PRC Medical

great company

Current Employee - Recuiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recuiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PRC Medical

Pros

we are all treated very will

Cons

should value people work more

Not terrible, but not great

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Management in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Management in Akron, OH

I worked at PRC Medical full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The flexibility was good. Got along with most of the people I worked with. I liked what I did

Cons

The management was not very knowledgeable. The older manager they had few years ago was with the company for a while, and she was great. The current one is not very friendly, and does not know how to relate to her staff. There is not room for growth- in fact they have had 4-5 layoffs since 2008. They have out sourced a lot of work, and not for the better. It has caused more work for the little staff they have left. This is due to the fact PRC has not picked a good company to outsourced to.

PRC Medical also has a habit of hiring people through temp agencies with the "promise" of a full time position after 90 days. Please if you are thinking of being hired in through the temp agency just want you to know in more cases than not they do not follow through with this "promise". They do not have to either, but still it was very hard during the several years I did work there seeing people come in with the hopes they found a permanent job, and after year they were still employed with the temp agency. This way PRC did not have to pay for insurance for these employees, and any time they asked why they have not been hired they were usually told some silly excuse, or that they need more time and have not meet the expectation yet (most of the time they had).

I could write so much more, but I'm sure this will be enough. It is very sad to see what was a good company to work for up to a few years turn into what it has. I have moved on to a new job a while ago, and I am very happy with my current place of employment.

Get management who knows how to manage

Directionless Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at PRC Medical

Pros

Great Co-workers and team members

Cons

Management is clueless, Petty supervisors, who show active preferences, like client relations etc..

Hire an outside competent CEO

Very good, but not great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at PRC Medical

Pros

Great Atmosphere - There is a great amount of flexibility to balance work and home life. There are several people here that have pets they need to take out t various times or just a hectic life schedule, and the company is more than willing to work around it.

Cons

There are superstars who can apparently do no wrong even when they are VERY wrong. The communication is very poor which makes it take a long time to gather the information you need to get the job done right. I feel as if our work instructions are followed only when it is convenient for the superstars and circumvented when inconvenient.

People who are on the ball do not need to be hovered over. Actually listen when they are telling you the situation and are trying to describe how to fix it, and don't just say that they are "complaining". Give employees the opportunity and desire to excel, don't just bring in new people without consulting the employees on the situation.