PODS Reviews

John Koch

Good Company

Former Employee - Universal Sales Consultant  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Universal Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training, decent pay, I was fortunate enough to have a great supervisor, who gave great feedback and coaching.

Cons

Work most holidays and weekends, not an enormous opportunity for growth, very strict adherence to metrics in sales.

A job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Non stop call after call for hours at a time.

None

If you have ANY other options....DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time for less than a year

Pros

$10/hr
    A/C in building (however kind of cold for some)

Cons

They will fire roughly 95% of the people they hire before the first major sales commission check then not pay by calling it a "bonus"
    mandatory overtime
    gustapo-like schedule adherence (the most important thing to the company)

treat people the way you would like to be treated (the golden rule)
    get new software
    for sanity and performance, give more time between calls to allow wrapup and the ridiculous documentation that you require

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fails all of its employees especially Drivers

Current Employee - Delivery Driver  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PODS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of work
    Local runs in the county

Cons

Low pay in San Diego. Doesn't maintain vehicles, offices or warehouse. Expects drivers to risk their license driving vehicles that should be out of service. Management doesn't listen and doesn't know the law or chooses to ignore them. I made it two weeks before realizing. They only pay $14/hr. Not enough to risk your license. Ask employees to pay into a pot because company can't take care of its employees. Cuts pay when it feels like it. Would rather be taken to ED than fix the company. Risk of losing license is great because of management.

Listen to employees
    Train everyone on California laws
    change management
    Maintain equipment
    pay the going rate

A down hill spiral

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of overtime, advancement opportunites, decent base pay.

Cons

It saddens me to have to write a poor review for this company because not 6 months ago I was singing it's praises. Not only did they take a borderline impossible attendance policy and make it harder they also cut our bonus by more than half. The company is definately not going broke with 100 mile moves costing in the thousands so I don't get it. I feel like they are trying to anger us, trying to see just how far they can push. They give PTO and floating holidays but then deny requests "due to business needs" all the time, it doesn't matter how far in advance you ask if it isn't December you aren't going anywhere. By the time it is said and done I will have the whole month of December off paid so maybe I will get happy then. I could go on and on but I will just say that my awesome job has turned to crap since December

Fire the new guy. He made some terrible decisions that have made for some extremely unhappy employees. Cutting the pay of your good employees to make room for the mediocre ones to get paid is a horrible logic. And for god's sake have ACTUAL supervisors answer the supervisor phone. Please, Im begging. Calling a supe line and getting an agent who has been here less time than I and having to explain why they are wrong is so frustrating I can't even explain. I would love to not have to call 8 times to get a discount above 10% "Oh jee, sorry I only have the same ability as you if not less. Better luck next time is not a response I need to hear.

Change is taking place

Current Employee - Sales  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time for less than a year

Pros

PODS is growing. The company hired a new VP for the call center, who is making come great changes to the environment. Also hired a new training director...!Company had a record years in 2013 and from what I hear, we are ahead of our plan for this year. I know that the commission plan changed, but the company continues to do the right thing when it comes to making sure that we get paid from our sales and meeting our goals. For the most part the supervisors are there for us and offer as much help as we need to meet our goals.

Cons

There is a lot of shifting in the pay plan, seems like we are making adjustments, but I hear they are good. A lot of pressure is placed on everyone to meet sales goals. A couple of the managers in the call center might need to go... Facilities need to be updated, but they are working on them now.

Keep doing what you are doing to make the call center a better place to work. Actually listen to us, we do have some good ideas...

Worst experiance ever

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some supervisors are getting better but senior managers are totally unaware of how hard we work

Cons

Managers don't care about the workers. They only care about impossible goals and keep us on the phones without giving us breaks to go to the bathroom. The pressure to produce doesn't ever stop and the pay and benefits aren't enough to make it worth it. Senior management is clueless.

Stop planting positive reviews because they sound fake and no one I know believes them.

Some things never change

Former Employee - Sales  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at PODS as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Ha! Well, I did meet a good friend.

Cons

Just compare some of the negative reviews from 2011/2012 to current negative reviews. They are the same! I can't believe it. Similar, even down to the bathroom breaks. Don't believe any claims that changes are coming...unless they've done something drastic and sold the company or went public. Seasonal staff don't finish their assignment...they get fired for some other reason initiated by management, probably so they won't have to pay unemployment benefits. They come on here and try to blame the employee for being disgruntled. They try to come on here and say the disgruntled employee is not cut-out for sales, instead of reviewing their own processes. Classic bad management. Most of your employees should not fail. Sales should not be "cut-throat" which actually means murderer. Sales should be competitive and challenging, yet achieveable with skill. Many of the seasonal staff that came on with me, including myself, have now moved on to permanent fulfilling jobs in sales and elsewhere. We agree that we should have skipped this PODS opportunity (if you want to call it that) all together.

Change your dirty business practices.

Stressful...

Former Employee - Universal Sales Consultant  in  Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Universal Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice checks, friendly coworkers, good commission, helpful, determined, great for those good at sales, great training, supportive, ability to move up in the company, steady hours.

Cons

Long distance is extremely hard to sell, cannot stay in local moves, was very difficult to hit all points while keeping the client in a good mood, the sales goals for long distance is outrageous.

I would make it to where some people are able to stay in local if they are doing really well in it.

They're not sure where they're going...

I have been working at PODS

Pros

Unique product - should be easy to sell

Cons

Inconsistent leadership! Especially the SVP's and up....

Worked for PODS? Contribute to the Community!