PRA International

PRA International Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

PRA International President, CEO & Director Colin Shannon

Colin Shannon

Pros
  • Very good ongoing training, tries to keep work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• Option to work from home a few days a week a plus(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't always manage work/life balance well, overworking their best staff members(in 14 reviews)

• There is a strong sense disseminates from upper management that the bottom line now outweighs quality in staffing(in 13 reviews)

PRA exponentially growing company with good prospects

CRA III (Current Employee) Utrecht (Netherlands)

ProsPRA was and is exponentially growing over last couple of years. This opens up a lot op opportunities for the employees. Hard work is well acknowledged at PRA. Benefits are good. Also the team is well motivated. For people who have enough self discipline and live far enough from the office, there is an opportunity to work home based.

ConsIf you want to lay back and just get your salary every month, don't apply at PRA.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue in being the best in what you do

Progressive and Flexible

Project Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsPRA is a great place to work for project managers who want to feel supported. PRA is a big company, but that's not so bad after you've tried to work for a start-up like I have. Management is supportive and flexible and adaptive to the needs of staff and Sponsors. They're also willing to listen to good ideas and take risks. They were quick in hiring compared to other CROs and thorough in the interview process. I work with some great people and really enjoy going to work every day there. PRA won CRO of the year for the 2nd or 3rd consecutive year...they are doing things right. Oh...and there's free breakfast every Friday.

ConsA big company feel.
    Big network of systems to navigate and finding the information you need (at least the systems are all integrated, though).

accommodative and fair company

Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) Mannheim (Germany)

Prosopportunity for advancement, yearly review, work/life balance

ConsI have no cons for PRA.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior CRA

Senior CRA (Current Employee) Poznań, Greater Poland (Poland)

ProsWork from home, car, phone, flexibility, autonomy, possible transfer between countries a huge plus for me.

ConsVery little cons, they value employees however could have 2 instead of 1 yearly meeting for CRAs at the central office in WAW (like before).

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this time - love this company

Great place for Growth, Driving Change to make a difference, and Work Life Balance

ProsExcellent growth opportunities for high performers
    Competitive benefits and pay
    Great paid time off policy
    Opportunities to drive change
    Using technology to make more efficient use of time and for better customer experience
    Culture is one of collaboration, teamwork, fun, and fast-paced.

ConsAs with any fast growing company, it is expected that opportunities will exist to improve. Communications can always improve. In some cases, leaders may not be as effective as they should be so this could be a negative for some. Great to see several new initiatives being rolled out that will help improve these two areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue hearing the voice of the employees and driving change for the better.

Great place to work

DMA (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities for growth, if desired.
    Great benefits
    Work/life balance is exceptional
    The management works with employees to help them as much as possible

ConsA lot of responsibilities that can overwhelm at the very beginning
    Repetitive
    Pay is not great starting out (BUT have opportunities to make more relatively early in career)

Best job I have ever had

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsI have had a great experience working here. Praised when I have done well, promoted quickly and love the atmosphere and people and I work with.

ConsJust going through the transition of growing so quickly - it 's a great but requires also requires changes, so you need to be flexible and open to change to work here

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

I Feel Like I am Apart Of Something BIG!

Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee)

Pros- Work-life balance is great
    - Great technology to allow employees to work remotely or from a home office
    - Atmosphere is upbeat
    - love the we have a purpose and we are winning attitudes.

Cons- need to automate processes a little more (get rid of spreadsheets!)

Advice to Senior Management- don't really like the "on-the-behalf-of" messages from executive management. Seems so disconnected and impersonal. I realize you are busy and that your exec admins are sending the messages, but the message(s) would have much more impact and meaning coming directly from the leaders of our great company.

I love it

In-House Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsI enjoy every aspect of working here. I really cant think of anything negative. Breakfast every Friday, dry cleaing delivered to and picked up from the office, chair massages, and even a car detailer.

ConsThere really are no cons. The only thing I could even think would be more pay, but who doesn't want that?

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at PRA is really well rounded. They are very compassionate people who seem to care for their employees.

Very positive

PRA Employee (Current Employee)

ProsStrong emphasis on career path development in Clinical Operations
    Ample opportunity for internal promotion
    Fosters a culture of innovation in a conservative field

ConsPRA is growing rapidly and focused on attracting talent at all levels of the organization. Lots of opportunity in this growth, but it's very busy!

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal communication is good and opportunities continue to arise for feedback to PRA management - directly or via surveys and facilitated feedback sessions.

Worked for PRA International? Contribute to the Community!