PRIDE Industries Reviews

Updated March 2, 2015
21 reviews filtered by
2.8
Michael Ziegler

1. I have been employed with PRIDE for 7 years.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Roseville, CA

I have been working at PRIDE Industries

Pros

A growing company with a great mission! PRIDE has a purpose. Excellent culture & values. Strong work/life balance. They treat people fairly. Mike Zigler the CEO is awesome!!!

Cons

No company has 100 percent satisfied employees. There are always going to be things to gripe about, and let's face it, even those of us with the world's most satisfying careers generally look forward to the weekends. I honestly never get up in the morning thinking UGH I have to go to work.....even after seven years. I love PRIDE and I see myself here for years to come.

Advice to Management

Strong leadership that actually cares about you. They share information with their employees, listen to their ideas (or better yet, actively seek out and act upon their ideas) and assume they are responsible enough to manage their own time.

2. Production

Current Employee - Production in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Production in Roseville, CA

I have been working at PRIDE Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

gives jobs to the disabled to make them feel fulfilled

Cons

below minimum wage pay
    to many people

3. It's not what they say they are.

I have been working at PRIDE Industries

Pros

I work at corporate. The mission is awesome. It is so great to see the mission actually working. Many people that would never be able to be employed are able to have a job. That fulfills the mission.

Cons

This place is so top heavy it is amazing it is still functions, yet more V.P. positions continue to be created for incompetent people. They PRIDE themselves on the mission, and stating to those of us that work behind the scenes to keep the company running, that if it weren't for us the company wouldn't exists, however, they don't pay well, nor do they speak to us with respect or treat us as if we are as valuable as those that have the disabilities, because without those individuals with the needs, the V.Ps and Board Members would not be able to continue to receive perks and benefits all supplied and paid for by the Mission Statement and the government funding obtained. Do you think a Non-For-Profit should have a private jet, because those V.Ps and Board Members are uncomfortable in first class when they fly on a commercial airline?

Advice to Management

Life is not always viewed through rose colored glasses. Get to know your employees as people not as number to benefit your federal funding.

5. A very hard company to work for.

Current Employee - Peon in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Peon in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PRIDE Industries part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A bi-weekly paycheck. (if you're lucky.)

Cons

Top-heavy company.
    Bipolar management.
    Secures job contracts under the guise of benefiting the disabled, only to lay off workers and outsource to private contractors.
    This is not a company that is out to train the handicapped. If a handicapped person is having trouble, they are terminated.
    Management can do no wrong. Your word and worth is nothing to these elitist.

Advice to Management

This would just be a waste of words.

6. If you aren't one of the site manager's chosen few don't plan to have a happy workday.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, CA

I worked at PRIDE Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The clients! It is very rewarding to work with people who have disabilitys. The manager fires people fires people who are dislike by her friends, even when they work hard and do a good job. Her friends hardly work and they yell and scream at the clients. She was real good when she was a counselor, but now she is just mean and unprofessional.

Cons

The site manager has favorites and will back them even when they are unethical and irresponsible.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is really going on in Auburn.

7. good company to work for except poor management

I worked at PRIDE Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good company values, good pay and teamwork I worked for pride 3 years in ft.bliss,tx.i worked hard and learned a lot I put in a good 8 hours of work everyday and made me fill very satisfied when customers were happy and thanked me for jobs I performed

Cons

too many chiefs and no Indians,too many, upper management in ft. bliss takes care of his good ole boys you don't need all this extra assistant managers positions I have found out that it is a buddy ,buddy,system,

Advice to Management

for management in California : get rid of all this so call assistant manager positions and too many supervisor positions waste of money invest in worker positions get rid of the good ole boy system in ft.bliss,tx. before it is to late and ends up at the department of labor for federal contracts

8. If you don't have a disability, don't work here.

I worked at PRIDE Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with disabled veterans was truly a highlight. While many of them had psychological issues relating to their service, they were actually easier to deal with than the management.

Cons

The mission of this company is to employ people with disabilities. Sounds very noble, doesn't it? However, if you don't have a disability, you might as well not exist. You are not treated the same as employees with disabilities. If you are in a supervisory or management position, your judgement and integrity will constantly be in question. You will also not be given any appropriate training in how to deal with the disabilities you are asked to work with. Upper management is SHADY. I have seen many dishonest management practices. There is NO transparency.

9. Company With A Mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

I have been working at PRIDE Industries full-time

Pros

Pride is a company with mission to create jobs for people with disabilities. The environment on campus is wonderful and a very inspiring place to be.

Cons

Wage scales are low compared to surrounding area, and wage increases are very difficult to obtain. Workloads are not evenly distributed and scales for certain positions are higher even though there are fewer responsibilities. There does not seem to be much consistency to the way wages are assigned to positions.

10. Awesome!!!

Current Employee - Custodian in Auburn, CA
    Current Employee - Custodian in Auburn, CA

I have been working at PRIDE Industries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisor is very understanding and helps to try and get you more hours.
    Decent pay.
    Nobody always over your shoulder watching you.
    Great Coworkers!
    Swing Shift.
    Easy but physical job.
    Work with all different people which is fun and learn more about people with disabilities.

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunity.
    Rude people in buildings being cleaned.

Advice to Management

If someone that is going above and beyond give them a chance to get promoted please!!!

11. A good company to work with

I have been working at PRIDE Industries

Pros

Very family / personal growth focused

Cons

Little chance to advance or job growth