PMK*BNC Reviews

3.3
Michael Nyman

1. Worth it if you can keep up

I have been working at PMK*BNC

Pros

The people make it all worth it

Cons

The hours are an absolute killer

2. Leader in entertainment marketing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PMK*BNC (More than a year)

Pros

The most well connected agency on both coasts. Full of bright, young minds and seasoned veterans who know entertainment inside and out.

Cons

Rapid growth has led to a crowded office environment. Departments are siloed and more cross collaboration would be helpful.

Not Ideal

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PMK*BNC (Less than a year)

Pros

Dog-friendly, Summer Fridays, bagel Fridays

Cons

For a communications company, the communication between teams and employees is severely lacking. Hours are long, and expect to be on call at all times (after hours, weekends, holidays, you name it) and don't expect to be compensated for that time either if you're not an assistant earning over-time. Upper management is predominantly female and with that can allow for a lot of cattiness and attitude, especially toward junior staff, not to mention gossip running rampant. There are certain employees who are known to have issues with regards to how they manage and communicate, and have been known to create a tense and hostile work environment, but nothing get's done to try and make it better. The HR dept doesn't seem to have a clue what is going on most the time, and don't make it an easy environment for employees to voice their concerns or even have any type of support, as long as upper execs are happy that is all they are concerned about. Pay is far below average for employees starting off as junior staff, as with most of these agencies, not sure how they are expected to live off such low wages. Overall, the work environment is usually tense and stressful, especially when people are being spoken to in a rude and demeaning way. There are fire drills almost everyday and crazy tight deadlines are the norm. Many people have left the company just to regain their sanity and personal lives back.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect, appreciate how hard they are actually working and put a system in place that actually helps the work-place environment instead of ignoring it and having constant employee turn-over. Nobody wants to work for a company that makes their employees feel over-worked, under-appreciated and miserable.

5. Brand Marketing Assistant

I worked at PMK*BNC full-time

Pros

reputable agency, big name clients

Cons

entitled attitudes, hope you like working with all women

Advice to Management

mine your junior staff for ideas, help them grow

6. SEA

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at PMK*BNC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great networks, fast-paced, hard working people, very creative

Cons

Not as organized as you would expect, cliquey, not for anyone who wants a stable or predictable 9-5

7. Intern

I worked at PMK*BNC

Pros

Worked closely with the assistant.

Cons

I was a special events intern yet I did not attend one event. A lot of my tasks were administrative duties. Didn't really learn much.

AWFUL place to work

I worked at PMK*BNC full-time

Pros

Great clients.. The only pros that I can think of, is that the contacts you make here are great and that having this place on your resume is fantastic. And bagel/donut Friday's.

Cons

It's a tough environment. Pay is absolutely HORRIBLE, and I don't know how I survived off of it and how others survive on the pay here. You work long hours and you are not rewarded for it. Upper management can be rude, nasty and think that yelling at their assistants is how stuff gets done. It's not, and I wish HR would actually step in and make changes regarding this. HR can be catty as well, stuff that you say does not stay private. It's a very "LA" environment, and I would advise people to think twice about working here. When I read reviews prior to working here, I thought that it was all bitter people complaining, but it's not. Everyone there seems miserable, tired and unhappy.

Advice to Management

I think that the situation there was so terrible and that the company needs to do a complete turn around and think about how the business is being ran. It's no wonder people are always coming and leaving. If you want your employees to stick around, learn how to do so.

9. Intern Summer

I have been working at PMK*BNC

Pros

Fun environment, very laid back. Opportunity to work in different departments that fit your interests. Very organized internship. And a collaborative environment.

Cons

Sometimes it could be a very cliquey environment

10. A Taste of the Entertainment Industry

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at PMK*BNC

Pros

-solid internship program with coordinators who want you to succeed -biweekly lunch and learns -access to executives - a real inside look into Entertainment PR -Great supervisors

Cons

-Intern work was a little slow at times

11. Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PMK*BNC

Pros

Hands on experience working for a premiere publicity company in Los Angeles. Lots of opportunity to get involved with both talent and brands.

Cons

The internship program could be slow at some points. While most of the time there was work, sometimes you were stuck with nothing to do.

RSS Feed </> Embed