PNC Financial Services Group

www.pnc.com

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.2 1,017 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea(in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in(in 20 reviews)

1,017 Employee Reviews

Best training program, very collegial and friendly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsIt's true: Wall St. capabilities, Main St. culture. There is also a very strong emphasis on teamwork. Senior bankers are outstanding, great to work with and really develop their people.

ConsCredit decisions made by separate organization, can be very bureaucratic. An awful lot of staff overhead, but the present regulatory environment makes that a problem for the whole industry.

Great company overall ... Market management needs to be changed ...

Business Banking Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat focus on providing quality products and service to clients -- both consumer and small business. Good benefits for employees and opportunities for development and growth. Good presence in the market which allows for a competitive advantage in the efforts to win and retain clients.

ConsMarket management tries to manage by intimidation. Very little focus on work/life balance. Heavy focus on change and very little value on individual employee contributions or previous accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closely at the management in the market as you try to determine why the market is not 'attaining it's potential". Employee satisfaction has been declining and management by intimidation with little to no appreciation demonstrated only fuels the decline further.

Good team environemnt...!!!!

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

Pros- Oppurtunity to learn more.
    - Best team that I have worked.

Cons- Project Management
    - Work Load

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsPNC is a wonderful company. It has an opportunity for growth, and works with its employees to help them grow. The pay is competitive and there are good benefits. Each branch is a little different, but overall every branch works to give each customer a great experience.

ConsI didn't experience many challenges working there. It was a great place to work. I loved my job and my branch worked well together.

I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company.

Document Procurement Processor/Setup (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsI started in 2009 and since then I've gone from my starting position to one that was created then back to my original position. I like working here because the salaries are competitive, the benefits are good and I love the people I work with as well as my boss. They have a 401K match, pension and various other great benefits. To be fair I am in an introductory position with no incentives which takes the pressure off, even though I still have to hit a quota. I work at the Downers Grove, IL location.

ConsI am being let go from the company effective in September because the position that I was in was "eliminated" which I am still mad about. They promised that it would be a great career path to processing, then a year later, they got rid of it and the duties of the position were absorbed into another one. Other than that, like a lot of the other reviews on here, the most you can get as a salary increase with moving to another position is 10%. Other than that, I don't have any cons as this is the best company I have ever worked for. I am trying to find other employment right now before my severance date in September. They also have a very generous severance package which helps out a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't offer a position that is going to be a gateway to another position then take it away. This has thrown my whole career out of whack and with it being such a tough time in the mortgage industry right now, I might not even be able to get another job in the industry. Salary increases should be higher especially when going from one department to another.

Awesome company to work for. Good pay, pension, 401(k) and health benefits.

Banking Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsCareer growth. Base salary plus quarterly bonus based on sales. Fun environment and the training program is great.

ConsRegional Manager not very supportive and unqualified to handle workload. It caused a lot of problems to trickle down to branch level.

Great Company!

Financial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Wanaque, NJ

ProsLove the people in this company! Management is always pushing me to go further in my career.

ConsIn-Store hours are a little strange...

The job is laid-back and a lot of freedom is given for an individual's work.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a good work-life balance. The job provides flexibility. A lot of free reign on what to do with projects is given, though it can be interpreted as "lack of guidance/direction" depending on the person.

ConsPerhaps some more development could be offered. The compensation is acceptable. Perhaps more responsibility and additional projects can be given to further challenge an individual.

It is a ever change place of business.

Credit Card Consultant (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsTime-off is great in the call center we have flex time where you can take time off without question and do things that you need to do. Vacation is wonderful and benefits are great except we no longer have PPO with the deductible. You get quarterly bonuses and that is based off your performance such as call time, adherence to schedule, quality call listening, and lastly customer survey ratings, and sales consultants get revenue credits. Promotions are competitive and you have to apply for them. You have plenty opportunity to move from one department to the next. Also the atmoshpere is friendly.

ConsIt is stressful as things are constantly changing to reflect federal and state regulations and also market needs. Some customer have a sense of entitlement about the banking relationship they have with PNC. The Leaderships varies based off who team you are on so switching teams means you can go from a boss with relaxed standards to someone who goes by the book 100%. Dress code sucks as I love my jogging pants and SIT FOR 8 hours. Also the CEO is a dumb he rarely answers the question that people ask during the call center meetings that happen about every 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore compenstation would be nice

Dissapointed

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) Miamisburg, OH

ProsBenefits pretty good, strong community involvement.

ConsA 2% increase for an exceeds expectations review is discouraging at best. Sad to say they don't pay their employees what they are worth. Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!