PNM Resources

Add Photos

PNM Resources CEO and Director Patricia K. (Pat) Vincent-Collawn

Patricia K. (Pat) Vincent-Collawn

TX Takeover Ruined the Company

Program Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at PNM Resources full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat Benefits
Market Pay
Educational Assistance
Enjoyed working with most of my colleagues

ConsLost their loyalty to NM employees when TX came to town
Very political and cliche-ish
No recognition for finishing your degree, Bachelors or Masters

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the IT Management - they only look good because they expect folks to work 24/7.

People will work their hearts out if they feel that their manager and the company at least pretends to care about them. This company doesn't even pretend anymore.

They only like the people who are willing to sacrifice their personal time to work because there is so much work to do and not enough people to do it.

Great company until outsourcing, now not Technology focused at all

I have been working at PNM Resources full-time for more than 8 years

Pros401k Benefits are excellent
Health Benefits are average
Flexibility

ConsCompany is not technology focused - if an IT person, you will remain stagnant
Too many mid to upper level managers
Lack of growth opportunity
Incentive pay is non-existent - except of course for mid to upper level managers
Compensation is not equivalent to market if in Texas - everything based off Albuquerque

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should do a better job of increasing morale and satisfaction for their employees. After outsourcing, employees are being asked to do a lot more work with fewer people and no incentive for doing so. On the plus side, the company has allowed for a more flexible environment and they should continue providing that flexibility.

Dissapointing

I worked at PNM Resources full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMany coworkers were very professional and great to work with.

ConsVery political management style based on personalities and relationships rather than objective criteria.
Many in senior positions, particularly in HR, are rule/policy followers rather than leaders with a vision and managerial courage.

PNM Resources headed in wrong direction

I worked at PNM Resources full-time

ProsWas a very good company until new management. Worked in organization for many years until management expanded and tried to grow too fast.

ConsCompany moral and management style got so bad I decided to go else where. Management not looking for what is best for company, but to line their own pockets.

It was a great place to work, not so anymore!

I worked at PNM Resources

ProsGreat experience, I've learned a lot and worked with some wonderful people. Pay is very good for New Mexico.

ConsIn one word, "Management." Upper management has the philosophy, "Do as I say, not as I do." All they care about is how big their bonus is going to be and how much money they make. It is all about appearances now. They've gotten rid of a lot of good people and the only ones who are left are the ones who claw their way over their co-workers and stab them in the back to get what they want. Morale is at an all time low. The company is swimming in bureaucracy thanks to an over zealous HR department. Performance plans, for example, are very arduous to complete and in the long run, don't mean a thing. The new kicker this year is that a certain percentage of employees in each department now have to get a "Needs Improvement," regardless of how the department or the individual is actually performing -- talk about de-motivating!

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit worrying so much about yourselves and start worrying about what's really good for the company and the people who work here. We're the worst rated utility in the nation, and management wears it as a badge of honor! Quit blaming the PRC for its lack of support on rate increases and start doing the job you [emphasis on "you"] were hired to do and get paid obscenely well to do.

Senior Management is a problem

I worked at PNM Resources

ProsEmployees at Director Level and below worked hard and worked together to make the company a great place to work. Environment was team oriented with celebrated success across the company and there used to be company organized events with the focus on helping the community.

ConsSenior Management failed to move the company into a profitable direction and started hacking up the company to make the books look good. Instead of building up, it became years of tear-down and layoffs in a very poor economy. People who should have been let go due to lack of performance were kept and good people and knowledge walked to the door. IT was outsourced to India and the place is falling apart. Management gets a huge bonus but the employees and customers pay the price. Its really unfortunate. Change Senior Management now before there isn't anything left.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the greed and start giving back to the people and community you serve--you'll live a happier life. We're all given a slim opportunity to make something of ourselves and, in the end, we aren't measured by how much wealth we've acquired but what we've done for our fellow man. The work is always going to be there but its the employees you've helped along the way that really matter.

It was a good place to work.

I worked at PNM Resources

ProsCompany takes care of you.
Good people to work with.
It's a public utility company.

ConsUnorganized.
Management was not to organized.

Good place to work in NM

Anonymous' (Current Employee)

I have been working at PNM Resources

ProsPretty good company in Albuquerque, since the opportunites for professional is not a lot here.

ConsIt depends on your goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementBasically, good work.

Not real happy

Hard Worker (Current Employee)

I have been working at PNM Resources

ProsThey pay me regularly and its a large company

ConsTheir pay scale is way under market, especially in Texas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to everyone, not NM first.

Weird Place - they hire people, pay them decent money then never give them the tools they need to really succeed.

I have been working at PNM Resources

Pros- decent to good pay
- decent to good benefits
- generally nice people but afraid for their jobs and afraid of upper level management

Cons- Management and especially upper level management can be very vindictive so need to watch what you say and what emails you write.
- CEO is widely disliked and feared by just about everybody I have met at the Company.
- an amazingly high percentage of employees are unhappy with the company. It really is stunning - I have yet to meet an employee that likes working at PNM Resources so morale isn't an issue because there is none.
- company's focus is on their next quarterly report - doesn't care about the quarterly report a year from now so no investment is made in anything till they absolutely have to then decisions are rushed so bad ones are made.
- they are heavy into outsourcing so people fear for their jobs. People constantly kid about being "impacted" - an euphemism that means your job has been outsourced
- many in mid-level management are folks that got there by breaking the Peter Principle so processes are frozen and change/improvement is difficult to make
- PNM R seems to be incapable of making decisions. They study things to death.
- not a place for someone who wants to grow in their career or learn new things.
- a depressing place if you like to solve problems and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to grow up and realize that it is about the long term not one, two or three months from now. They also need to understand that caprice and vindictiveness are no way to run a company.

Worked for PNM Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNM Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PNM Resources CEO Patricia K. (Pat) Vincent-Collawn. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by PNM Resources employees.