PNC Financial Services Group
www.pnc.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

3.2 1,002 reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak

William S. Demchak

1,002 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance"
    in 82 reviews
  • "Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management"
    in 54 reviews
Cons:
  • "upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea"
    in 44 reviews
  • "There is no work-life balance or care for the well-being of their employees"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company.

Document Procurement Processor/Setup (Current Employee)
    Downers Grove, IL

ProsI started in 2009 and since then I've gone from my starting position to one that was created then back to my original position. I like working here because the salaries are competitive, the benefits are good and I love the people I work with as well as my boss. They have a 401K match, pension and various other great benefits. To be fair I am in an introductory position with no incentives which takes the pressure off, even though I still have to hit a quota. I work at the Downers Grove, IL location.

ConsI am being let go from the company effective in September because the position that I was in was "eliminated" which I am still mad about. They promised that it would be a great career path to processing, then a year later, they got rid of it and the duties of the position were absorbed into another one. Other than that, like a lot of the other reviews on here, the most you can get as a salary increase with moving to another position is 10%. Other than that, I don't have any cons as this is the best company I have ever worked for. I am trying to find other employment right now before my severance date in September. They also have a very generous severance package which helps out a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't offer a position that is going to be a gateway to another position then take it away. This has thrown my whole career out of whack and with it being such a tough time in the mortgage industry right now, I might not even be able to get another job in the industry. Salary increases should be higher especially when going from one department to another.

Dissapointed

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Miamisburg, OH

ProsBenefits pretty good, strong community involvement.

ConsA 2% increase for an exceeds expectations review is discouraging at best. Sad to say they don't pay their employees what they are worth. Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in.

Good company, goal oriented

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsExciting to be part of a team that was looking to grow within the community. Able to build the business as you see it should be built

Consnone. They should continue to grow the company as they have identifying key locations that there is a need for true old school banking relationships

Advice to Senior Managementnone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic Company

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Mobile, AL

ProsLove the company and the employees are very warm and welcoming.

ConsSome policies vary between markets and can get a little confusing.

Good Learning Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to learn new technologies, pay, and being made to feel you are part of the company.

ConsTechnology is dated and infrastructure is lacking. Progress is being made, but there is ways to go. In technology the direction to move into management is targeted towards moving into a Project Manager role before being able to move into a management role.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and support them. A lot of change is in process in how technology is being driven.

Wish I had started on this track years ago!

Bank Teller (Current Employee)
    Decatur, IL

ProsWork-life balance, nice helpful friendly coworkers who are not gossips, branch manager that is fair and cares about work ethics.

ConsNot any that are solo horrible to mention

Advice to Senior ManagementBring up more worthy and professional minorities and women up in the ranks of senior management. Don't be afraid to promote from within!

IT Project Manager

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsThe Company is highly employee focused

ConsDue to growth, the company has become somewhat beurocratic

HR department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostime off policies, compensation okay, training okay

ConsNot work/life balance, management, leadership, promotions not based on merit but tenure

...............................

Prosno work on sundays, paid federal holidays

Conssales, high over turn, low base pay

Advice to Senior Management.

It is a ever change place of business.

Credit Card Consultant (Current Employee)
    Kalamazoo, MI

ProsTime-off is great in the call center we have flex time where you can take time off without question and do things that you need to do. Vacation is wonderful and benefits are great except we no longer have PPO with the deductible. You get quarterly bonuses and that is based off your performance such as call time, adherence to schedule, quality call listening, and lastly customer survey ratings, and sales consultants get revenue credits. Promotions are competitive and you have to apply for them. You have plenty opportunity to move from one department to the next. Also the atmoshpere is friendly.

ConsIt is stressful as things are constantly changing to reflect federal and state regulations and also market needs. Some customer have a sense of entitlement about the banking relationship they have with PNC. The Leaderships varies based off who team you are on so switching teams means you can go from a boss with relaxed standards to someone who goes by the book 100%. Dress code sucks as I love my jogging pants and SIT FOR 8 hours. Also the CEO is a dumb he rarely answers the question that people ask during the call center meetings that happen about every 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore compenstation would be nice

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNC Financial Services Group CEO William S. Demchak. All 1,002 reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees.