PPG

Be The First To
Add Photos

PPG Chairman and CEO Chuck Bunch

Chuck Bunch

Pros:
  • "Always challenging, ability to work as much as your want good people"
    in 11 reviews
  • "PPG sales positions provide a lot of work/life balance and scheudling flexibility"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is full of incompetent employees who are not watched carefully by upper management"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Work/life balance is not important to PPG"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Finance & Accounting Intern

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Burbank, CA

ProsNice people. Good training program.

ConsManagement seemed not that collaborating with each other

Good starting place for college grads

ProsConsistent work for decent pay

ConsMust have chemistry degree to have any room for career advancement

Decent Job

CAD Operator (Former Employee)
    Perry, GA

ProsThe company had great co-workers and allowed worked to be done independently. Also the benefits were good at the time.

ConsUnfortunately the Perry, Georgia plant was closed due to company realignment (I guess). This resulted in an economic downturn for the city.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its was Ok!! Constantly changing

Olympic Territory Manager (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of perks car, phone, Ipad, make your own schedule

ConsToo much work for the pay, always changing something different every month, very hard to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementListen To your employees

Good company low pay

Management (Current Employee)
    Breinigsville, PA

ProsThe work in this company is fun and unique. I would recommend this employer to anyone who is safety concious.

ConsManagement is lacking in following through on policies. The pay is low compared to similar work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability for poor quality and lack of process knowledge is a must.

Good company to work for.

ProsLots of different areas to work in and explore. It is expected for you to work in different businesses to advance. Almost all employees are good people.

ConsThe usual suspects for a large company. Red tape, communication not always great, working with multiple groups on a task can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on talented employees rather than ones that have been there a long time.

PPG? Hey, it's a job man!

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsHuge company, which is either good or bad depending on your perspective (aggressive in acquisitions and well positioned for future growth.) Not that stressful a job, depending on your Regional Manager. Flexible schedule. You can learn something useful everyday about sales and customer service.

ConsThe pay is just far too low for the industry. Big box retail has issues which will affect you and you will laugh it off or cry yourself to sleep every night. Olympic tends to treat their reps like children. Get used to being talked down to like an eight year old.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour company is in a great spot. If you paid people enough to be able to pay their own bills without having to call mom and dad for help or rely on their soon to be ex wife, PPG would do even better by having more loyal and motivated employees. Not everything is about short term profit. You practically dare us to find another job knowing how bad the job market still is. It also wouldn't hurt to provide better ongoing training. You are a paint company after all and most of your new and old hires still know next to nothing about paint!

Olympic Paint + Lowes = Regret

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

Pros*the sound of paint drying*

ConsIs there a word limit? I made the mistake of taking this job and it didn't take long to figure out I was set up to fail. For a giant company with a supposedly great reputation they treat their new reps very bad and you can make more money selling shoes at the mall. Bigger problem than that is Lowes store. There is only so much you can do there. Managers hide in their office. They can be very mean to vendors.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't misrepresent the job. The bait and switch routine is ridiculous. Just tell it like it is. Stop micro managing. Treat people right and resist the urge to take advantage of them in a stinker economy. People will work hard for you but only if you are fair to them too. Managing by fear is for losers. Check the price of rent in the area before making an insulting offer to someone and refusing to negotiate. The car is nice but no thanks. I left the keys on the seat.

Good Place to work

Technician II (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsNetworking, work, local, easy, co-workers

Conscompensation, management, hours, moving up with in the company

Deliver driver in indianpolis.

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe people are very nice and easy to get along with. They supply you with everything you need to get the job done. To be honest the job is very easy, if you've never had a job delivering before then it may take you a few days to learn the ropes, but afterwards it's a very nice job.

ConsYou sometimes get conflicting instructions as to how to do things, but you learn which is best after a bit. Unless you transfer to a store position instead of a driver, there really isn't a whole lot of room for advancement. Don't think of this job as a career, but a good job until you find one.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf all of the managers at different stores could decide upon a universal way to do invoices that would be great.

Worked for PPG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PPG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PPG CEO Chuck Bunch. All 188 reviews posted anonymously by PPG employees.