PRO Unlimited

Updated August 8, 2014

4.3

PRO Unlimited President Andrew Schultz
Andrew Schultz

Pros
  • Fairly flexible schedule at times and manager was very good at promoting work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

• The work environment is fun and fast paced (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not many cons- just room for improvement as with anything- 401K match could be better (in 6 reviews)

• No 401(k) matching, culture relies on clients' culture (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I came over from a competitor. This place is AWESOME!

Pros

Amazing opportunities to work directly with some of the best companies in America.
    Incredible management team that "gets it."
    Technology in the industry is second to none, especially with the recent release of WAND mobile.
    Empowering work place where all idea's are welcome and many are acted upon.

Cons

I have seen a lot of complaints about benefits. I do not agree. Based on where I came from and the industry, the benefits are more than adequate. There are many plans to choose from
    401K match would be nice.

Keep building this great company and don't lose sight on what got us here.

Account management

Pros

Great internal staff that are all working for the greater good. Clients are partners in the truest sense of the word. Challenging but rewarding work environment.

Cons

Benefits (lack of 401K match or long term earnings).

Provide employees a long game to stay with the company.

GREAT TEAM

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

There are no cons for this company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Senior Management

Pros

A lot of very smart and vibrant people work at PrO.

Cons

Senior Management does not allow employees to think or contribute. If you don't do things the way they want you are blacklisted until you quit. Also a culture of spies who report back to the COO

Let the people who do the work contribute

It is pretty terrible to be a contractor through PRO

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

> It's a job...
    > Timecard entry is not difficult and you get paid weekly
    > No extreme on-boarding process

Cons

> The site through which you have to do literally EVERYTHING (ie: time, expenses, health benefits, etc.) is pretty horrendous to use
    > Everything is disjointed - you have someone assigned to you (basically like your HR rep) who in reality does not do anything. In my case, if/when she ever actually responded to any of my inquiries, she told me to contact another department. Days later from when I first reached out. It was entirely unclear what she was there for, and there was no good resource to just directly find the actual right person/department to contact
    > As a contractor, the health insurance is not good and barely subsidized. Huge out of pocket deductible with a pretty high monthly premium contribution
    > No commuter benefits or FSA/HSA

Make an effort to streamline your resources for your contractors.

Boutique feel with BIG client list

Pros

1. Access to Fortune 100 clients for maximum professional exposure
    2. Lean management team allows for ample contact with senior executives to impact company operations
    3. Smart and dedicated Client Services team with consistent talent across the country
    4. Competitive salary
    5. Consultative approach to client account management promotes service line expansion and innovation

Cons

1. Too lean on resources in key operating areas. Unnecessary lobbying for prioritization of important requests
    2. International expansion lacks proactive strategy and requires greater external SME support
    3. Technology platform is improving, but it's unclear if they lost too much footing to competition in recent years

The company used to have a greater "promote from within" culture, but this has changed in the past 2 years. Brining in new management from time to time is important for idea building; however, there is a lot of excellent and tenured talent at the Program Manager level which will expire if they are not developed or promoted appropriately. Also consider expanding the Technology organization even further to ensure greater support of existing client needs while pursuing critical product improvements which promote our market position. Neither is more important than the other, and alienating current clients is a surefire way to lose them.

Innovative and People-Focused Organization

Pros

Wonderful training and flexibility with your schedule in the workplace! There is always someone to help, management is very friendly and educational in their approach to resolving any issues that arise.

Cons

Would like to see more offices throughout the country.

Look for additional ways to promote within in current geographic area. Focus on updating internal sites with most current information.

Great company and group of people to work with, focus on employee training and development

Current Employee - Senior Client Services Consultant  in  Branchburg, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Client Services Consultant in Branchburg, NJ

Pros

Focus on employee development and training, collaborative environment-even though geographically dispersed. Value for employees opinions. Opportunity for Work-Life balance.
    Great client base, working with large well known and recognized clients. Opportunity to leverage best practices from other sites.

Cons

Not many cons- just room for improvement as with anything- 401K match could be better.

Please see "Cons" section. Plus focus on leveraging technology to constantly improve tool (which is already being done)

Great Team, Great Company

Current Employee - Lead Visual Designer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Visual Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Just completed 90 days at Pro, it's been hugely refreshing to have a company actually care about its employee's and strive to give them all the tools they need to succeed.
    Interview process was intense, but greatly appreciated, meeting with the full team showed everyone's voice was heard, and that it meant a lot to be hired.
    On top of that they have: An open vision of future applications, exceptional employees all playing on the same team, very rare conflict and always solutions offered, Senior management very approachable, flexible work schedules, fun team members, industry leading optimism and execution, and the amazing location in SF! right in the middle of everything.

Cons

So far, no cons. Maybe an Aston Martin DBS company car? after 120 days of course.

Would love to see more branding out there, having a strong and unified brand will continue the momentum of Pro's growth. I never really knew how big the company was (Global!!) as it still has a start-up atmosphere.

Great Team environment!!

Current Employee - Client Services Representative  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

I like PRO because the group I work with makes coming to work fun. I never wake up and think, " aw man I go into work today". We have a solid management team that supports us and gets us the things that we need.

Cons

We often hear of the growth of the company but that doesn't always seem to trickle it's way down to the people that have been working here for a while.........

We need more perks. We work at these companies sites and it seems like they do so much for their employees and then we look at ours and sometimes think, what about us?

Worked for PRO Unlimited? Contribute to the Community!