PPC Reviews

PPC President and CEO Paul Strasser
Paul Strasser

1. General Office Clerk

I have been working at PPC full-time

Pros

A very good work environment. It is very busy and the staff is concerned about providing quality customer service to the general public.

Cons

The management should provide the staff with more training and communicate more.

2. Tech

Pros

Flexible hours, low stress most of the time

Cons

hours vary depending on the month

3. Company was downsizing while I worked there. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

company activities, lots of bright young minds

Cons

starting salary was too low.

5. A picture of managerial incompetence

I worked at PPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people still work there who are fighting to keep the company and contracts alive. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

The management is faltering under its own weight and staggering level of incompetence. Contracts are drying up faster than people are leaving the company (which is an alarming rate). The management to worker ratio has been way off balance for a long time. They never offered competitive wages for entry level workers and survived on desperate college graduates to get their work done to a sub-par standard.

Great place to work, but had some growing pains

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, and mostly surrounded by people who are engaged in their work. Very knowledgeable staff who will help you learn anything you're ambitious towards.

Cons

Multiple company sales and restructuring took a toll on the friendly, small-business feel of the company. Loss of several big contracts forced the restructuring of some of the business groups.

Great employees and friendly environment. Executive team is untrustworthy and incompetent.

I have been working at PPC full-time

Pros

95% of the employees are great people and I consider friends.

Cons

The executive team is untrustworthy. You may think you are adding value to the organization and the executive team will tell you, you are safe from lay offs. Then out of nowhere they will lay you off. Employees are in shock as to how the executive team still has their jobs. They have lost contracts because of poor performance, they haven't won any new business in years.

Advice to Management

Self reflection! Keep the employees that add value and cut the ones that have cost the organization money. Common sense!

Great job, but the company was really struggling. That lack of focus was pervasive.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interaction with the people was a lot of fun. I had as much latitude to do what I wanted to get done, and a felt that I got a number of things accomplished. In that regard I had a great job.

Cons

Unfortunately, management really didn't seem that interested in security. While I knew that I was getting things done, I never got feedback about my work, or the direction in which I was taking some things. Ultimately, my position was eliminated along with a number of other people when the company was sold.

Advice to Management

I hope the current crop of managers actually pays attention to some of the security issues that plagued the previous team.

9. Good company with potential

Pros

Good experience and quality people

Cons

Workload per person causes extra stress

Lots of problems

Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Pretty good times if enough clients are coming in.

Cons

Purchased for the third time in like five years. I was downsized the same time our vice president was. Outlook is not very good.

Advice to Management

Do not hire more staff until you know you have enough clients to keep them afloat.

Company Dying a Slow Death

I worked at PPC full-time

Pros

I worked at PPC for many years. In the first part of my employment the company had a very employee friendly culture and had a more egalitarian approach to sharing the companies success as most good employees were rewarded with bonuses. Things were far from perfect but I appreciated the flexibility the company offered. The egalitarian culture changed with time but it was still a good place to work until the sale to AEA in 2008.

Cons

When the company was sold to AEA it placed great cash demands on PPC which limited the reward given to employees and created significant issues with paying the company's obligations. The culture of the company changed, good people left, and the company experienced significant fiscal hardship. The company experienced another sale in 2013 and the problems have gotten worse. Along with the fiscal problems and layoffs, the company appears to be blind to the massive incompetence it has in its senior management. This company is dying a slow death.

Advice to Management

Either take a hard look and shake up the senior management or just cash in your chips

RSS Feed </> Embed