PQ

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael R. Boyce

A good company to work for with a solid customer base and product line

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good and senior management is honestly committed to employee safety. Overall a positive experience. The company is very stable and has been for some time.
    Senior management is visible and willing to work with employees at all levels of the organization.

ConsNot very much opportunity for professional growth. The organization is rather flat so promotional opportunities into a senior management role are sparse. Although this may be a con, the company does provide coaching and development for the next level.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a site level continuous improvement team member at each location. Someone who can focus on LEAN and six sigma projects to accelerate cost savings and increase loss intelligence.

We are owned by bankers

Operator (Current Employee) Jeffersonville, IN

ProsGood benefits and pay is good

ConsOwned by bankers and very more vision for the future

A great environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsThe company ethos and mentality are very nice. There is a push to get things done, but not the hectic product first employees second mentality that is present some places.

ConsI don't always feel fulfilled and am sometimes bored by my work environment. I could use more challenges and incentives to increase my potential and work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like the emphasis placed on safety and respecting employees is great. There's a strong sense of loyalty to the company because of that.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great company with good values

ProsPQ is a global company that has been around for over 175 years. PQ has a solid business model but little opportunity for growth.

ConsPQ is a very flat organization where top level managent is farmed out and is owned by private equity. There are very few opportunities for advancement and career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementPQ is trying to grow the business into a top tier organization that can compete with other top tier organizations without adding the needed personel to get there. A comparison of organizational structure to similar organizations may be a valuable exercise.

Worked for PQ? Contribute to the Community!