PMK*BNC

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Robichaud

Experiential Marketing Intern

Marketing Intern (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsAlways Busy I Great learning experience in marketing I Exciting clients I Friendly environment I Great Intern Program I Paid Internship

ConsI don't really have any cons!

Intern experience

Intern (Former Employee)
    West Hollywood, CA

ProsIt was a great place to learn about the industry. We had a really curated experience and it was truly fun for the time I was there. Our internship head was very adamant about ensuring happiness, growth, learning, and fun culture. He related to us and didn't come across as a micro manager he uplifted the group. We also had a chance to present in front of the CEOs which was scary but fun! Overall I wish there was a prospect post graduation but there were no jobs in the entry level arena for me.

ConsGive interns jobs!!!! It was a shame to have my supervisors like me but then tell me no jobs were available to us

Brand Marketing and Communication Intern

Brand Marketing and Communication Intern (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI interned at PMK last summer for the brands department and learned a tremendous amount. My supervisors were amazingly helpful and taught me all I needed to know to be successful in an entry level position in the PR industry. They gave me a lot of responsibility early on in my internship and really trusted me and my opinion. I also enjoyed the "lunch and learns" which gave you a lot of insight to each department, although I think the brands "lunch and learn" did not do the department justice. My supervisors also did a great job at making sure I felt like a true employee, I heard complaints from other interns but my supervisors were truly great and gave me so much guidance. Can't express enough how great PMK looks on a resume.

ConsThe intern program is at times unorganized and there is a high turnover rate. Also, when I interned there was no compensation which was disappointing considering that the interns do the same work as an Assistant Account Executive.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat client roster, complimentary breakfast every Friday, outstanding resources and tools.

ConsEveryone is stressed out 24/7 which makes certain individuals lash out and be rude. Don't work here if you don't have tough skin and can't handle long and demanding hours. I felt so bad for the assistants that worked there, most of them looked miserable and overworked. Interns mostly scan press clips, do mailings and sort talent gifts all day. Otherwise, you have to scour around for work from the marketing department — which is AWESOME! Certain departments are definitely more enjoyable than others (talent is highly stressful whereas TV is outstanding and so is brands).

Talent PR intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas given a lot of responsibility.

ConsEmployee culture was not the best.

For me, it was a great first experience to entertainment PR world.

Brands Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

Proshelpful supervisor, great events, nice environment, free food, learned a lot
    Overall, I thought this was a great introduction for me into PR, and although I did learn many of the basics, the knowledge was incomparable to subsequent internships. If you want a great environment, with nice co-workers though I would definitely choose PMK.

Consunpaid (when I interned), unorganized internship program, not very hands-on

Advice to Senior Managementgive interns more responsibility

Great Connections and Opps/Bad Culture

Assistant (Current Employee)
    West Hollywood, CA

ProsAmazing place to meet people
    Great Company reputation in the industry
    Innovative
    Great Clients

ConsHorrible Work/Life Balance
    People quit all the time and other have to pick up slack
    Understaffed
    Horrible salaries if you start at PMK, better if you come from a different company
    Once you get promoted to JAE, you get a lower salary since you no longer make overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not abuse the staff under you!

Great for industry contacts, but a general negative work enviroment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsPMK is really great for people starting out in their careers because you get access to high profile clients and will learn a lot in a short amount of time. If you take initiative, have a tough skin, and work your but off you can learn a lot and there are opportunities for career advancement.

ConsThe work environment is pretty negative. Expect to work long hard hours (70 hour work weeks were not uncommon) for pretty low salaries. The corporate culture and moral is generally negative and getting yelled at or rudely talked to is not uncommon. I think I saw a good 10 people brought to tears in the time I worked there.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great clients... Terrible work environment

ProsThe brand name of PMK*BNC is phenomenal and they have some of the biggest brand, talent and film clients in the industry. They do a great job of hiring really smart people.

Cons- Unfortunately, it was a culture of "mean girls" beginning with senior leadership
     - No clear vision for the company and how to really utilize smart talent effectively
     - Turn over on turn overs on turnovers
     - Very stressful work environment (not in a good way) and overworked and exhausted employees

Advice to Senior ManagementChris and Michael are great -- unfortunately most don't get the opportunity to work with them. Employees should be treated better and are just as important as clients; take the time to TRAIN junior staffers, not just yell at them and rule by fear.

Fun but had no idea what I was truly getting into...

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsYou will definitely learn a lot about the industry (talent/entertainment) very early on and at an extremely fast pace. It's a nice "family-like" work setting, everyone gets along and likes to have fun (when you're not stressing).

ConsCompensation is not nearly enough for the amount of time and effort you will put in. There are times when you and immediate colleagues are crazed and under an immense amount of stress to get certain things done and there is just not enough time in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay calm and give your assistants/AE's a chance to learn.

Worked for PMK*BNC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PMK*BNC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PMK*BNC CEO Chris Robichaud. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by PMK*BNC employees.