POSSIBLE Reviews

Updated August 9, 2014
Updated August 9, 2014

2.9

Shane Atchison

Pros
  • The culture is great and there is a lot of emphasis on work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• I thought there were some very smart people within the organization (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is not what they tell you it is (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of leadership from the top (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Tremendous opportunity to design cutting age interfaces, with great people in an almost family environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

POSSIBLE certainly has helped be grow my career. The office culture is fantastic with a supportive nature and excellent work life balance. In addition, it is a best in class cutting edge office for designing product focused digital interfaces.

Cons

Question leadership's ability to — within the WPP holding company atmosphere — to take that next step and a top industry influencer. Unfortunately, despite the great atmosphere the compensation measured against competitors is problemeatic

Great Learning Opportunity

Former Employee - Senior Digital Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Digital Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at POSSIBLE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of freedom.
    Access to management.
    Transparent leadership.
    Collaborative atmosphere.
    Culture of curiosity.
    Focus on development of employee skills and fostering open flow of communication.

Cons

Work can be very, very hectic with a seeming lack of balance in workloads among team members.
    Occasionally, internal politics can slow down progress on projects.

Keep up the emphasis on culture.

Mixed bag with leadership like a fraternity

Current Employee - Project Management  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are talented, smart, fun, ambitious people here, and some of them are very caring, quality people who want to make a difference.
    They aspire to create a good culture.

Cons

Like some of the other reviews said, it really depends on who you are "in" with here on how well you'll get ahead. In that way, it feels quite like a boy's club.
    The CEO and many of of the Sr. execs party really hard, and if you party with them and they like you, you're good.
    There's also a lack of accountability and ownership from some of the most Sr. people, while the other ones seem to be covering for them, for whatever reason.

Drinking does not equal culture. Grow up.
    Practice what you preach, follow processes and treat everyone with respect.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Team, but low pay

Former Employee - Project Management  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Project Management in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at POSSIBLE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with some really smart people and getting some cool/innovative work done.
    Culture used to be great, but culture isn't everything...they are flexible, if you need to, you can work from home, but they are more flexible with some, than with others. If it get's to the point where a middle-management manager works from home more, than from the office and you never see and email OR get a response that should probably be brought to said managers attention and be remedied.

Cons

Raises or promotions do not depend on the work you do, they depend on who you (or your manager) are "friends" with. You can work your behind off, to make everything work smoothly and still not be recognized for it! In my case, when finally someone did and I was recommended for a promotion, they had lay-offs a few weeks later. Naturally being laid off was not personal, but all of a sudden the "assets" become "numbers"... while I understand they need to make cuts to be profitable, but they let some of their best talent go in the last round of layoffs, based on numbers and not on smart descisions as to who makes the ship sail and who doesn't. If you are new to the business it's a good place to make experiences and connections. If you have experience, pay is too low and a work-life balance is hard to achieve, even with decent PTO and closing the office between xmas and the New Year!

Promotions should not depend on who you know, they should be based on how hard you work! If you expect regular employees to respond when working from home, so should managers! Your flexibility is great, but shouldn't just apply to your favorite ppl. Your talent group is a joke and your managers are biased towards their favourite ppl, which are not necessarily the one's that work hard and I am not sure that partying hard will help you win clients!

It's nice to enjoy coming to work everyday.

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is by far the best place I have worked in my career. There are always mixed experiences with any employer and working at POSSIBLE is what you make of it. If you are just looking for a big paycheck and a 9-5 job then there are places that cater to that - but POSSIBLE is different, in a good way. Work/Life balance in my experience has been a focus by my manager personally and something that I am allowed to have.

It's really about culture and building relationships and doing great work. It is a work hard, play hard environment and it really works well for me personally. I think enjoying where you go to work everyday is a sign that you are at the right place - and for me it's more like a second home.

I consider many of my co-workers friends and feel like they have my back both professionally and personally.

Other pros: Dog friendly, can work remotely if you need to, smart-ass people to learn from, lots of training opportunity.

Cons

The only con I really see is within professional growth. It's the type of company I'd love to stay at long term but there is a ceiling in terms of roles and pay which forces some to leave eventually. Hoping that more opportunity for growth arises as the company grows in the future.

Pay and advancement opportunities will cause turnover - not entirely convinced limitations are coming down from corporate and would like more open communication around how far as an employee we can all go.

Things are looking better

Current Employee - Art Director  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Art Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, clients, smart people, hidden talent.

Cons

Politics, hours, location, not much else.

Things are looking better after a few years of tough times. New President and ECD are doing a great job. Getting in front of exciting new client opportunities.

Best place I've worked.

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love coming to work every day - I feel supported by my team and have built some very genuine friendships with my colleagues. The caliber of personnel who works here, at least in the Seattle office, is better than any place I've worked.

The flexible work environment is my favorite perk - my time is not micro-managed, but instead I'm given the freedom to get my work done in the time/place that is most efficient for my personal work style and for that I feel inherently accountable to the company to do my best work. It's a win-win.

There is so much creative freedom to plan and kickstart new initiatives, events, etc. Have a great idea? There will guaranteed be other people to get excited with you and make it work.

I've been here for two years, and can honestly say that I plan to make it at least to my five-year mark. BTW, you get a three-week paid sabbatical at five years! Already planning for it.

Cons

Fast-paced - I happen to love the fast pace, but it can be overwhelming if it's not not your thing. If you're not amenable to constantly changing deadlines and multi-tasking, this probably isn't the right fit for you.

IT - they seem stingy with the hardware and it feels like a constant battle with them to get the support we need to be efficient in our jobs.

A broader investment in IT and technology overall would go a long way to improve morale.

Consider implementing a paternity policy along with our maternity policy - it's a really progressive move that would set us apart from the masses, helping improve talent retention and recruiting.

Work hard & play hard

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Incredibly smart & passionate people who work hard for our clients, and really care for each other. You have a chance to bring new ideas to clients or the agency. People work hard to live by - and make the values real. Amazing focus on culture & values. Managers stay focused on what's right for our clients, people & business. (In the agency world, this can be tricky.) Fabulous flexible work environment that is "life-friendly" when you have things outside of work that need your focus. There's a variety of ways to grow - and connect with those you work with (ex. brown bags, give back to community, staff meetings, parties, and external trainings).

Cons

Organic growth and structure needs a self-motivated (entrepreneur) person to thrive in it. Career progression is on the individual (there's more options now that we're part of a larger 1200+global agency & more global clients). Working with global or Fortune500 can challenge the values. Fast-pace environment means you need to self-manage and ask for support when needed.

Continue to be accessible and approachable. Share progress against vision & goals. Re-evaluate and consider your overall comp plan, including benefits so they stay current & relevant for individual/family needs. (ex. pat/mat leave)

Awesome place to work with smart, fun and creative people

I have been working at POSSIBLE

Pros

- Smart, down to earth and genuine people
    - Endless opportunities to get involved on client and internal projects. It's about putting yourself out there, having a great attitude and keen to learn.
    - Fun and social culture. I love that we hold socials to support local businesses and raise money for people less fortunate.
    - Dog policy, sabbaticals, knowledge sharing sessions, free drinks, food, monthly hero awards etc
    - You can move around clients, department and locations

Cons

- Never enough time! Things move so quickly and change so if you like a corporate environment this isn't the right job for you.
    - Lack of process can be challenging, you need to be able to solve problems, think on your feet and not be afraid to make decisions.
    - More feedback and direction-the annual reviews aren't enough.
    - Growing so quickly which means the management have zero time to get process in place.

- Do more of less. It feels like we are always introducing new programs, departments before we've excelled in our core areas.
    - Be honest. We can handle the truth.
    - Please fix things that bug us. No intranet, worst timesheet tool, resourcing, IT

A growing company that feels a bit like high school

I have been working at POSSIBLE full-time

Pros

There are some really great people working here. You can have some flexibility with your schedule. They provide snacks and bus passes.

Cons

Pay is low and you have to pay a high premium for your health insurance. Advancement opportunities and raises are generally limited to the "in crowd" and not often based on hard work or experience. If you know the right people and like to drink and party you will do well here. If you don't want to drink and party you will probably stay stuck in your position at a low salary.

Spend less time planning and hyping the next party and more time getting to know and develop your employees. Pay better and offer more opportunities for advancement and development.

Worked for POSSIBLE? Contribute to the Community!