POSSIBLE

POSSIBLE Reviews

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015

Shane Atchison

Pros
  • The office culture is fantastic with a supportive nature and excellent work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• I thought there were some very smart people within the organization (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is not what they tell you it is (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of leadership from the top (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, hard to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Seattle, WA

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, really friendly people, extremely flexible in terms of hours. Working from home on occasion is a great plus. Heavy emphasis on a work life balance...

Cons

The promotion/raise process is opaque as all hell. The process makes career and financial planning impossible. The flatness of the organization is great from a culture standpoint; you never feel that someone is "above" you per se. But, from a growth standpoint, it's frustrating to not have a clear avenue for growth. Work-life balance is becoming a bit of a lip-service; many of us are working longer hours than ever, despite the sentiment coming from the top that we're doing better than we ever have.

Make a conscious, transparent effort to make career paths less obscure. I'm tired of hearing from my colleagues "If you want to make more money or get a promotion, you have to leave and come back." That's ridiculous. We work hard, and you recognize that verbally. Most of us don't need to be in the top 10% of salaries in Seattle, but it would be nice to know what we're working towards...

One of the best agencies in town

Former Employee - Associate Director, Marketing Sciences in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Director, Marketing Sciences in Seattle, WA

I worked at POSSIBLE

Pros

POSSIBLE was home for me for four years. Four years where I could be myself, help solve big problems with extremely supportive and competent team members and grow in my career.

Cons

During the time I was there the company went global. This is not necessarily a con, other than transition takes time and requires patience. That will all shake out with the clear vision and leadership plan and solid communication, which POSSIBLE values.

Keep communication paths open throughout the company. Acknowledge amazing talent and hard workers when you see it and keep them engaged. Keep that company culture as long as possible. Work hard, play hard.

Good Place to Work, but Room for Improvement

I worked at POSSIBLE full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment.
    Collaborative work environment.

Cons

Salaries are on the low end for some disciplines.
    Room for career growth is minimal unless you want to go into management.

Listen to employees concerns feedback & actively work with employees to make change.
    Offer training & education opportunities (some departments are better at this than others).

My Favorite Employer So Far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time

Pros

Most fun and most asshole-free workplace I've ever encountered. Great energy, great opportunities, and lots of support. Company puts a lot of effort into communication, from dorky everyday stuff to enterprise-wide values and ambitions. There are some major perks to working here, such as dogs in the workplace, and our own bar.

Cons

Lots of change and turnover. The growth has been exciting, but chaotic. The philosophy and vision seem to be in constant development, and change is not managed very well, internally. While the company has great benefits, they manage salary discussions and annual reviews very poorly.

Be transparent about how raises and promotions are distributed, and how they can be earned. Don't go through a drawn-out, formal review process unless there is a defined outcome. In the face of high turnover, value the folks who've stuck around.

Poor Direction, Execution, Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Major clients who understand marketing and can push your thinking
    Smart teams of hard working people
    Good place for junior level people to learn the ropes
    Flexible management, hours, etc.

Cons

Very few real career paths exist, making it hard/impossible for those who aren't in the inner circle to advance.
    Leadership is fairly absent and numbers of senior leaders and middle management have dwindled considerably.
    The company has been consistently losing good people for the past 3 years and not adequately replacing them with quality or quantity.
    Pay is well below market value, and managers will promise raises and promotions yet be unable to deliver upon them 6-12 months in the future.

If you're going to submit the company for a "Best Places To Work" award, ensure that the great perks that you flaunt are available in all of the offices. The pet policy, in house bar, and $600 wellness policy must be amazing for Seattle employees, unfortunately none of those things exist in Cincinnati.
    (see Ad Age's 2014 Best Places To Work write-up)

This is a microcosm for how the company works. Seattle employees get 6 week sabbaticals for every 10 years they've spent at the company, Cincinnati employees might get a thank you.

Started out great, but turned out to be worst place I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at POSSIBLE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some interesting work, good creative, smart people in Marketing Sciences group and Creative group.

Cons

The CEO " leads" by ghost-written articles and company emails, and by hiring people who cover for his drunk exploits.
    He has a horrible temper, and chooses favorites and scapegoats.
    If you work in proximity to him, you'd better hope you have "earned" being a favorite and are willing to do what it takes to remain one - look the other way when he makes sexist remarks, blows thousands on booze and other activities best left unsaid, and has other people write his "thought leadership" pieces.
    Much of the company culture revolves around this type of dysfunction.

Walk your talk, be accountable, and try to remain sober long enough to do so.

Great culture, no room to grow

Former Employee - Strategic Planner in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Strategic Planner in Seattle, WA

I worked at POSSIBLE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed most of my time there. I was placed on a lot of accounts and had a lot of support from the rest of the team.

Cons

It was hard to move up. I worked an average of 60 hours a week but could never feel like adding the extra hours to my time card. The pay didn't seem to equate to the amount of work we did.

Definitely worth considering

Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally POSSIBLE has good leadership. Reasonable and intelligent people trying to do the right thing, and getting it right much of the time. They also have a knack for hiring solid people.

Cons

It's a little slow-moving for an agency, in terms of execution on a number of fronts - hiring, equipment, investing in education and new service areas. They're also slow to remove under-performing senior people in key positions, which exerts a drag on progress in a number of ways.

Good internship experience, company structure is very flat.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at POSSIBLE as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Free bakery, snack, fruit, coffee anytime.
    Culture is very creative agency.
    Have training by CEO, CFO, lead in each department for new hire.

Cons

A little bit like high school, have to be very outgoing.
    Could be very busy when having more than one project going on at the same time.

90 Days in

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very community oriented atmosphere. Lots of activities if you want to participate. The people are very friendly and my team especially. If you want to be social, you can, but you're not shunned if you don't. If you set boundaries for work/life balance, they are respected! Open and honest environment where it doesn't feel like you can't be yourself. And Puppy dogs!

Cons

Training is great, but it only happens quarterly.

Keep trying to make sure the old Zaaz atmosphere is maintained as well as marching toward the future of the new company.