PNC Financial Services Group
3.2 of 5 1,003 reviews
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 9, 2014

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great overall experience, career building opportunity.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Middletown, NJ

ProsAwesome company and good philosophy.

ConsCertain senior management not in tune with company philosophy.

Not as work/life balance as they promise

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Brick, NJ

ProsDepending on the branch you'll have a manager who really cares about your advancement. The vacation for full timers isn't awful, and the paid holidays are nice.

ConsUpper management ( higher than branch manager) doesn't always stick to their promises/objectives. Difficult to move up in the branches, raises are not worth it. New incentive plan is brutal, and the insurance is awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on your employees and less on your sales goals.

Best bank I've worked for in my 13 years in the business

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    East Orange, NJ

ProsPNC is not a widget driven bank. They are a relationship driven bank. I know every bank says that, but the PNC strategy truly exemplifies this. They have an eco-system of business partners that works together to reach branch goals. At many banks, you don't know who your business partners are; you'll often only see them once or twice a year. This is not the case at PNC. They are extremely accessible. Good overall culture. I've never once been asked "How many checking accounts did you open today?", which is rare for a bank. PNC is truly committed to the entire financial relationship.

ConsSame challenges exist at PNC that exist in all commercial retail banks. Aggressive sales goals with a very slim work-force. Also, there's been a strong push to get clients to use the ATM, online, and mobile banking which will essentially make brick and mortar banking centers obsolete.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aweful

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
    Spotswood, NJ

ProsDecent training, benefits, clean office? I need 20 words and cannot find anything nice to say.

ConsOnly focus is on sales not banking. They put pressure to sell on every employee and higher ups constantly create sales tracking reports that you have to fill out daily. It is not a good thing for a bank who should be concerned with customer service and Banking 1st. Selling credit cards and refinancing only if customers need it...not to fill a quota.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to retain your staff...which your obviously having problems with treat them and your customers with respect.

This job is Okay. Nice people. Higher management not always the greatest. Low pay for tellers and head tellers.

Teller (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

ProsNice place to work. Everyone gets along with everyone.

ConsLow pay, Customer ratings, poor upper management. Not a lot of room to grow.

Great environment, awesome people.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    East Brunswick, NJ

ProsPNC is very flexible and supportive, everyone is friendly and willing to help. Never had trouble reaching out to others.

ConsNothing really, I had a great experience there.

Great Co-workers, poor branch and regional management

Teller (Former Employee)
    Bedminster, NJ

ProsGood Pay, Flexible Hours, Great Co-workers, Friendly Customers, Opportunity to learn a lot of useful information to help you grow as an individual and a branch, Some opportunity for advancement if you know the right people. Good learning tools. Good Lobby management techniques.

ConsMicromanagement at its peak just unbearable. Unrealistic sales goals at certain points was not always as bad in past years. Equipment would break often, computers would run slow half the time making customers wait longer for their transactions to be finished.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the equipment so the teller staff can exhibit 5 star service, stop micromanaging it doest work only displeases staff. Set realist goals for the area your located in based on economic output. And Change the Gallup questions they are ridiculously inaccurate. "Did I make you feel special today" Seriously?!?! (They all feel special if their transactions are done quickly accurately and have some kind of personal touch to them from the staff.)

Best job i have ever had

Teller Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Plainfield, NJ

ProsThe people you work with and the products where awesome.

ConsSalary could be more competive, Managers do what ever they like and get away with murder until something happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually work

Good company to start a career

Business Banker (Former Employee)
    Wayne, NJ

ProsI was able to learn a lot about the diversified financial services industry. Training provided was excellent and really allowed me to succeed.

ConsNot great career management resources, I did not really know where my growth opportunities were, especially outside of my division. Lacked a full 360 degree feedback system.

Great Corp

FSC (Current Employee)
    New Brunswick, NJ

ProsGreat Corp, no max on incentive, no privacy on issues mostly full revolving door on upper management

ConsSlow career Growth, slow raises high turnover rate

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep career promises

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.