PRIME Research
www.prime-research.com Ann Arbor, MI 16 to 50 Employees

PRIME Research Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
PRIME Research – Gurgaon – “Prime Research, German Centre, 12th floor”

Growing pains

ProsThe company is in high growth mode and has a lot of great opportunities with fortune 500 clients. Co-workers are smart, easy to work with, and willing to work hard. Senior management gives employees plenty of freedom to take on as much responsibility as they wish. Lots of work schedule flexibility. The services the company offers are unique and always rapidly evolving in a hot industry.

ConsThere is poor communication and knowledge management across the company, specially between the German head office and the U.S. offices in Ann Arbor and New York. Business processes are still designed to support a much smaller company and don't hold up under the recent high business growth rates. There is no overarching talent management and training plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has great potential and the problems are driven by its success and growth. However, the growth cannot continue unless you address: (a) the need for proper communication and training for employees, especially as products evolve. (b) improve your engineering processes, with a focus on quality control. (c) establish more robust support services in HR and IT to support the work and the staff.

The Lack of Organization, Organization

Ann Arbor, MI

Prosnice people (sadly none of them are happy), relaxed environment, and supposedly flexible schedule

Consnot very flexible because the people in charge are unorganized, inexperienced, and that shows as deadlines approach and no longer can employees be flexible because everyone is left scrambling to complete what should be a simple task had there been more competent people in leadership roles.
    pay is comparable to Burger King. no benefits. there will be new people hired that you will see in the office instead of promoting current employees that are much more competent and knowledgeable of the tasks at hand.

Advice to Senior Managementstructure your organization accordingly. the same person shouldn't be running human resources, accounting, and office management because that just makes none of them done correctly. and lastly pay your employees more than the parking garage attendant across the street. it reflects poorly on the organization if you not only require an employee to pay for their own parking but that same employee will see that the parking attendant makes more hourly pay.

My initial excitement that later turned into boredom and frustration

Ann Arbor, MI

ProsHours are very flexible (it's possible to work remotely from home), laid back work environment, large office space, promotions are possible even for newer hires through hard work and attention to details, new hires are very frequent, plenty of on-the-job training, constantly adding new accounts to their client list means more opportunities, free bus passes can save lots on parking downtown, excellent way to gain more knowledge of a particular sector, monthly company meetings keep employees engaged on company updates.

ConsThe work becomes very repetitive and many times reinforcing what clients want to see rather than the perceptions that actually exist, high turnover makes it difficult to establish strong colleague relationships, frequent network and software shutdowns can cause lost productivity (and lost paid hours), their Mainz HQ is too controlling over the affairs of the other company offices, pay rate for Media Analysts may turn away very well qualified applicants, too many hires creates crowded working environment, seems indifferent on letting go underperforming employees, too much distance between Project Managers and their team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to focus on keeping your employees engaged on the importance of their jobs, enforce efficiency standards to both let go of under-performers and financially reward the over-achieves (regardless of seniority), focus on hiring people with experience in the sectors that they will work under, enforce a more hard line work schedule to make sure employees are held accountable for tardiness, consider having a leaner but higher paid Media Analyst staff to help lower turnover rates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

College Degree=NOT APPLY

Ann Arbor, MI

ProsFlexibility to work from home and casual dress... Training process helps, good part time gig

ConsUnorganized company, with low pay for heavy work load. Pay for parking, and unpaid days off. If you don't advance within 8 months, look for another place to work. Just work here only if you live in the area and need a part place to earn a few dollars. Not a good career building company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better advance program, and learn to appreciate your employees by paying them more.

Far from "Prime". Can we say cheap?

Ann Arbor, MI

ProsFlexibility of hours & the initial starting rate of pay, if you are fresh out of high-school or looking for a part-time fill in the gap job after college, are both pluses for this company.

ConsIf you come in at entry level as a media analyst & do not advance to a salaried position within a year you need to be looking for another job. To expect people with a college education to work for what they pay you--with no paid holidays, no vacations, no sick days, etc. is ridiculous. Additionally the work space is cramped for the amount of people to the point where some workers show up & can't find a computer to work on. The position of media analyst holds no respect in the company either.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is making money. Lots of it. How about using some to increase the analysts' pay instead of silly things like pool tables, video games & blow up palm trees? The turn-over rate seems to be pretty high for analysts. There is a fair amount of discontent on the analyst side of the business.

A bad day at work will turn in to every day at work

Ann Arbor, MI

ProsThe office has a pool table, have fun trying to find time to use it.

ConsDo you like breaks? Say goodbye to them. Sure, you have a "flexible" schedule but your deadlines are so close together that it's impossible. Like your coworkers? Too bad the turnover rate is so high, hopefully you all can remain friends after everyone quits. Live within walking distance of downtown? Perfect, they refuse to comp parking and their ways to help commuters include adding an hour waiting for buses to connect to commuter lots. Enjoy warmth? This job may not be for you, they turn down the heat dramatically when people of higher positions aren't there to save money. Enjoy coffee? PRIME doesn't have any but there are several coffee houses around for when the internet goes down in the office or the days there are more employees than work stations.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees.

The Good, Bad and Ugly of PRIME

Ann Arbor, MI

ProsGreat co-workers, smart people and a growing company. If you want to find a relaxed work environment to work in and you can handle computers and deadlines, it's a good company. I feel as if it's a good company to use as a launching pad to get hired at a better one. The office is absolutely spectacular and the management is pretty good in terms of friendliness.

ConsSlow wi-fi and internet, a lack of social media presence and old website.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe website is unacceptable and the internet needs to be massively improved. I think it undermines our professionalism when you cannot click on links to our offices and more content is written on the common.biz site.

"Synergy" is the worst buzzword ever, especially for this company

ProsSome of the coworkers are great. It's better than working in fast food. The hours can be flexible, and no one monitors internet use.

ConsManagement is laughable. HR does not monitor what employees do, meaning that it can take them months to discover that someone is fleecing them, if they do discover it at all. This also means that the burden can fall onto other employees to pick up that slack, often with no recognition whatsoever.

HR is hesitant to let anyone go for any reason. If an employee doing coding, for example, makes a mistake, a project manager has to fix everything, and often the employee is not even retrained until a few large mistakes have been made. I suppose this is good for job stability?

When the CEO shows up a few times a year, the office goes into frenzy mode. There is no eating at desks, and everyone is asked to use the same IKEA mugs so that everything looks uniform. Then, it's pins and needles until he is gone. Very much the hierarchy.

The website is hilarious. They try to show a large presence in different countries, but when clicked on, the pictures for locations look completely unprofessional. The basic structure of it has not changed in over 2 years.

Piggybacking on the technology aspect: the server often goes down, along with the internet occasionally. This leads to a lack of work, and wasted time for part-time employees. When the internet went out once, it was suggested I "hang around" for a while to see what would happen, but I would not get paid for it. Then, when I suggested I go home and complete my work where the internet actually work, I was given the stink-eye and finally begrudgingly told I could do so.

There is a distinct lack of advancement structure. This is probably due to the high turnover rate, but if there were a structure with decent pay increases and insurance, I imagine the turnover rate might decrease somewhat. Media analysis work is also very cyclical, meaning that there are often mass lay-offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to demonstrate that you're a global company with media presence, try to make your presence more presentable and professional. As of right now, it's a joke.

Mcdonald's for smart people

News Analyst (Current Employee)
    Ann Arbor, MI

ProsVaguely interesting work; development of interesting skill set; work from home availability.

ConsBorderline exploitative nature; extraordinarily high turn over rate; promotions lead to more work, but not more pay

I'm working for prime currently

Ann Arbor, MI

Prosincredibly laid back and easy going environment the people are intelligent an hours are very flexible new hires pay is better than any manager at a fast food restaurant and most jobs around at that matter

ConsDeadlines can be stressful, Training coulld be a little better new employees sometimes just get dropped in the mix and left to figure things out through trial and error

Advice to Senior Managementbetter training and a little better organization would be beneficial

Worked for PRIME Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PRIME Research reviews and ratings. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by PRIME Research employees.