PQ Reviews

Updated July 20, 2014
Updated July 20, 2014
3.5

Michael R. Boyce

A good company to work for with a solid customer base and product line

I worked at PQ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are good and senior management is honestly committed to employee safety. Overall a positive experience. The company is very stable and has been for some time.
    Senior management is visible and willing to work with employees at all levels of the organization.

Cons

Not very much opportunity for professional growth. The organization is rather flat so promotional opportunities into a senior management role are sparse. Although this may be a con, the company does provide coaching and development for the next level.

Consider a site level continuous improvement team member at each location. Someone who can focus on LEAN and six sigma projects to accelerate cost savings and increase loss intelligence.

We are owned by bankers

Current Employee - Operator  in  Jeffersonville, IN
    Current Employee - Operator in Jeffersonville, IN

I have been working at PQ

Pros

Good benefits and pay is good

Cons

Owned by bankers and very more vision for the future

A great environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at PQ

Pros

The company ethos and mentality are very nice. There is a push to get things done, but not the hectic product first employees second mentality that is present some places.

Cons

I don't always feel fulfilled and am sometimes bored by my work environment. I could use more challenges and incentives to increase my potential and work hard.

I feel like the emphasis placed on safety and respecting employees is great. There's a strong sense of loyalty to the company because of that.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company with good values

I have been working at PQ

Pros

PQ is a global company that has been around for over 175 years. PQ has a solid business model but little opportunity for growth.

Cons

PQ is a very flat organization where top level managent is farmed out and is owned by private equity. There are very few opportunities for advancement and career growth.

PQ is trying to grow the business into a top tier organization that can compete with other top tier organizations without adding the needed personel to get there. A comparison of organizational structure to similar organizations may be a valuable exercise.

Worked for PQ? Contribute to the Community!