PRECISION DEVELOPMENT SERVICES

Updated September 6, 2014
Updated September 6, 2014
2.8

CEO

Great core values, awesome knowledgable team, and solid leadership.

Former Employee - Mobile Applications Developer in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Mobile Applications Developer in Hermosa Beach, CA

I worked at PRECISION DEVELOPMENT SERVICES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At PD, people do come first. The work environment is casual, leadership is competent and knowledgable, and morale is high. The team has diverse set of skills which allow lots of learning new capabilities. The office is near Hermosa Beach, and offers a very cool, well architected office with amenities. Overall the company sets a good working pace, and rewards for hard work. I was able to develop further as an engineer with room for personal growth. I spent 11 months at the company, and over the time I was there they made incremental changes to the company culture which I found to be very encouraging and appreciative of. I left for a new opportunity, but would definitely recommend them as a great place to work.

Cons

The only con I could really mention was a personal one, which was my commute. The leadership team does get busy at times, so it is really up to the individual to make sure to make contact. They have a lax leadership style which may turn some people off who certainly need a more structured environment, but they generally have an open door policy and are always open to feedback. Other than that, there are no real cons to consider as I think you would have to be adverse to classy and awesome to think otherwise.

Keep up what you are doing, I think the company has a great head on its shoulders. I've never worked for a more classy set of leaders. My appreciation and gratitude goes out to team as well.

Always a kernel of truth to every side."

I worked at PRECISION DEVELOPMENT SERVICES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I mostly liked the location, it was near the beach, but that beach is Hermosa, I will leave it at that. They made me feel as though I was doing a competent job, however, I knew I was doing superior work. I had a mostly forgettable and frustrating, but not unpleasant time here.

Cons

So what can we learn from these reviews? One can see a dissatisfied employee and one that is very happy. I can't say I know the dissatisfied employee, but I have a pretty good idea who the other guy is. And while it is definitely not a college house, they do employ college friends who do not pull their 'weight'.
    And if you look at their company page, over 1/4 of those people there are gone (from a little over a year ago). I am surely not there any longer. So, in my opinion, the bit about attrition has some truth to it.
    While they do have some smart people working for them, they are quite a bit behind the curve when it comes to new tech, so this is probably not the place for a young and bright engineer who wants to enrich their career.

You should do some deep thinking on why your attrition rate is so high. I know these people, and some of them are very bright and talented. Unfortunately, although you are probably still friendly with them, I am pretty certain there is no way they would recommend Precision Development as a place employment with all the other alternatives out there.

Small company with toxic work environment.

I worked at PRECISION DEVELOPMENT SERVICES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People seem friendly and often you are invited to go out to lunch. Free coffee? Near the beach?? The receptionist is nice. I didn't end up moving down there for the job, unlike some other unfortunate people I worked with who were terminated. They claim turnover is low, but is actually very very high for such a small company.

Cons

They hire their frat buddies from college who do little other than sit around talking about chicks, these guys do absolutely nothing and get PAID. They could care less about anyone else.

There are a couple of guys who desperately want to hold on to what little power they have in the company and will do anything and say anything to maintain this illusion of power. The owners claim they are technical, but are not, so they have no real way to evaluate their employees. Therefore the only real feedback they get are from these trolls. If you aren't in the 'inner circle' the job is miserable.

Keep doing what you are doing, it's made you rich.

PRECISION DEVELOPMENT SERVICES Response

Aug 19, 2013Principal

The individual who wrote this was let go due to poor performance after approximately three months with the company and is obviously upset with the circumstances of his departure. There's almost no ... More