PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews in Raleigh, NC

Updated Apr 27, 2014

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea(in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in(in 20 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

PNC Bank

FSC (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsExcellent work environment; strong support.

ConsHigh sales revenue threshhold requirement.

Things are going downhill swiftly.

Teller Supervisor I (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe relationships I developed with my team and customers was fantastic. There is a pension program, the PTO policies for full time employees are fair. When the technology works, there is great benefit to offer customers to compete with other area banks.

ConsIt's becoming known in certain circles as "BOA 2.0". Policies and standards are constantly changing and becoming more like Wells Fargo and BOA to compete with the share of households those companies have. The sales pressure is intense, and it's hard to balance the operational duties with everything expected sales-wise. There is also a severe shortage of staffing in the branches, and branch managers are working nearly 50 hours a week as they are the only salaried positions. The rest of the staff is constantly working at a disadvantage, without lunch breaks, without adequate coverage, which makes it nearly impossible to achieve the sales and service results expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings are still different in the South. We don't want to work 7 days a week, and more and more of our customers are leaving for smaller community banks because they are not seeing what PNC promised when they moved in. And you are losing good people because of the sales-focused mentality.

Best bank I've ever worked for!

Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsPNC as a whole truly cares about its employees' engagement and job satisfaction. The great thing is, you're surveyed twice annually and PNC takes your responses very seriously. They want to make sure your development is encouraged, your opinions count and that you have everything you need to do your job the best that you can. On the other hand, they also care about the customers -- they do not product push and you are never forced to put your customers into products that they don't need. It's all very personalized and needs-based.
    The benefits are good, you get plenty of paid time off/vacation and sick pay -- with the option to "purchase" an additional week of vacation.
    Training is amazing. They have awesome facilitators who care about the success of each person they train.
    Overall, I love this bank. I never would have left if it weren't for my family's relocation. I highly suggest you give them a try!

ConsTo me, there are positively no cons. PNC is a great place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementI've worked in various regions of PNC and from my own experience, this is my feedback: Get the newly acquired RBC regions and branches all on the same PNC page. It's vastly different when you go from PA PNC to southern PNC.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Harassment

Vice President (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe bank has a great brand in place. Grow up Great is an awesome way to support the communities. I've had a great experience working here over the years with upper management. Most of the great leaders where with National City, originally.

ConsOne of the worst things about working at PNC is the ERIC Hotline. When you call them for help with a troubled employee, they give you a huge push back. It's not easy to get rid of an employee that doesn't contribute to the bank success. However, when you make a mistake, the bank can easily get rid of you. I have been with PNC for 9 years, almost going on 10 years, and today I have been placed on administrative leave for telling a client that their debit was not ordered because her name is to long and we needed to speak to her prior to ordering the card instead of telling her that the banker she last spoke to forgot to order for her. I was just trying to not put the banker in a bad spot. I ordered the card on the day the customer called and she never complaint about it. I was told the reason I am placed on leave is because I am not an honest employee.
    I have rarely taken lunch, bathroom breaks, sick days. An honest employee works hard and is committed as I have all these years. I originally started as a PT Teller and today I manage over 12 employees and over 2200 house holds. I put in my time and still love the bank, but its to bad the bank can't seem to keep their best employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize when you see good employees. Keep the excellent employees and watch out for the ones that pretend to be good!!!

Work in Progress

Account Excuetive (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat benefits. Great Brand. Good products.

ConsPNC is new to the southeast. Still in transition period. A lot of uncertainty of who is going to stay on board or leave.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!