PMAC Lending Services

CEO

dedicated staff

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Originator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Originator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PMAC Lending Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the executive management team and support staff are top notch. it is refreshing to work at a place where people can give their opinions on how to improve things and management listens! there is a great culture and everyone tries to have a good time even though the industry in general is stressful.

Cons

there has been some changes and hiccups while going through some mergers and acquisitions and the migrating of different platforms between the companies, so there have been some technology and growing pains, but the management team is quick to solve the challenges!

keep building the empire!

Worst lender I've worked for.......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at PMAC Lending Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some extremely talented loan officers and operational staff doing the best they can with what little they're given. Benefits are good. There are some people in branches all over the country who legitimately care and do good work.

Cons

Where do I begin? Upper Management is awful. HR is equally as bad. Been with the company for well over a year and nobody in our branch has gotten any kind of salary review. Emails are constantly sent out that are not communicated correctly and they have to rescind and correct what's been said. Recently, we were told the office was closing early on NYE and that salaried employees would be paid. About 7 days after NYE, our managers emailed everyone stating that we ALL misunderstood (including our managers that communicated this initially to us; apparently EVERYONE misunderstood this) and that we would all be either not paid or docked vacation hours. I had the hours so it didn't really matter, but it's just this kind of thinking that we see all the time from this company. There's just no consideration for employee well-being. Branches are sovereign islands to themselves, but certain operational and managerial entities are allotted to only certain offices. So when you need something done and it's at a branch other than yours, those managerial and operational managers could not possibly care less about you and your work that you're trying to get done for our clients. Responses are generally sarcastic or terse and there's very little priority given. And on top of that, we're told they're investing in solid leads, yet we get very little and it's very sporadic. And what we do get is usually no good. It is the worst experience I have ever had with an employer and no amount of marketing personnel doing damage control in these replies can change that.

This company needs to completely re-think how they do business. I can't even begin to offer advice.

Underwriter

Former Employee - Underwriter in Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Lisle, IL

I worked at PMAC Lending Services

Pros

Salary and close to home.

Cons

Female discrimation!!! Lisle office only prefer males. File complaints with HO they do nothing about it.

Not A Good Experience

Former Employee - Sr Mortgage Loan Originator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sr Mortgage Loan Originator in Columbus, OH

I worked at PMAC Lending Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, I made a lot of friends here. Sales training was decent and manager support was good. In the very beginning the leads were good but them they dried up and when they got them going again the quality of lead was not good anymore.

Cons

Really hard to make decent money as a loan officer and very stressful worrying about the constant layoffs and cuts. The leads were sporadic and we had weeks where we barely got any. When we did start getting an acceptable amount, the loan amounts were low which meant we didn't make a lot of money when we closed them. I was told coming here I could "easily" make six figures when in reality I was doing average compared to my peers and was making more like $40,000 a year. As soon I started with this company they started closing offices, laying people off, then hiring people, then laying people off again. Every time they would close an office or lay off a group of people, they would have an executive from the head office come in and tell us it was going to be OK, that there will be no more cuts. Weeks later....more cuts. This happened like 3-4 times. I finally left because I felt that at the end of the day this was just a "job" and not a place I could build a real career.

None

Big Issues Here....

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at PMAC Lending Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leads were good, benefits were good. That was the extent of it.

Cons

Top level management isn't on the same page. Constant knee jerk decisions, perpetual air of instability. During the summer they laid off almost half the sales force and then changed their mind 24 hours later and tried to hire them back (most didn't go). Constantly messing with pay plans trying to change them. This office is simply an experiment to them, nothing more. Worst experience in my career in the mortgage industry.

These are people's careers you are screwing with, stop wasting people's time.

Jan 7, 2015Jessica at PMAC

I’m so sorry your experience at PMAC has been so negative. We care for our employees and are dedicated to giving them the best experience possible. As we continue to grow, we welcome any and all ... More

Disappointing

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I have been working at PMAC Lending Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not a lot of direct oversight. Able to work on my own.

Cons

Processing issues - lots of overlays - processors who do not understand the purchase cycle.

Oct 9, 2014Jessica at PMAC

We’re committed to putting our employees in the best position to succeed! We’d love to hear from you directly to hear about your experience and what we might be able to improve. Email us at ... More

Disappointing

Former Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL

I worked at PMAC Lending Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Good pay, talented hardworking employees, unfortunately none of them are managers. The support staff in CA was amazing. PMAC has a good foundation and was working through some transitions. They have the potential to do some great things if people are held accountable and more of a team atmosphere was encouraged.

Cons

Ineffective, apathetic managers In operations and sales. Lots of conference calls and meetings with no direct action or resolve. Regular employees are not valued or respected by upper management. No work life balance or respect for others time.

Before releasing an entire office location, you should consider all the employees you are releasing, not just a select few. Many hardworking, talented staff in operations and sales who wanted to be at PMAC producing a quality product were terminated with no notice. They are now forced to find work with your competition.

Lots of ups and downs

I worked at PMAC Lending Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people who stuck it out were truly a family

Cons

Inconsistencies in everything from ownership, management, and leads. It often seemed that the inmates were running the asylum.

What a joke

I worked at PMAC Lending Services

Pros

None to talk about...If you worked with management members at previous jobs and plan on joining in with the rampant nepotism and favoritism then you will bypass all the hardworking honest employees that have weathered all the previous bad decisions this company seems to make, then this job is for you.

Cons

So much talent comes in and out the door, no respect for employees and a lot of delegation seems to be the theme of management that I worked along with. This place is a 3 ring circus sideshow with no respectable leadership. Puppetry is rewarded and hard work goes un noticed. A big disappointment and I am more disappointed that I wasted so many years there. Incentives are non existent. Leaving this place was the best thing I ever did.

Respect the people who work hard for you and treat people the way you want to be treated.

Aug 19, 2014Sean at PMAC

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with PMAC. Recognizing and rewarding our employees is paramount to success. We’ll look into the management comments you made and address any issues we may ... More

CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PMAC Lending Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They paid for my NMLS test and five state licenses.

Cons

Right before I was to begin my role as a Senior mortgage Loan Originator my office was laid off.

None, they got laid off as well.

PMAC Lending Services Photos