PPC

2.0

PPC President & CEO Harry C. Thornsvard
Harry C. Thornsvard

22 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great place to work, but had some growing pains

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, and mostly surrounded by people who are engaged in their work. Very knowledgeable staff who will help you learn anything you're ambitious towards.

Cons

Multiple company sales and restructuring took a toll on the friendly, small-business feel of the company. Loss of several big contracts forced the restructuring of some of the business groups.

Great job, but the company was really struggling. That lack of focus was pervasive.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The interaction with the people was a lot of fun. I had as much latitude to do what I wanted to get done, and a felt that I got a number of things accomplished. In that regard I had a great job.

Cons

Unfortunately, management really didn't seem that interested in security. While I knew that I was getting things done, I never got feedback about my work, or the direction in which I was taking some things. Ultimately, my position was eliminated along with a number of other people when the company was sold.

I hope the current crop of managers actually pays attention to some of the security issues that plagued the previous team.

Lots of problems

Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Pretty good times if enough clients are coming in.

Cons

Purchased for the third time in like five years. I was downsized the same time our vice president was. Outlook is not very good.

Do not hire more staff until you know you have enough clients to keep them afloat.

Dying company, stay away

Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good work/life balance

Cons

No buy in from senior management. Problems growing faster than resolution.

Communication is key

Good experience for a short term, but long-term issues

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities for client experience. Nice people to work with. Was part of the AEG group when I worked there, which seemed to have problems, but now has been spun off, so it should be more focused on its core business. A good place for recent college grads.

Cons

High turnover, especially among the project managers, made it difficult to build working relationships. Some project managers did not know enough technically about the services we were providing. Mid-level managers, directors, had been promoted from within, and lack personnel management training. Different consulting group specialty areas don't communicate or cooperate much with each other.

Need to foster communication and cooperation among different consulting departments and sectors. (That will also promote sales.) Those promoted into supervisory positions need to take training on personnel management if they never managed people before.

Stay away from this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time

Pros

I loved PPC when I first joined, but not what it has become.

Cons

After the purchase by AEA, PPCs core values and its "niceness" went by the wayside. After the acquisition, many good people and dear friends were laid off or left in disgust. AEA's financial troubles caused it to sell off the pieces. In preparation for PPC's sale, there was a another bloodbath of layoffs, including sales, IT, and senior management.

It's too late. The new management will be rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic.

Red flags from the beginning

Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

25 cent items in the snack machines. Headquarters in McLean is in a nice facility. Can't think of anything else nice to say.

Cons

Management engages in secrecy and downright trickery...I never knew what was going on. Working for a consulting firm, I was surprised how little human interaction I got during the day. PPC isn't winning any new work, and I'm not surprised, considering the way I was treated. Benefits package is almost worthless.

Company is on a free-fall

Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

25 cent snacks/drinks in snack machines

Cons

Company lost it's soul and is on a free fall after it was acquired by AEA.

Raise salaries, stay in touch with employees, win new contracts so that existing employees can keep their jobs.

Great work environment, great people.

I worked at PPC

Pros

I loved the building and the people in it. Company events were fun when I went to them, and the work environment was generally relaxed. On my first day, I wore a tie and got several comments about how it wasn't necessary, even from the CEO at the time.

Cons

I felt like I had a lack of solid feedback about my job performance on a regular basis. The review process also seemed to not follow a regular schedule.

I do not have much feedback for the management of Project Performance Corp. A little more transparency would have been nice.

Started great, ended grim

Former Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC

Pros

Pre-acquisition: Great work/life balance, employees were greatest asset, game room, positive attitude of peers, high importance and involvement with community service, enthusiastic and highly competent leadership.
    Post-acquisition: None that I can think of.

Cons

Pre-acquisition: Imbalanced pay grades, no bonuses, room for growth was limited.
    Post-acquisition: Incompetent senior management, work/life balance was way off, low employee morale, negative overall atmosphere, very poor communications from top down, emphasis on numbers instead of people.

PLEASE go back to making your employees your greatest asset! Without them, the company is going to continue to go into a dangerous downward spiral. Turning PEOPLE and SERVICES into "differentiators" has not worked well with any other corporation, what makes you think it'll work here? LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND REWARD THEM FOR THE HARD WORK THEY PUT IN!!!!

PPC Photos