PPC Reviews

Stepping stone at most

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at PPC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer decent salaries. If you are a self-starter and seem like you know what you are talking about, you have ability to be creative and put your stamp on projects. Provides a good stepping stone - but not a long term career.

Cons

The mindset of 100% billability is unrealistic. The company acts like a big player, but without the experience or clout. Until pointed out and questioned, HR sneakily tried to do away same-sex partner benefits.

The best company culture I ever experienced in the beginning, then two sales that changed it forever

I worked at PPC full-time

Pros

Big enough to learn and grow your career but no so big that you are just a number. Amazing culture under prior CEO's, albeit the company was still learning its way and making its fair amount of mistakes they were in it and helped to ride out tough times.

Cons

Too many to list. Layoffs, not enough diversity in management (women or minorities) and less than professional business practices. While layoffs will happen, some just didn't make sense. Layoffs were followed by the need to replace resources within months, didn't seem well thought out.

Invest in rebuilding the company culture, stabilize and stop trying to be a jack of all trades. Look at the senior managers and when layoff decisions need to be made, look there first.

You'll go far if you're part of the "inner guy circle"

I worked at PPC

Pros

Enjoyed working with some coworkers.

Cons

The "good-old-boy" style of management isn't exactly ethical.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall not a bad experience

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at PPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment, friendly staff

Cons

Career stagnation, poor planning by management

Dying company, stay away

Former Employee - Manager  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good work/life balance

Cons

No buy in from senior management. Problems growing faster than resolution.

Communication is key

Good experience for a short term, but long-term issues

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunities for client experience. Nice people to work with. Was part of the AEG group when I worked there, which seemed to have problems, but now has been spun off, so it should be more focused on its core business. A good place for recent college grads.

Cons

High turnover, especially among the project managers, made it difficult to build working relationships. Some project managers did not know enough technically about the services we were providing. Mid-level managers, directors, had been promoted from within, and lack personnel management training. Different consulting group specialty areas don't communicate or cooperate much with each other.

Need to foster communication and cooperation among different consulting departments and sectors. (That will also promote sales.) Those promoted into supervisory positions need to take training on personnel management if they never managed people before.

Time Will Tell

I have been working at PPC full-time

Pros

New corporate ownership and CEO that are committed to developing synergy among the different operational divisions. Re-emergence, albeit slow, of corporate cultural attitudes that are essential to the success of modern consulting organizations.

Cons

Still too top heavy in over-compensated VPs and Directors, particularly ones that are carry overs from the former ownership management fiasco, and who are not adding value or strategic vision to the business or willing to break down organizational barriers. Still losing key technical staff who had good organizational (internal) and client (external) institutional knowledge and rapport.

Stay on the path you have set, but consider more nipping and tucking at the top end so more focus on growing accounts and fostering cross-organizational collaboration can occur and result in business growth, staff retention and a "One PPC" reality.

Stay away from this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time

Pros

I loved PPC when I first joined, but not what it has become.

Cons

After the purchase by AEA, PPCs core values and its "niceness" went by the wayside. After the acquisition, many good people and dear friends were laid off or left in disgust. AEA's financial troubles caused it to sell off the pieces. In preparation for PPC's sale, there was a another bloodbath of layoffs, including sales, IT, and senior management.

It's too late. The new management will be rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic.

Red flags from the beginning

Former Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at PPC full-time for less than a year

Pros

25 cent items in the snack machines. Headquarters in McLean is in a nice facility. Can't think of anything else nice to say.

Cons

Management engages in secrecy and downright trickery...I never knew what was going on. Working for a consulting firm, I was surprised how little human interaction I got during the day. PPC isn't winning any new work, and I'm not surprised, considering the way I was treated. Benefits package is almost worthless.

Company is on a free-fall

Current Employee - Analyst  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at PPC full-time for more than a year

Pros

25 cent snacks/drinks in snack machines

Cons

Company lost it's soul and is on a free fall after it was acquired by AEA.

Raise salaries, stay in touch with employees, win new contracts so that existing employees can keep their jobs.

Worked for PPC? Contribute to the Community!