PMC Dayton Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Denise Ortiz

“Goal oriented and innovative company and management program for those looking for something fresh!”

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at PMC Dayton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would say the best aspects of PMC Dayton start with the managers you work under. They are not only knowledgeable in their fields but extremely accessible on a day to day basis. They have a great energy! As far as the management development program, I could not recommend a better learning environment. Being new to the area and in a committed relationship, it was nice to be a part of a company that welcomed us and invited us to learn the area even if it was to just go bowling or eat at a new restaurant outside of work. Very inviting!

Cons

The managers push you to try new things like public speaking or running a meeting that for me weren't totally in my comfort zone, but that is the nature of the program. Being a perfectionist, I wanted to know 100 % that I was ready, but the managers want you to stretch your abilities. Another thing that I felt like most employees struggled with was dealing with the reality of not being great of every aspect of business. I know that I was used to everything coming pretty naturally to me, but when I had to work hard to understand a new aspect of business I was definitely challenged to stay on task. Be prepared to be tested!

2. Growth-oriented, both personally and professionally

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dayton, OH

I have been working at PMC Dayton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work with great people who are excited to come to work every day. Everyone strives to help one another and are invested in each other's success. I get to meet a lot of interesting people, travel to conferences and develop a truly entrepreneurial business mindset.

Cons

It's hard to think of a negative to be completely honest. The hardest part of acclimating to the business culture at PMC Dayton was realizing that everyone truly wants to help me. I had not really experienced that before. Which is not really a con for this job, but rather for my previous employemnt.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for them other than to perhaps take a day off once in a while. They are seem like they are always working!

Great opportunity to grow professionally and personally.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at PMC Dayton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Must have great work ethic and attitude.

Awesome Experiance

Former Intern - Account Manager in Dayton, OH
    Former Intern - Account Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at PMC Dayton as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an internship marketing for AT&T through PMC Dayton, Inc. I wanted to write a note thanking everyone who helped me along my three month summer journey, as well as explain the opportunity to anyone else looking for a marketing internship/job. They called this job a “people builder.” Using a simple and effective system, people with no experience with marketing become experts. While I was taught direct marketing and sales techniques, I also learned much more valuable lessons: work ethic, determination, confidence, and team building. Much of what I got out of this internship are things that can’t be learned in a classroom, which is why I strongly recommend this position to anyone looking for experience. The lessons I learned here are not just for business majors (I am a Psychology major) but for anyone looking to grow professionally. I was treated exactly the same as a full-time employee and given all the opportunities of my colleagues. Not to mention I had a blast doing so! Some of my coworkers have become very close friends of mine, and I intend on keeping in touch with them even though my internship is over. I want to thank Denise Ortiz for hiring me and the whole Driven Marketing Solutions team for putting unlimited energy into teaching and helping me-there was no moment I felt unsupported. I also want to thank all the Account Managers who trained me-you all made this job fun. Thank you!

Cons

Cons- There wasn't much but I will say that I didn't get to spend much time with my family this summer since I was so involved with company and what they stand for.

All Lies

I worked at PMC Dayton

Pros

none, this place will tell you they are great when infact they are not and they lie just to get you in the door.

Cons

they have you show up for two interviews you feel confident about it but unless you're great at sales don't bother this is 100% commison based. they will make you walk around and try to sell something on the second interview - guess what you don't get paid for that!!

Advice to Management

why don't you just tell the truth when you ask people to come in for an interview

RSS Feed </> Embed