PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Updated Jul 12, 2014

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea(in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in(in 20 reviews)

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work if you care about people

Treasury Management (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFocused on customer, cares about the people including employees.

ConsInternal technology systems are old and scattered, lots of work on integrating several mergers together.

Good learning techniques for customer service industry.

TBS (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsWork/life balance, career opportunites, and the bank offers pension plan along with option to purchas stock.

ConsThey should be more open to negotiating salary for those who meets the requirements, have a degree and the banking experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not only about the sales. Stop basing performance job appraisals on sales alone. Its a c ombination of sales, risk management and customer service. Do more than a 2% raise when the US average for the year is 3% if you rate that employee has meets all expectations. Rating an employee as such and giving a less than average raise percentage is not showing them that they have met all expectations. It shows that you are trying to save the P&L for your bonus check at the end of the year and no appreciation for your employee who helped you with branch goals.

PNC offers excellent life balance, but limited career advancement opportunities.

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsPNC is good at keeping salaried employees to a reasonable work week. The benefit packages are top of the line. Feel safe that you'll be kept around as a poor performer (but not poor ethics).

ConsThe advancement opportunities (particularly in a non-critical market are minimal or obsolete). Very little room for originality at PNC - operations, behaviors, and language are all very scripted. Beware of the ethics police - witch hunts frequently entrap innocent people.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to recognize, incentivize, and promote your good people. Good performers frequently flee to competitors for these things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like in real estate, location is key.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsSemi-set schedule, flexible vacation/personal time, good benefits.
    Excellent experience in customer service, crisis management, and loss prevention.
    Ability to move from part to full time is easy enough, but beware the glass ceiling with your position. You may be stuck there for longer than you want.

ConsNearly constant coaching for very trite matters. Intense focus on sales mixed with random Gallup surveys leads to policy inconsistencies and the feeling that goals can never be accomplished.

Very poor work/life balance on the retail side. I have been advised to increase product knowledge outside of operating hours. Some clients have personal contact with managers, meaning that their days never end.

Some branches have a regular ebb and flow of new money, others have to juice carrots. Hope and pray you're in the former, not the latter.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the right person for the branch, not just to put a body on the line.
    Chill out on sales. Not everyone who walks through your door is another opportunity. Some people just need a problem solved.
    Coaching should be used to encourage growth, not to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Decent opportunity, but hard to make money

Merchant Servics Account Executive (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexibility, Access to Management, Referral base from numerous branches, Technology is good

ConsIncome less than expected, Unpredictable income, Not much advancement opportunities at any PNC

Care about development at PNC group

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prostry to engage employees and worklife balance hours are decent

Conspolicies, procedures can become tiresome

Outstanding, Great, Wonderful, Great Advancement

Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe pay is great co-workers are great. I would go back to work.

ConsSave more ppl money, don't bailout stupid ppl.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep It up

PNC BANK not fair on ethics and Code of Conduct assessments.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGood base salary but had to maintain metrics in order to qualify.
    Wonderful relationships established within the overall PNC branch footprint.
    Most branch managers are real people.

ConsConfiscated commissions and residuals if you did not maintain your quota.
    The organization is overwhelmed with infighting, politics and group alienation.
    Constantly under scrutiny and pressured for performance in an unstable environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to employee contributions regarding process and policies.

PNC Bank

File Clerk (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe people all worked together as a team, willing to help when needed.

ConsMy position was no longer needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't yo yo your employees. Saying one minutes that your job is safe then it's not, then it is, and the final blow HR shows up with an exit packet saying your last day is January 1.

Horrible Branch Manager

Financial Consultant (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsLoved talking to different people every day

ConsManager had it out for me because I was the only male working and had no prior banking experience. She didn't take the time to train me, broken promises other than the customer interactions it was a very negative experience

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES!!!! Set them up for success and not for failure. If you don't have the time to train them then hire someone who has the experience you're looking for not someone who is just good as sales

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!