PPC
www.ppc.com McLean, VA 150 to 499 Employees

PPC Reviews in McLean, VA

Updated Jun 9, 2014
PPC – McLean – “Annual Turkey Drive”

PPC President & CEO Harry C. Thornsvard

Harry C. Thornsvard

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work, but had some growing pains

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsFriendly co-workers, and mostly surrounded by people who are engaged in their work. Very knowledgeable staff who will help you learn anything you're ambitious towards.

ConsMultiple company sales and restructuring took a toll on the friendly, small-business feel of the company. Loss of several big contracts forced the restructuring of some of the business groups.

Great job, but the company was really struggling. That lack of focus was pervasive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsThe interaction with the people was a lot of fun. I had as much latitude to do what I wanted to get done, and a felt that I got a number of things accomplished. In that regard I had a great job.

ConsUnfortunately, management really didn't seem that interested in security. While I knew that I was getting things done, I never got feedback about my work, or the direction in which I was taking some things. Ultimately, my position was eliminated along with a number of other people when the company was sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope the current crop of managers actually pays attention to some of the security issues that plagued the previous team.

Lots of problems

Analyst (Current Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsGood salary and benefits. Pretty good times if enough clients are coming in.

ConsPurchased for the third time in like five years. I was downsized the same time our vice president was. Outlook is not very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire more staff until you know you have enough clients to keep them afloat.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dying company, stay away

Manager (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsFlexible work schedule, good work/life balance

ConsNo buy in from senior management. Problems growing faster than resolution.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key

Good experience for a short term, but long-term issues

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsGood opportunities for client experience. Nice people to work with. Was part of the AEG group when I worked there, which seemed to have problems, but now has been spun off, so it should be more focused on its core business. A good place for recent college grads.

ConsHigh turnover, especially among the project managers, made it difficult to build working relationships. Some project managers did not know enough technically about the services we were providing. Mid-level managers, directors, had been promoted from within, and lack personnel management training. Different consulting group specialty areas don't communicate or cooperate much with each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to foster communication and cooperation among different consulting departments and sectors. (That will also promote sales.) Those promoted into supervisory positions need to take training on personnel management if they never managed people before.

Stay away from this company

McLean, VA

ProsI loved PPC when I first joined, but not what it has become.

ConsAfter the purchase by AEA, PPCs core values and its "niceness" went by the wayside. After the acquisition, many good people and dear friends were laid off or left in disgust. AEA's financial troubles caused it to sell off the pieces. In preparation for PPC's sale, there was a another bloodbath of layoffs, including sales, IT, and senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too late. The new management will be rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic.

Red flags from the beginning

Associate (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

Pros25 cent items in the snack machines. Headquarters in McLean is in a nice facility. Can't think of anything else nice to say.

ConsManagement engages in secrecy and downright trickery...I never knew what was going on. Working for a consulting firm, I was surprised how little human interaction I got during the day. PPC isn't winning any new work, and I'm not surprised, considering the way I was treated. Benefits package is almost worthless.

Company is on a free-fall

Analyst (Current Employee)

Pros25 cent snacks/drinks in snack machines

ConsCompany lost it's soul and is on a free fall after it was acquired by AEA.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise salaries, stay in touch with employees, win new contracts so that existing employees can keep their jobs.

Great work environment, great people.

Associate (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsI loved the building and the people in it. Company events were fun when I went to them, and the work environment was generally relaxed. On my first day, I wore a tie and got several comments about how it wasn't necessary, even from the CEO at the time.

ConsI felt like I had a lack of solid feedback about my job performance on a regular basis. The review process also seemed to not follow a regular schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have much feedback for the management of Project Performance Corp. A little more transparency would have been nice.

Started great, ended grim

Analyst (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

ProsPre-acquisition: Great work/life balance, employees were greatest asset, game room, positive attitude of peers, high importance and involvement with community service, enthusiastic and highly competent leadership.
    Post-acquisition: None that I can think of.

ConsPre-acquisition: Imbalanced pay grades, no bonuses, room for growth was limited.
    Post-acquisition: Incompetent senior management, work/life balance was way off, low employee morale, negative overall atmosphere, very poor communications from top down, emphasis on numbers instead of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE go back to making your employees your greatest asset! Without them, the company is going to continue to go into a dangerous downward spiral. Turning PEOPLE and SERVICES into "differentiators" has not worked well with any other corporation, what makes you think it'll work here? LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND REWARD THEM FOR THE HARD WORK THEY PUT IN!!!!

Worked for PPC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PPC reviews and ratings in McLean, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PPC CEO Harry C. Thornsvard. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by PPC employees.