PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated April 25, 2015
1457 reviews filtered by
1,457 Reviews
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 111 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 26 reviews)

• upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 56 reviews)

1. Very solid organization, conservative based with phenomenal reputation in the region.

Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Truly recognized as a leader within the branch. Many opportunities with this skill set and experience. The company emphasizes internal referrals to the financial consultant.

Cons

Misalignment within management. There is a lot of turnover in this role. Things still being figured out as this is a position formed just a few years ago. Vacation time is limited.

2. Business Banker

Current Employee - Business Banker in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Business Banker in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent people. Solid core values. Stability. Some growth opportunity.

Cons

Bank is growing and becoming more concerned with The Street. Products are being pushed without concern for true profitability. Management is rewarding bankers that do the wrong things.

3. Financial Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a great company I really enjoy coming to my job everyday, working with great staff also helps.
    401k Match and still get a pension
    I do get feedback from senior management which is great they do show appreciation

Cons

Medical Insurance did get worse the past few years, it used to be really good when I first started now its all high deductibles.

Do not like the vision insurance either

vacation is on the low end only 2 weeks until you get to 5 years service

Retail Banking is very underpaid I think

Administrative Coordiantor

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

I worked for PNC Bank for 25 years. I really enjoyed working for PNC and advanced over my years with PNC. The pay was good and benefits are great. I worked with a great group of people.

Cons

After all the time I gave to PNC I was laid off, because someone in upper management needed to find a way to save money. 42 Admins from my department across the foot print three in my office which left one girl to try and do everything that needed to be done. No one from upper management was let go. I am single and thought I would retire from PNC. I feel the time I worked with them meant nothing when it came to the bottom line. And they are a very good company who have the resources.

Advice to Management

Think before you act. You can ruin a person life. When you give most of your working life to one company and they throw you away, to save a few dollars, which I believe doesn't affect there salaries or bonus.

6. Customer Service Specialists

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good reasons from my opinion to work for PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP, I have obtained knowledge of demand deposit accounts, savings, CD's, Money Market Accounts, IRAs, and Loans. I also obtained knowledge about Mortgages and Investment opportunities for clients with high balances that may want to look into more options to invest their funds. I had the opportunity to expedite my ability to cross sell and sell products and services. As well as grow as a individual in the world of banking, finance, economics and as well as use my accounting skills.

Cons

PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP, is in fact one of the largest ton ten banks in America. Yet, I feel for as hard as I work and meet my goals that I deserve to be better compensated for my endless consistent efforts as an employee. Other than this I don't have much negative to say about PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard even though your hard work and dedication is not always appreciated.

7. LOAN OFFICER

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

The manager was very helpful.

Cons

There was too much to learn. It was like trying to drink water from a fire hose.

Advice to Management

Make the learning in bits and pieces.

8. Funds Transfer Operations

Current Employee - Banking Operations in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Banking Operations in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Pension is a plus.

Cons

Not working in the field I have experience in.

9. Lots of opportunites for advancement within, entry level pay is below average, high turnover rate.

Current Employee - Branch Financial Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Branch Financial Sales Consultant

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture fosters development and encourages the desire for advancement.

Cons

Entry level pay and commission structure (revenue credits) for the BFSC position is below average. Regional Management is out of touch and changes their focus constantly.

Advice to Management

Processing systems overhaul would benefit employee and clients alike. Regional Management needs to set longer term plans in place and stick with them.

10. Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Great staff to work with, good expectations set for each employee. They have awesome support for each employee as well.

Cons

The hiring process was a bit hectic for a few things were mentioned but never followed up on. They also should do more screening when hiring because there were some questionable individuals they had hired whom were fired the first day of work.

Advice to Management

Better screen your candidates for the positions you offer. Though it is simple work, it should be trusted with the right people.

Teller

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job, permanent schedule, good customer service and cash handling experience.

Cons

Little pay, hard to grow in the company within certain area, colleagues are not very friendly.

PNC Financial Services Group Photos