PRA Health Sciences Reviews

Reset
3.3
PRA Health Sciences President, CEO & Director Colin Shannon
Colin Shannon

Pros
  • Work life balance usually respected (in 22 reviews)

• Option to work from home a few days a week a plus (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance with studies continually under budgeted and/or under resourced (in 16 reviews)

• Poor upper management cohesiveness (in 13 reviews)

1. Communication=key

Former Employee - Subject Recruiting Associate in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Subject Recruiting Associate in Lenexa, KS

I worked at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with some great people and got to wear jeans on Fridays and free breakfast on Fridays as well. Also got to improve on some professional skills.

Cons

The lack of communication is what drove me away. One employee will get told one thing and another will get told another thing. There were promises that weren't met. I was promoted to a higher level in my department and found out through an unrelated meeting with two other people, as well as a team email about my promotion. Prior to this, there was no meeting about me even getting a promotion, so imagine my surprise and embarrassment when people started congratulating me and I replied, "Thanks...but for what?" And, I had to schedule a meeting with my functional manager about it because nothing was ever scheduled or mentioned to me. I saw no pay increase for the promotion and when I asked, I was told to "wait because there isn't enough money in the budget for it." For the yearly evaluation, myself and other coworkers were told to put "Solid Performer" and when I asked what would happen if I rated myself "Exceed Expectations", I was told by my FM that they will have to override it because corporate told my FM that all employees in my department are getting rated that. So, let me get this straight...I worked extremely hard and above and beyond, just to be rated an average employee? And my merit increased reflected the "average employee" rating. To me, I felt like I was being cheated, which was unfair. Also, I found out that some confidential information that some other employees and myself told our FM was spread to a specific employee, which caused drama and conflict in the work place. Trust was lost and things fell apart. We weren't able to work as a team. Drama was another huge factor; it was always there. My career started out great but eventually I became disappointed in the company.

Advice to Management

Learn to connect with your employees. Get to know them. Build trust and do not break it. See where they would like to take their career and help them get there. Otherwise, they will end up lost with no direction. Keep that communication open and don't close it.

2. clinical programmer

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time

Pros

have a good benefit. very friendly to the fresh starts .lots of training. it is a good place to start on your career.

Cons

management is kind of mess. project communication is kind of poor.

3. Decent place to start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences (Less than a year)

Pros

It was an OK place to start your career, good experience.

Cons

Horrible management. You almost feel like you're out on your won 95% of the time.

5. Clinical Project Associate

Current Employee - Clinical Project Associate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Associate in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work environment, company is improving daily,

Cons

no bonus, no way to move up within the compny

Advice to Management

Start a bridge program so employees can progress in their careers

6. PRA Health Sciences

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, and solid job security. Flexible work

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult.

Service Providers to buddies?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toulouse (France)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toulouse (France)

Pros

Home base and time flexibility

Cons

Poor support and recognition from FMs. Lack of carreer opportunities

Advice to Management

Engage stronger experiented executive directors. Stop friends promotion

Great benefits... but that's about it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't beat the benefits; things are new and shiny. Some coworkers are worth keeping the Job. Company's business is expanding, "job security"

Cons

It's like stepping into a 1960's Mad Men corporate america.. it's bizarre, just no alcohol and cigarettes. Opportunity for promotions and training is very discriminating and near-nonexistent for many groups and departments. Management and executives are often illiterate of their own departments; intra-departmental work flows and relations are weak; hands on training is lacking; so many processes that are completely ignored at the expense of getting work done.

Advice to Management

Not much to say, they should speak up when they can. There is no unbiased or third party to protect managers or employees-- maybe bring back the anonymous mid-year review of employees to their FMs.

No Friends, no Benefits.

Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - In-House Clinical Research Associate in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent PTO. Newer office space.

Cons

Lack of promotions unless you are friends with everyone and spend all day laughing and joking at people's desk. FM is not supportive of career advancement opportunities. Real hard work is unrewarded. Management does not recognize good results unless they like you personally.

Advice to Management

Learn to see beyond who you like and recognize those who spend most of their day doing their jobs.

10. In House CRA 2

Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Pros

Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.

Cons

Successfully managed a diverse range of projects from conception through implementation. • Effectively prioritized and organized work loads in a constantly changing environment to meet daily and weekly schedules. • Commended by management on numerous occasions for the quality and consistency of my performance

11. Benefits and workload

Pros

Very decent workload Salary above industry average

Cons

Limited options for career progression locally

RSS Feed </> Embed