we are in a team-base setting boost the morale for not only me but for the rest of my co-workers.

The crowd here is great, everyone gets along with everyone and no matter what the age group is, people all seem to get along with each other. Whether its a monthly tailgate that takes place at the office or a competitive bowling competition between two rising groups of AET's; PLS has come up with multiple ways to relieve stress, have fun, and get to know the people you work with in a fun atmosphere!

You get to work on ANY COMPANY or Commodity you want to. Your book of business is YOUR BOOK. PLS teaches you to become comfortable on the phone, email, and eventually outside sales in the person to person standpoint.

You become so organized with yourself and your book that it becomes easier and easier to take care of business!

The management here is outstanding for the most part. I have personally had a GSM that helped me roll out, I know I would not be able to do what I do today without his help. Whether it was helping me rate a lane, helping me with a billing issue, or simply helping me calm down from getting worked up at a certain point in the work day. The managers here really do help you in anyway they possibly can and it shows.

PLS is expanding and opening more and more branches yearly as well as hitting revenues in the millions!!.... this can only mean one thing.. they are very successful and need to keep doing what they are doing

Cons

The only con I have is Training... I personally train a portion of it and I just think it should be spread out... maybe 2 weeks instead of a full jam-packed one week session.

Taking the time to make sure the new hires understand and retain the information given to them.. take more time to train these classes and mold them into becoming high- revenue producing AE's down the line.

Keep doing what your doing!

The success only shows that the job you are doing is so helpful and key to being a multi-million dollar company!

Account Executive Trainee

Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee  in  Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

PLS has a great work environment. Awesome people working around you. Pretty much everyone helps each other out so it is a great team mentality. At the same time, you get your own clients to work with. So, even though you're on a team, you get to do your own work too. The morale here pushes you to work harder because there is constant motivation from everyone around you.

Cons

The job can be stressful but the good days outweigh the bad.

Great company- Can't imagine working anywhere else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Awesome environment (basketball hoop, Wii, dart board, mini golf, and music.)
    -Ability to make friends and network with co-workers and management
    -Growing company
    -Internal postings for advancement opportunities

Cons

-If you don't want to work hard, this may not be for you. Building your own business within PLS is very rewarding for those who put in the effort that it requires.

Continue to guide employees to success through teaching and training.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A job where you truly reap what you sow.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive environment. You are truly given every tool to excel from day one. Veterans are always willing to assist even the greenest of hires with understanding.
    Effort is rewarded. Once you're selling, you will quickly realize that the amount of effort and time put into the job will directly be reflected in pay and other incentives.

Cons

Long hours. Be prepared to come in early and leave late, all while working your butt off. Problem solving becomes a key daily skill.
    The job itself is stressful, if you can't handle a fast paced, high energy business environment, problems arise.

Set out expectations for new hires so that they aren't surprised when the rush begins.

Challenging but worth it for those willing to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cranberry, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

PLS is a fast growing company which always opens the door to new opportunities. It can be tough but whatever you put into the job is what you will get out of it, so if you are willing to work hard then the possibilities are endless. It’s a young and fun workplace. Every day truly is an adventure but you have great people surrounding you that are always willing to help you through any issues.

Cons

Hours can sometimes be long and some days will be very challenging but you will find that in any sales job you go into. Due to the industry, there are always different issues that arise that you need to work your way through.

Listen to employees and continue to to invest in the branches to grow the organization

This job lets you build your own success on your own.

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

State of the art tools to succeed, and table tennis

Cons

This is a challenging job but can be managed through hard work and commitment.

“PLS exciting and challenging work place”

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Cranberry, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy PLS because of the fast paced work environment and the fact that I face new challenges on a daily basis. I like that I have an unlimited income potential and flexibility to make decisions on growing my book of business. I have the opportunity to be creative, call on a verity of industries, and talk to new and different people every day.

Cons

Some days I leave here stressed out from the hard work. A lot can go on in this industry and you have to manage through a verity of different issues.

Continue to invest on growing the organization.

PLS Logistics is full of many opportunities

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Cranberry Township, PA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Cranberry Township, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are always different opportunities that are arising because PLS is a growing company. The job is fast paced but the overall atmosphere is young and fun. I am proud to be apart of such an awesome group of employees who are hard working and always willing to help out.

Cons

Some parts of the Job are challenging and very competitive but in any sales job it will be that way.

PLS Logistics Services has provided me every opportunity to succeed in my career.

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time

Pros

Everyday is a different adventure.
    Each indvidual in my department truly makes an impact to the bottom line of the company.
    There are opportunities to advance if you work hard. I have moved my family twice for the job and both times the company was very supportive.

Cons

The workload is a challenge due to the industry that PLS services. The metals industry does not have a great track record for planning. Emergency situations arise on a daily basis and at all hours. There is not much time to take a break due to the next situation.

We focus a lot of energy on the sales and not enough on the operators getting the job done on a daily basis. Each is important to the success of the business.

Freight Broker

Current Employee - Freight Broker  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Freight Broker in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

In this position, at this company, I feel like my potential is actually unlimited. Companies always say the potential is unlimited, but because of the training process and the compensation structure at PLS, I feel like I have opportunities here I would not have working somewhere else. The culture is clearly young, high energy and focused. It is so nice to work in a building with a group of people who actually care about doing an excellent job.
    We work at a fast pace, we learn at a fast pace and management knows the job requires intelligence and a strong work ethic so they invest personally and financially in the training process. If we do well, we are rewarded for performance.

The freight industry is inherently complex and stressful at times, but PLS does a good job of making this a fun place to work which keeps us motivated on tough days. Because the average age of brokers is relatively young we can generally relate to end enjoy our coworkers. We have a good time together and even though we work hard the energy is high and people tend to enjoy the work.
    The company is focused on finding managers within the ranks on the brokerage floor. It’s very nice to have a manager who has done your job well recently and can understand what your day to day looks like from personal experience. This also means that if I am successful in the position and show leadership among my peers, I am likely to have the opportunity to manage a team within a time frame that is relatively short compared to other companies I have worked for or interviewed with.
    I feel like this position with PLS is unique in the job market because it is one of the few entry level positions with a large company that a young person can find, with no background in the industry, that offers the opportunity to make a very substantial paycheck in a relatively short period of time. Also, I really believe that there is a ton of room for advancement and personal growth. I don’t think this is the job you take if you want to do the same thing every day or hide under the radar in some cubical. This is a job for confident people with the willingness to try new things, work hard and push themselves every day.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that makes me wish I didn't work here.

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep us pumped and let us run with it.

PLS Logistics Services Photos

Worked for PLS Logistics Services? Contribute to the Community!