PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

3.2 1,003 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

1,003 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance"
    in 82 reviews
  • "Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management"
    in 54 reviews
Cons:
  • "upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea"
    in 44 reviews
  • "There is no work-life balance or care for the well-being of their employees"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Commercial Loan administrator

Commercial Loan Administrator (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsVery good working atmosphere, Growth oppurtunities with in PNC. Supervisors are willing to help in you move to the next level.

ConsVery low yearly raises. Depeneding on your department it may be difficut to move up to next position

Longer interview process

ProsGrowing company in assets and locations

Constoo much micro management between roles

Great so far, depends on the manager as well

Associate Investment Advisor (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

Prosgreat work life balance, growth opportunities, nice working environment, great learning opportunities
    depends on the person as well, hard work does pay off

ConsPay is well below the industry average, technology is not upto the mark
    high turnover rate for employees. Finds it difficult to hold on to good talent. Probably because of lower pay than peers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave to look into the pay system. It is a very competitive world out there.
    Have to evolve with time and stay upto the mark in terms of technology

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company To Work For

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Pottstown, PA

ProsThis company has the best benefits of any employer I've worked for. They offer health, dental, vision, educational assistance, vacation time, and many other little benefits like employee stock purchase program and health coaches. Bonuses are earned based off of production and customer service scores.

ConsThe biggest downfalls is the salary. Sometimes I do the work of 3 people and I feel that I am not appropriately compensated. You do get a quarterly bonus for customer service skills but if the branch fails, even if you have perfect shops, you don't get compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to recognize those who work hard and reward them for it.

Good company overall. Some upper management can be a pain, but it depends on what region you are in.

ProsHours, good team work, lots of room for moving up in the company

Conscompensation could be a little better

Lack of communication

Relationship Expander (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsGood pay and benefits are decent.

ConsWorkload can be extremely busy. Difficult to navigate the necessary computer programs in order to service the customer. Was told to assume the customer was a "fraudster" when calling in.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo touchy-feely. Every friday, employees got together and recognized something we were grateful for. While it was nice getting out 30 minutes early, I don't think it's necessary to promote the mindless ego-boost that usually ensued. Work on making it easier for the representatives to service the customer.

CSA, Great Rewards, Low Stress

CSA/Switcher (Former Employee)
    Clarksville, IN

ProsConsidering the push in sales in banking, PNC makes you feel as if you should only match products with what customers actually need, and that's something you can feel good about. Referrals are necessary, of course, but the incentive is awesome. I left for family. If not for that, there was great potential to advance. The KY/IN market has an exceptional team.

ConsNone of us particularly liked lobby engagement, which was policed by regionals. However, it really did make a difference when practiced properly- for safety and customer needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old workplace banking (pre-fall 2013 changes) was a great program, though maybe not practical for business with the old model, but sometimes offering the customer a great product trumps business sense in the long run. I saw a drop in my ability to sell premium products after the products changed.

Everyone needs to read this

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers. The branch I work at is very casual, and that's why a lot of our clients love us. Steady part-time hours and decent starting pay (for someone who has had no prior experience in banking). No such thing as a night shift.

ConsThis part is what everyone needs to read. Pnc bank is starting to turn into Bank of America, wells fargo, and chase bank. They implemented high referral goals, and they're putting tons of pressure on branch managers to ensure their staff meet those goals. So what does that mean? It means we have to hound almost every client about some product that they don't need in order for us to get referrals. If you're about to start working at PNC, then I hope you're a good salesman. Also, if you're a full-time college student (like me), then have fun trying to learn about every PNC product along with doing your massive amounts of schoolwork and studying. Another thing you will have to worry about (as a college student) is studying for the 2 exams you have coming up for class and meeting your sales quota for PNC.
    Here's everything in a nutshell: If you want to become a salesman, this job is the right job for you. However, If you don't want to become a salesman......

....then good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the love of Zeus, stop trying to be like Bank of America. We're the 5th largest bank in the United States, and if you all cared about the clients and not about shareholders and money, then your employees would be happier.

Good at fist, but after a few years it was terrible

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThey allow a Felxible work environment

ConsHiring people from outside the bank with a higher salary. Hard to advance. Better off leaving and coming back to make a decent salary

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the people you have if you want good workers to stay

Good Place to work

ProsHourly Wages are good for accounting

ConsLittle room for advancement within company

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All 1,003 reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.