PNC Mortgage

2.5

CEO

Good

I have been working at PNC Mortgage

Pros

Made great relationships with co workers

Cons

Politics. Politics. Politics and more politics.

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service in Miamisburg, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Miamisburg, OH

I worked at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, and lots of room for growth and opportunity. You can easily get promoted within the company. Also great work from home opportunities.

Cons

The pay is subpar to other banks. They changed the pay grades so if you moved up to a different position you didn't make that much more money.

Consider communicating more and also changing the pay grades back.

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Vice President Operations
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is family friendly, team structured and supportive and recognizes the individual strengths of its employees

Cons

The opportunities to advance are limited. The hiring structure encourages the workers to leave PNC and come back to achieve any true change in their wages.

Management needs to recognize the cost of building a quality employee and institute a retention program (wage and benefits) that recognize successful workers.

Too much of a bank

I worked at PNC Mortgage

Pros

Good salary. Nice people to work with...

Cons

They don't get the mortgage business. They over kil on paoerwork. Realtors laugh when you mention them.

Treat it like a mortgage company not as a stoic old bank sub.

Very disappointing

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Houston, TX

I worked at PNC Mortgage full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people at PNC Mortgage are smart and talented.

Cons

If you are out of the bank's footprint, don't work here as a Loan Originator. PNC will turn you into a 40k a year processor. You will have the worst technology in the industry and you will be chained to your desk doing paperwork. The processing and underwriting are in Chicago and hard to reach and PNC will turn every closing into a fire drill. PNC Mortgage WILL ruin your reputation with Realtors- that is a fact.

Shut down the mortgage company outside of your bank footprint and either start over from scratch or buy an existing company and keep it separate from the banking side. PNC has the people and resources to be the best in the country, but the route you folks have taken makes PNC Mortgage one of the worst.

Very easy going work environment. Management is accessible and not overly demanding

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work environment is easy going. Work life balance is great. Flexible. Great organization for teamwork. Not being micromanaged. Work at my pace.

Cons

Hard to advance. Responsibilities and roles are not clearly defined. Management doesn't engage employees at all levels. Experience is over valued

Stuck in their old ways

I have been working at PNC Mortgage

Pros

Work/Life Balance is pretty on par with other companies. They pay ok when it comes to salary. They have young talent at the comany (Top tier recent college graduates).

Cons

HR Department lives by their old logic of "Experience over youth/talent. They would rather higher someone that has 5-10 yrs experience than giving the job to an internal employee with is young, talented and educated.

Take advantage of the young talent is which you have available rather than chasing someone with years of experience that you would have to pay 30K more per year.

My Experience was fair. The interaction was pleasant in most situations but the work environment was tense.

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Miamisburg, OH
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Miamisburg, OH

I worked at PNC Mortgage as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Knowledge of the mortgage industry. PNCM embraces employees based on past experience and trains them on how the mortgage industry works.

Cons

There are a few cons that I realized when working at PNCM. IT professionals who work for PNCM are paid much lower than the industry average. PNCM does not address employees who pose as road blocks to major projects. Management does not know how to effectively deal with decenters of progress.

Upgrade your systems! Update your processes and remove individuals who stand in the way of progress. Those are people who state "we have been performing a function a certain way for X number of years and there is no need to change it." These are individuals who are attempting to hold on to a position of authority without learning anything new or improving.

Not the place for large producers

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible working conditions. Free to run your business how you see fit. Management will go the extra mile to assist when needed

Cons

Lack of sales support and inconsistent communication. Work day productivity hampered by support in different time zone. Communication with support can be frustrating at times as well.

Make the same mortgage products available in ALL offices and make sales support local

An okay company to work for.

Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Miamisburg, OH
    Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Miamisburg, OH

I worked at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My salary increased quite a bit during my tenure there. Within 3 years it increased at least $10,000. For the amount I was making without a degree I feel it was pretty good. I had a wonderful manager while there who actually cared and it made working there a lot easier.

Cons

The company lacks culture and they rarely do things to show they value their employees. They constantly over work everyone and they do tons of layoffs here and there. In addition they hire the most unethical employees who continuously back stab you and fight (physically and verbally) at one another. It was a stressful environment and many times I sacrificed a weekend due to being overworked.