PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
1405 reviews filtered by
3.1
1,405 Reviews
PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 111 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 26 reviews)

• upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 56 reviews)

1. It was okay

Former Employee - PNC Bank Financial Sales Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - PNC Bank Financial Sales Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

office culture, time off policies

Cons

salary work life balance promotions perks

work life balance personal growth and development

2. Team Lead

Current Employee - Team Lead
    Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay. Good stepping stone into the financial industry.

Cons

Unorganized. no clear cut training for employee development. Management is corrupt and shows obvious favoritism.

Get it together. The politics and oppressing atmosphere will cause you to loose great employees.

3. Company sucks!

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

None notta zero glad I m gone!

Cons

Petty company who doesn t hold their leadership accountable!

5. Would not work at PNC atlanta area ever again

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

they will recognize you when you do well

Cons

high micro management, promises for advancement never come, they will hire someone from another company before you get the position.

6. Okay

Current Employee - Teller in Westfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Teller in Westfield, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Office Culture is the only pro

Cons

Management, benefits, training, compensation, not alot of opportunities for growth

leadership & training could be better

7. Think twice before working for a cheap company

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Columbus, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There isn't many pros to working at PNC Bank. The only pro that I can consider is having the opportunity to work from home.

Cons

Alright where do I begin. I worked for a short period of time and was promoted to a Lead quickly. I quickly Learned the PNC way is to promote with $0 incentive. You will earn a 1-3% raise based off your rating, and or a bonus. That is not a promotion when you're handed much more work and only to get zilch in the end.

I worked for the bank for nearly 5 years and received Exceeds Expectations every single year. Including my last year for 2014. I worked for a month 1/2 for 2015 before resigning. I was informed by my manager that I will receive a BONUS for 2014 exceeds expectations. PNC decided to come up with a new policy that you have to work up to the date of when you receive a bonus even though it was for the new year. On top of that they sent me a bill for tuition reimbursement that must be paid in full in 30 days else straight to collections.

In addition I was informed by a reliable source that HR is planning on decreasing employees salaries by 5% deduction in 2015. The company also plans on changing their employee guidelines on yearly raises.

Exceeds Expectations : Currently 3% Raise. Next year 1% raise
    Meets Expectations: Currently 1-2% Raise. Next year .25% raise

I worked 60 - 80 hour weeks for this company. Traveled for them, up all hours of the night on call and in the end I was punished by not receiving my well deserved bonus, and also being jipped on vacation time that they owed me that also became a new policy. Be careful when choosing PNC as your employer.

Management you need to be careful on the racism that goes on in PNC. I've seen that a certain race only wants a particular race to get a head in this world. Be careful because one day the company is going to have a major lawsuit on their hands.

8. Too little pay for so much stress!!!

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

Ability to advance quickly, lots of information available to employees and technology is becoming important to the company to make for a better experience!!

Cons

They do not pay enough!!! Vacation time is minimal and sales requirements for branches are out of control especially on the investment side. Turn over is awful!

9. Miserable

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group

Pros

I struggle to think of any pros, unfortunately.

Cons

Unreasonable expectations, gun-point pressure mentality as far as sales, upper level managent (not the branches) is oddly moronic considering they somehow got to be upper management. I can only describe it as "bullylike". Low pay. Dishonest toward the ideals they profess (it's really about sales sales sales, not customer care).

Lose the east coast macho, hey look at me I'm awesome type of mentality and consider dealing with people appropriately.

10. Horrible place to work!

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Greensboro, NC

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, 401K and No Saturdays

Cons

I worked for PNC Bank for over SEVENTEEN years! I was told in June that I was being displaced, due to them closing a branch in our County. I was told I was being replaced with someone from the closing branch, half my age, made half my salary...because my REFERRALS were not up to par! FIVE days before I'm suppose to leave PNC, My Teller Supervisor commences to tell me...in front of a customer...that she just found out they give the girl replacing me a different job, and I was no longer displaced and I WAS NOT getting my severance package!!! Two days later the manager comes to work, and verifies that what I was told was true...however she had no clue how they knew!!! I was told that if I did NOT stay, they were taking my severance package...and that is EXACTLY what they did!!! I had just got hired by another employer, and they all knew it. Then...they went to one of the other ladies that was being displaced...and told her since I wasn't staying...if she didn't stay, they were taking her severance too!!! That was August...and as of today, SEVEN months later, the girl that SUPPOSEDLY was hired for another job....the reason I was supposedly not displaced...is STILL DOING MY JOB!!!!

RESPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES!

Terrible company to work for

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bank hours, no Saturday's, close to home, cafe in building, some cool people, decent pay.

Cons

Freezing office, wrong people are promoted, terrible follow through on any iniatives, mgmt has no idea what they're doing

Learn your job, treat others with respect, try to meet coworkers needs, step out of your office. Call a snow day when necessary

PNC Financial Services Group Photos