PRISM

www.prisminc.com

PRISM Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Mark Johnson

Great team enviornment that allows for fun, but also serious work.

Senior Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsI have been with Prism for over one year, and found the management team to be very professional and responsive to employees needs. Their in-depth industry knowledge provides for a great mentoring and learning environment.

The recruitment and sales team is very diverse with varying levels of experience. Everyone is respectful of one another’s abilities, approach to work, and helpful to each other. Team communication is strong, and everyone gets along well with one another. The team is provided with all the necessary tools to be a successful recruiter or sales person.

The operations and management team is very experienced, with years of staffing industry experience. They are also attuned to the daily business needs, that allows producers to stay focused on their work. They really do make the teams job look effortless.

Over the years, Prism has built a client base that is very loyal, relies on Prism’s services, and is well managed. Many former candidates have gone on to become hiring managers, adding further testament to the quality of Prism’s work.

ConsThe IT infrastructure needs to be matured, to allow for more seamless connectivity and telecommuting when necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to train and mentor staff allowing them to exercise more independence.

Deceptive opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get paid exactly when they say you get paid.

ConsThey put me on a contract where I had to sit there waiting to be allowed to work, and had absolutely nothing to do. They then got rid of me seven weeks later with absolutely NO explanation other than "your position on the contract was eliminated". I didn't even have time to do anything wrong. Why'd they hire me in the first place?

Challenging industry to navigate, great team and company

PRISM Sales and Recruiting (Current Employee) Reston, VA

Pros+Great close-knit professional team; driven to be successful
    +Leadership provides a career coaching approach with both internal and external employees, potential candidates and customers
    +Upward mobility, promotion, small business with opportunity, money
    +Great client base with existing companies and strong operations team
    +Well-trained, knowledgeable and successful Recruiters and Business Development Team who are accountable, well-liked and insightful

ConsTakes a lot of dedicated time and commitment to be able to understand and navigate through the day-to- day of it's industry politics and processes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best placed I worked at...

Recruiter (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsAs an ex-employee that only left PRISM because I had to relocate out of the area – I can attest to the positive reviews about this company. I started working here as a Recruiter in the Bethesda office. I had no previous recruiting experience and I can tell that they did not care about that. They cared about the fact that I was eager to learn and they had a great training program that they put me through. I was assigned to two mentors with one primary go-to person and another just in case the primary person was not available. The team environment was great –everyone worked towards the same goal in a very fast paced environment. I had a great relationship with the 4-5 people that were working in the Bethesda location. The Reston office was definitely a lot larger and while I got to know some of the folks in Reston, I was more committed to making the Bethesda location a success. With regards to whoever wrote the review below about people walking around stressed and in egg shells is a complete lie. I was here for a little over 3 years and never once did I feel that people were being mistreated. While I was at PRISM, every employee had a college degree, and a few even had masters. The reviewer that mentions that PRISM was scared of educated people is just plain out lying or must work for a competitor of PRISM and is spreading negative reviews.
    In a nutshell: This is a great company to work for. Had I not moved away from the D.C. area, I would still be employed here. I still keep in touch with people that I used to work with who are still working in Prism.

ConsAt the time of my employment, our website was Horrible. No remote recruiting or sales opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I had a great time while I was here. Only wish that you would identify some of the weaker employees sooner to help them versus some people that were just coasting or playing poker online in Bethesda.

Sr. Recruitment Specialist

Recruiter (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

ProsWorking for Prism has been an amazing career experience! I learned everything about recruiting, networking, profesionalism and the importance of building friendships/ relationships. It was an invaluable experience that I can't thank them enough for!
    Prism offers paid Holidays, vacation, benefits, 401k etc, but they also offer all the fun stuff too! Wine tours, Happy Hours, bowling, contests, vacations, President's club, paid time off, dinners, flexible hours, working from home, part time work.

ConsWhen you are a recruiter you pretty much do the same thing daily, but you are in charge of your schedule and are free to do lunches, dinners and make the most out of your day.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that each person is motivated differently

Great company to work for and do business with

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsWorking for Prism Inc was an overall great experience and I can truly say that I am sad to leave. The attention and care they give to each employee is unlike any other company I have worked for and I can say with certainty that upper management really sets you up to be successful. They are constantly hosting team events for all employees really showing how valued we are.
    It’s not often that upper management is still out on the front lines but at Prism they thrive on this, and they have a great lead by example approach.
    With around 20 years of industry experience it’s no surprise that they are a dominant force in the IT staffing field and will continue to do so with a foundation of values and morals that allow for the establishment of great, long term relationships. In my mind a good leader is shown by development of subordinates, and at Prism everyone is upper management feels this way.

Whether you are a client looking for help with IT staffing or if you are looking for a job as a recruiter or business development manager, I HIGHLY recommend working with Prism.

ConsHaving to leave a great company like Prism

Be careful of Reviews

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIn seeing the reviews on PRISM I realized that either people are not writing reviews under the correct company and or are probably disgruntled employees who may have not been a great fit for PRISM. I also noticed that some of the pictures of PRISM are not the correct pictures of the correct place and the jobs are not associated with the correct company so be careful on how you use this tool.
    The PRISM I know is and should be rated as one of the best companies to work for.
    Growth potential is limitless since they are a dynamic growing company, vs joining a large organization that already has people to promote. Great tenured reputation with clients,
    market competitive income with increases based on meeting objectives and hitting goals, (great sales incentives and earning potential) As in a good sales organization you have limitless earning potential and can earn an increase in your income every day based on your efforts.
    Cadillac benefit plan that most companies don't offer anymore with competitive PTO days you can choose to use as you wish. You earn more PTO for tenure and it rolls over in to the next year so you don't lose it. Many times they will close early before holidays to help the team get an early start to their weekend. They have fun Individual and team incentives customized to help motivate for personal goals and team goals. Fun themes and spontaneous twists.
    Fun Holiday party, President's Club/ trip opportunity, Players Club, Happy Hours,lunches, recognize Birthday's, Anniversaries and performance milestones. Other events such as Pumpkin Carving and Chili Cook offs. Truly appreciate their employees and listen to individual needs. They don't treat everyone the same and or "cookie cutter." They understand each individual may have different motivators and or needs. Based on tenured and consistent performance there are people on the team that get a flex time work schedule, work from home opportunities and part time opportunities as life needs change for some. They also offer and include the operations team in incentives and recognize their importance of efforts to grow the company. Truly appreciate all the effort the team puts in daily. Management is direct in communication with an open door policy. PRISM is not complacent. It is an organization that consistently looks for improvements and new growth opportunities in order to allow for growth opportunities for performers. They do look to hire the best of the best who are hard workers and like to earn. PRISM is not for you if you are looking for a comfortable 9 to 5 environment. IT is a fast paced, sometimes challenging industry that may not be for everyone. They take their time in hiring to ensure the right fit for the excellent team that they have taken time in building over the past few years. They know not everyone will be up for the challenge. They look for people who like to work hard and have high standards for themself. Quality is at the center of their core values and principals they keep as a focus for their employees and customers. They really care!

ConsIt is a challenging industry and not for everyone so do your homework and use all your tools, not just reviews to find out if PRISM may be right for you. When PRISM interviews they not only want to make the right decision for them but you as well so it works out. They are realistic in setting expectations vs. selling you on a job that might not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for listening and making sure we have a great team environment. We know you care. I have made some suggestions that have actually been implemented so I feel great about that!

Awful Company, Depressing Culture, Horrible, HORRIBLE Management

Recruiter (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsIt's hard to come up with something...
    Oh, they do provide parking for employees and the location is pretty good.
    The employees are mostly nice, but education is not stressed with this company so it's a mixed bag of who you'll work with.

ConsWhere to begin...Management watches everything you do and listens to everything you say at all times. There is absolutely no privacy. To say management is hands on is an understatement. If you go to the bathroom the manager will pretty much follow you with stopwatch in hand. You sit in a big room facing everyone else and make call, after call, after call, after call. I was told to lie, exaggerate, beg, or do whatever was necessary to get a client/candidate to meet with me for a face to face meeting. Desperation hangs heavy in the air there and employees are ready to stab each other in the back for a lead. The work enviroment is suffocating, desperate, high stress, and down right depressing. The atmosphere is similar to that of telemarketing or very high pressure sales.
    They rip off their clients and candidates and make the commission so difficult to understand that you were never sure if they were ripping off the employees also. They will hire anyone who walks through the door and management seems to dislike employees who are well educated. Although illegal, they ask you to take your lunch at your desk and basically work while you eat. I was reprimanded for going off site to buy my lunch and was told that everyone else takes their lunch at their desk. The benefits are awful! It would be cheaper to buy your own private insurance plan and you would probably get more coverage. This company does everything as cheaply as possible. Extremely high employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something to improve the culture. Employees walk around, constantly stressed and worried that they are going to lose their job because they didn't meet their quota.

Very good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsGood internal work culture. Collaborative work environment.

ConsSmall company = limited growth opportunities.

Good for freshers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood working environment
    Latest technology
    Good team

ConsNo pay hike, No holidays, Lot of work

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider employees needs as well

Worked for PRISM? Contribute to the Community!