PODS Reviews

Updated March 30, 2015
74 reviews filtered by
1.9
John Koch

Pros
  • The company hired a new VP for the call center, who is making come great changes to the environment (in 4 reviews)

• The pay for customer service is fair for the area in Clearwater (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A couple of the managers in the call center might need to go (in 11 reviews)

• Their idea of "providing world-class customer service is a joke (in 5 reviews)

1. Learned a lot

I worked at PODS

Pros

The people I worked with were very knowledgeable in their field. Willing to work together to get major projects moving.

Cons

The company was very demanding of your time. Unfortunately moving season is also the same time of year I enjoy taking time off.

Advice to Management

Some managers need to actually get out into the field so they understand the impact of their decisions. The VPs that do get to know the real world are a joy m to work for.

2. I love my job management is great, those who don't agree obliviously don't take constructive critique well.

Current Employee - Universal Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Universal Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like speaking to different clients, yes there ste some you just can't make happy. That is just part of the job anywhere you work. Moving is stressful, be patient, let them vent, and pray. I work from home and live my job.

Cons

Making customers happy, staying calm when they are not.

Advice to Management

None! You are awesome and fair.

3. Don't expect a career.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I worked at PODS (more than a year)

Pros

Easy job, sometimes it provides you that healthy challenge for certain situations. Pay is okay, bonuses are sometimes seen, and very busy during the summer. Plus they give you an employee discount if you want to rent a Pod.

Cons

Expect to work less than 30 hours a week if you're a full timer during the winter season, and maybe work one or two days a week if you're a part timer--business is slow. There is no set schedule, expect to be on call. The leadership are like those hypocrite politicians, saying that they will do everything for the best outcome for the employees , but that is entirely false. They do no care for drivers (the tip of the spear), they reject many requested days off; and expect to work every Saturday and some Holidays. They put people in charge that would actually be respected if they were placed behind a cash register. And you enter an environment of lots of back stabbing and unnecessary drama from MEN, almost like a soap opera.

Advice to Management

Lead by example.

5. Short-sighted operation

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at PODS full-time

Pros

Idea, brand strategy, some people, some benefits

Cons

short-term thinking, treatment of call center staff, lack of trust, work-life-balance

Advice to Management

A better people strategy is needed.

6. Profit over People

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The business is unique and PODS is the industry leader, great brand awareness, very profitable, room for overseas growth, untapped B2B opportunities

Cons

Very few strategic thinkers in positions of authority, no sense of customer service or convenience, too many silos in all departments, profit over people mentality, no sense of loyalty to employees, incentive plans for employees reduced, poor management and no leadership, call center is the worse managed I have ever experienced

Advice to Management

To CEO, keep the lawyers and CFO, fire all VPs, SVPs, and call center managers, hire people that understand and have empathy for the employees, don't place focus on profits over YOUR people, keep all promises to customers, pay comparable wages, do not ruin the PODS name and brand by not becoming a great place to work and a great partner to do business with.

7. The harder you work the lesser the reward

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and VP making good changes. Good people. Company has a lot of potentials to be great but unless you're in sales you're a nobody

Cons

VP doesn't see how some managers act towards their agents and supervisors. Little opportunity for advancement. Need better supervisors only a hand full of good ones in there.

Advice to Management

Treat better the hard working ones and don't be blind to unfairness.

8. I work in the sales dept.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Leads and the co-workers I work with for the last several months.

Cons

Extreme micro mgmt, subjective criticism, unworthy feeling, big boys club, scamming, non disclosure of full price, demographics aimed toward elders, horrible mgmt lies and deception. This office is run by bullies from top to bottom...the revolving door keeps revolving and I've see why the reviews are so low.it's very true. Some folks are happy here because they have no clue how they should be treated. I feel sorry for those who are left behind. The manner in which you are being treated is less worthy of my dog. My dog gets to go to relieve himself when necessary and his family gives him valuable appreciation for doing his job at guarding the home.

Advice to Management

No advice, happy to be leaving and turning in my resignation along with several co workers, we know that from experience we are all disposable and replacing us is only a phone call away so we chose to leave with pride and no back lash.

9. Pods Phoenix, was a joke. Management didn't show up for work, didn't do there job. Didn't pay what I worked.

Former Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PODS

Pros

Nothing is better! Rather be on the street living in cardboard box then have to work here.

Cons

Having customer see in motion, was great to see.

Advice to Management

Do your job.

It was okay but I wouldn't recommend it

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS

Pros

You meet many people and the pay is decent and the hours are pretty much set either morning or afternoon and your days off change every week .good health benefits and coverage only if ur a full time employee

Cons

Horrible management very unorganized and most of them don't even know their own polices and getting days off and switching shifts is always a hassle also it doesn't matter what the reason is for missing a day it counts against you. It's also very stressful dealing with people non stop complaining on the phones and you only get a 30 min lunch and 2-15 min breaks if ur a full time employee. It's all about who likes who and who kisses up to the upper management

Advice to Management

Tighten up and get better supervisor who know what they are actually doing and retrain them on your policies

Makes you sick to your stomach coming there.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Climate controlled environment. Good product to sell.

Cons

This place is not family friendly at all. The hardest workers in that office are the sales staff and they treat us as if we are nothing. You are treated like children. You are constantly being monitored, watched, and reviewed on your performance daily. The supervisors there are not trained to assist you because half of them have no clue how to help you do your job. The only thing they are trained to do is generate reports so that they have the means of writing you up. Sales calls that come in are gated for specific agents to take and depending on who you know and what butt you kiss, you will get the better calls. Well with all of the complaints why don't I leave? Trust me, I am actively pursuing other opportunities and if I don't get fired first for something stupid, as they do at this company, I am out of here. One thing I have learned about this awful place is that before I take any other job offers, I will look at the reviews and hear what the workers have to say about the company. Wish I knew this place was like this before otherwise I would've looked the other way. If I didn't have other mouths to feed I would leave and work at McDonalds. They treat you better.

Advice to Management

My advice doesn't matter because you are the old school corporate america. You don't care about the very people who are feeding you, paying your bills, allowing you to enjoy the lifestyle you live which is your sales staff and the customers who buy from them.

PODS Photos