www.pncmortgage.com

Updated February 27, 2015
Updated February 27, 2015
2.7

CEO

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is pretty on par with other companies (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, good health insurance, mostly good people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The processing and underwriting are in Chicago and hard to reach and PNC will turn every closing into a fire drill (in 3 reviews)

• The senior leadership and overall work environment are considered poor by the sales and operations teams (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

I loved working for PNC.

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the ability to move around the company, Different departments, and locations. They have excellent benefits, especially the health insurance.

Cons

The training is less the desirable, you have to be able to train yourself because the training was horrible. The trainers were more worried about dress code then skills needed for the job. Promotions are hard to get because you can not move up too much at one time even if you are more than qualified. The promotions are based of pay grade. IE you can move from 4 to 7, but can go to 4to 6. Even the you more qualified for the 7.

Learned a lot.

Former Contractor - Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Contractor - Loan Processor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PNC Mortgage as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

A real culture of cooperation among the departments.

Cons

Training doesn't prepare you for life on the floor.

Seek a new-hire trainer who will maintain control of the class and engage them more than from behind a desk.

Company is learning on the job

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively new company since merger but lots of people retained from old company in mid to senior level positions. Growth opportunities are available if you put forth effort.

Cons

Behind in some technology aspects regarding systems, software.

Grow talent throughout the geographical footprint

Poor Values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Although some employees have had positive experiences with a limited number of managers, I don't have a similar positive experience to share, unfortunately.

Cons

Money is clearly more important than people. The benefits program is sub-par; sick time, vacation, and compensation offered are below average. Members of management are clearly more interested in increasing the bottom line than they are in promoting from within.

Great people to work with and for.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Miamisburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work schedule flexibility. Concerned with career development. Comprehensive training available.

Cons

Salaries are average at best.

Disabled friendly? No.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are really nice to work with, pay is not the greatest but it will meet basic needs, vacation/sick days.

Cons

No advancement, favoritism, time and attendance, layoffs, work-life balance, business politics, supervisors

Management tests or aptitude tests should be required than required education and experience. Situational classes should be an requirement.

Do not work here if you don't have to!

Former Employee - Loan Processor
    Former Employee - Loan Processor

I worked at PNC Mortgage

Pros

Some people were nice, coffee was available all day, that's about all I can say that was positive.

Cons

Pay is not as good as other processing jobs; they lay off often (could be anyone, you never feel secure!); They make you work overtime after the layoffs, which is then tough to maintain a healthy work/life balance.Everyone is always tense and the job is very stressful. Raises are pretty much non existent.. The goals they make for you each month are sometimes impossible. Turn over rate is high because it seems no one is happy here.

Mortgage Market Manager

I worked at PNC Mortgage

Pros

The training is very good. The company has fantastic benefits and good technology.

Cons

Competition has better marketing support for loan officers. The options are very good but more and more companies have developed more interactive pieces for customers and business partners.

I have been working at PNC Mortgage

Pros

Benefits is about all that PNC offers

Cons

Work life balance and little to no raises. Management low rate, use title to treat employees wrong. Use you for all the pennies they can give you

Try to have a better understanding of your employees and not hide behind your title, you don't make that much either. Micro manage and they don't even know the jobs they manage. Terrible place to work!!

Veteran Friendly..... Ummmm NO!!!!

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at PNC Mortgage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have coffee and try and be proactive in training. Along with this they often try and do things around the office to make it seem like a team environment when in reality it just disrupts your workday!

Cons

Small regional mentality trying to be big time. I have worked for the big guys and the culture at PNC is one of a insular old boys club that doesn't take kindly to new blood. This company has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years from a large regional to a Super Regional just below the big 5.
    The problem is the management on the lower levels don't seem to grasp this. Additionally they place an inordinate amount of pressure on operations along with constantly moving goals. To add insult to injury they profess their support of a "work life balance" when in reality this means work first, work second, work third, oh you have a life outside the bank and sometimes things happen... well call HR and see if we can get in trouble for not letting you attend to this... HR said no.... crack whip get back to work!
    There is no accountability at the managerial level with the common response to issues that may arise being to blame the employee for any problems and avoid ownership of their role in the problem. It's the not really a team so stab you in the back and smile in your face mentality.
    Training was an absolute joke. As a level 1 in my job I was held to the same expectations and performance expectations as the top level 3 employee! So someone with 15 years of experience and someone with a year of experience were expected to perform at the exact same level of production and efficiency! Well that's like asking your 21 year old to drive a car and your 15 year old to drive a car.... who do you think is more likely to make mistakes. Then as stated before instead of management being proactive and identifying areas of weakness for additional training or mentoring you learn through trial and error and are penalized for making an error. To add insult to injury then you also begin to learn that your job maybe in jeopardy taboot!

When you profess to be veteran friendly remember that we veterans sometimes have wounds you can't see! Also working with us and TRAINING and MENTORING us is very important.