PNY Technologies

Gadi Cohen

Good Learning Experience

Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Associate Product Manager in Morristown, NJ

I worked at PNY Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Worked hard, challenging, rewarding and interesting

Cons

None that I can think of as senior management have been their for many years

None

Absolutely horrible.

Current Employee - MRO Buyer in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - MRO Buyer in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at PNY Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The warehouse personnel are good people. You don't have to worry about your car getting broken into in the company parking lot thanks to the abundantly excessive security department.

Cons

Management doesn't believe in a team environment, they act like they're at war with the employees, constantly pit employees against each other and remind you that you're replaceable at every opportunity. The office personnel walk around with their heads down and do not smile, acknowledge or say hi to anybody. The turnover is very high. HR's main function is to fire everyone so that they can constantly hire new people. The company's only motivational technique is to issue written warnings advising you that you're about to get fired. The worst part is having to listen to friends and family complain that the PNY product that they purchased was over priced and doesn't work. Seriously, stay away! They brag about manufacturing in the USA, but the product is manufactured in Asia and only packaged in the USA. Again, stay away!

Sell the company before it's too late.

You have to go through hell before you get to heaven

Former Employee - Legacy Employee - I Thought in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Legacy Employee - I Thought in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at PNY Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their salaries can be competitive and their medical plan is better than many. I can now say I have gone through hell so anything else will be heaven.

Cons

They just take from you - days off, benefits, your soul, you willingness to continue living. Seriously and take this one to the bank, it is the most demoralizing, beat down, frustrating, inconsiderate, toxic place to work !! If anybody tells you otherwise, they are an HR shill. Dead serious - stay away, sleep in the gutter with rats if you have to.

None - its too late

Worked conscientiously for them for 7 years only to be unconscionably let go with no regard to excellent job performance

Former Employee - Receptionist in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at PNY Technologies part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can't seem to think of one!

Cons

Employee turnover kings of the nation, termination with absolutely no memory of professional and loyal job performance, Jobseekers BEWARE!

You'd best reconsider what is tolerable or intolerable or you will continue to let valuable, professional employees go and be forevermore searching for replacements! HR admin., try to convince yourselves that you are NOT perfect infallible life forms as it is so blatantly apparent you think you ARE! Think again and come down off your high horse!

Good place to start your warehouse career.

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at PNY Technologies part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Once you are willing to work and give a 100% percent lots of opportunities will be opened up to you for advancement.

Cons

As an entry level worker you should be able to have your own transportation P N Y is tucked away from regular transport.

Employees transport should be considered.

Stay away from here

I worked at PNY Technologies

Pros

There is nothing good about this company, I have had many jobs but this was by far the worst.

Cons

The company is run by a bunch of execs that do everything for fear of owner. Worst HR department ever, works for the executives not for the employees like a real HR department.

Quit or retire

Awful

Current Employee - Doesn't Matter in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Doesn't Matter in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at PNY Technologies full-time

Pros

I've been here 2 weeks and can't find any pros

Cons

Micro manage heaven! They don't let you do the job you were hired to do. Blatant dishonesty in dealing with vendors

Everyday here is like an eternity, just fire me if you don't like me instead of belittling me every chance you get. You are NOT superior just in charge.

Operates in the shady zone between ethical/legal and not, due to the CEO

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at PNY Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As at all companies, there are a lot of good people trying to improve the business and implement good management and good activity to help the company progress and help employees learn & improve, despite the CEO's regime.

Cons

The CEO is a classic rule by decree founder/owner who some days wants to improve and get the company on the road to scaled success, but then the next he ignores his management and issues a decree which has everyone zipping up and inwardly shaking their heads. The middle and senior management who survives does so by knowing when to shut up and when they can exercise discretion, but after a few cycles those with principles and backbone will depart.
    The CEO's mercurial style can be endearing, but it's illusionary.
    Not a place to build a career, but great to build an ulcer.

Change the CEO

Excellent Company to work for!! Very Satisfied!! High Recommended!! A++

Current Employee - Sales in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at PNY Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at PNY for a while now and I am very happy with the way the company treats its employees, even felt a warm welcome from HR when I was hired. Very friendly atmosphere including all managers, VP and CEO. This is a company that has no layoffs and you can easily build a steady future here with your career. Company offers 100% matching 401k plan, Pension Plan, PTO, generous annual raises, bonuses and commission. You even get a gift from the company on your birthday! I also enjoy having lunch at the luxurious cafeteria. I work in sales and I find it very enjoyable to work in state-of-the-art offices they have. Everything is done in a timely matter. I look forward to enjoying many more years growing with this quality and comforting, rewarding company.

Cons

None at all. I feel very blessed to work here.

Management and Supervisors do a wonderful job taking care of it's employees. I recommend this company to anyone who wants to advance in their field and grow in a stable company. A++

Inconsistent

I have been working at PNY Technologies (more than 3 years)

Pros

Money is okay, people are nice.

Cons

They are constantly taking, no trust in employees, no morale, micro managing, no place to go in company, no work life balance, hours are terrible.

Trust why you hired your employees, let them do there job, too many chiefs

PNY Technologies Photos