PRO Unlimited

Updated November 19, 2014
4.1

PRO Unlimited President Andrew Schultz
Andrew Schultz

Pros
  • Fairly flexible schedule at times and manager was very good at promoting work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• The work environment is fun and fast paced (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many cons- just room for improvement as with anything- 401K match could be better (in 8 reviews)

• No 401(k) matching, culture relies on clients' culture (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

UNPROFESSIONAL UNLIMITED..... Agree entirely with the negative reviews!

I have been working at PRO Unlimited full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Collect a paycheck every week.

Cons

Expectation to work 24/7
    Poor benefits, no reward or compensation increase
    No respect for its employees - retention is not a point of interest
    Hires friends and family first
    Not a pure vendor neutral MSP
    LOTS more

Take off your blinders. This is a people business. Consider taking it personally.

Senior Management has unrealistic expectations

I worked at PRO Unlimited full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits, vacation time, lovely people to work with on most teams, many opportunities to interact with all levels of clients,

Cons

Senior management out of touch with realities of technology and what it requires to be successful in an enterprise roll-out. Back office personnel are treated as though they are commodities, not people. By refusing to roll the cost of supporting their SaaS product into the contracts with clients, support organization is always criminally understaffed with no way to proactively manage issue resolution. Also there is a culture of blame in this company where it seems more important to find the responsible party and point the finger, than to resolve the issue at hand. People seem to have fears about retaliation and marginalization.

Please look at the level of service provided to client by the back office teams and consider staffing properly. It has been status quo in the industry for years to roll the cost of support into contracts with clients, by doing so, you can not only ensure that the back office can be staffed properly, you can turn it into a revenue generation stream. Additionally, recognizing all staff for their hard work and endeavors is important and is often lacking from Senior management.

No respect for long term employee....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

I worked at PRO Unlimited full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Initial traiing when I started over 10 years ago. Since then - NOTHING!

Cons

Lack of advancement; poor benefit package; training on directed to Client Services teams; lack of respect; poor work life balance

More communication top down - employees are not stupid so don't treat them that way. Stop running lean because that's more work employees have to take on and work seems to be dumped on to select few. Emphasis put on work life balance, however, push come to shove work is bottom line. Too many pre-approved vacations or days off spent working because management felt "mandatory" attendance at some meeting or project had to be completed. I left because of lack of respect and opportunity - once placed in a box there was no opportunity and others less qualified were promoted or hired.

Third Party Hirer

I have been working at PRO Unlimited part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Liason replies to messages quickly, and pay is always on time.

Cons

It can be inconvenient to speak to only one liason who has to guide you through to contact necessary people.

One foot out the door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PRO Unlimited as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

There is not many.
    1. My liaison is at least prompt when necessary
    2. Working Advantage gives very decent employee discounts to parks and movies. That is it.
    3. getting paid on a weekly basis

Cons

1. Benefits are terrible. The health insurance is a joke at best with extremely high deductibles and monthly premiums hitting $400 per month at the low end of the range. Go with less insurance and you might pay less. Do not expect any sick leave and you probably will not get vacation pay either. Obviously the CEO of PRO would rather buy another boat for his home in Florida than pay 1 day per month of vacation time for any of his well-educated contract workers.
    2. Paycheck - Just remember...you do not work, you do not get paid. Any time you take off is coming out of your paycheck and that is not pleasant
    3. Just hope you do not get stuck working with a manager who could care less about you because you are a contract worker. PRO Unlimited could care less if you are treated well by the employer you are working for.
    4. PRO will encourage you to apply internally at the company you are currently at. However, unless by some miracle you get a manager who actually likes you or cannot live without you, do NOT expect to be hired internally at the company you are put at.
    What PRO will not tell you is that IF you are hired internally, PRO will have to be cashed out a 'Finders Fee' (I was warned about this four months into my role by internal management - pretty shady), which is why most of the time all PRO people will be overlooked for any internal jobs. This is typically 10-20% of your current salary.
    5. Do not expect to be treated well by ANY of the internal employees with the company you are at. PRO should be taking a more active role in how their 'contract' workers are treated. However, since they are based in 'shady/unethical' Florida, they are far enough away that they really do not care how any of us are treated. What you will be treated like is the red-headed stepchild and not allowed to use the lunchroom (except for 45 minutes out of the three hours available), not allowed to visit with any of the full time staff and will be basically be ignored, if talked to at all by the full time employees.
    6. Do not expect to be supported or checked on by anyone at PRO. At. All.
    7. When asking any questions of the benefits department, do not expect them to be timely or to actually care...you are just a number honey.
    8. The most archaic timekeeping system ever known to man. It has taken me 15 minutes just to accurately log my time on a weekly basis in order to get paid. It is a 'click' and scroll on the numbers system that reminds me of a Lotus 1-2-3 system from 1992.
    9. Expect to kiss alot of you-know-what and play nice. Wait until you get a full time job outside of PRO before you tell them how absolutely awful they are.

Get with the times. I have spoken to enough reputable recruiters here in California that word on the street is that PRO is gaining a pretty bad reputation for how poorly their contract workers are treated.
    Now with more companies hiring, I would expect you will be losing many of us permanently...and it will not be with anyone whose hand is in your cookie jar.

MANAGEMENT MUST BE REPLACED

I have been working at PRO Unlimited full-time

Pros

Location
    Some good co-workers
    The product is promising
    Again, Location

Cons

Everything
    Out-dated
    Disorganized
    Unethical
    People should not be trusted
    VERY HIGH TURN OVER RATE

Although I am under contract with Pro Unlimited, I am working in the Legal Department at Electronic Arts Inc.

Current Employee - Administrative Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at PRO Unlimited full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great people and culturally diverse.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Company seems to recruit younger people vs. people over 40 years of age.

I came over from a competitor. This place is AWESOME!

I have been working at PRO Unlimited full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing opportunities to work directly with some of the best companies in America.
    Incredible management team that "gets it."
    Technology in the industry is second to none, especially with the recent release of WAND mobile.
    Empowering work place where all idea's are welcome and many are acted upon.

Cons

I have seen a lot of complaints about benefits. I do not agree. Based on where I came from and the industry, the benefits are more than adequate. There are many plans to choose from
    401K match would be nice.

Keep building this great company and don't lose sight on what got us here.

Account management

I have been working at PRO Unlimited full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great internal staff that are all working for the greater good. Clients are partners in the truest sense of the word. Challenging but rewarding work environment.

Cons

Benefits (lack of 401K match or long term earnings).

Provide employees a long game to stay with the company.

GREAT TEAM

I have been working at PRO Unlimited

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

There are no cons for this company.