PRO-telligent

www.pro-telligent.com

PRO-telligent Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Judy F. Sebastian

wonderful

Travel Assistant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Proswork closely with all government companies.

Consworking there has been fun, and there is always a lot of work to be done.

Advice to Senior Managementworking in different areas of the government is a lot of fun

One of the BEST

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBenefits are awesome, training, promotions, time-off

Consits mainly consulting/contracting. the turnover for recruiters seem to be high but maybe it's because of advancements?

Advice to Senior Managementtry harder to keep those employees that constant get the contracts renewed

Good company to work for to gain experience

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsNot a whole lot of micro management.

ConsI felt on m y own at the client site. They didn't know everything that was going on at the site.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with Client Management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros-Contracted out to another company

Cons-Not always organized and had to resubmit documents

Fine.

Program Manager (Current Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsMost of the personnel in travel and management are great -- responsible, responsive, professional. I would work for them again.

ConsIf you get the wrong account manager for your contract, you can have very serious problems -- and I mean dangerous, not merely inconvenient. The only reason I'm not giving a higher rating is because of the particular manager over my contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe not a good idea to put a very young person who has barely even travelled internationally in charge of contracts in a war zone. This happened under the former owners, though, and I believe Tetra Tech, the current owners, would be more responsible.

Good

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsProject Manager easy to communicate with.

ConsOnce contract over no other position was available within the company.

Stepping on to the next

Prosgreat benefits, long term professional relationships

Conscurrent RIF, reduction in staff and resources, minimal professional development, lacks clear direct career development.

Company has been bought by Tetra Tek DPK and seems much improved

Project Manager (Former Employee) Baghdad (Iraq)

ProsFollows the rules, likeable staff, keeps its word.

ConsSome people in critical positions people depended on while working in dangerous situations were either mis-informed or weren't properly trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and progress noted since the buy-out.

Average in terms of what you're going to find in a government contracting company

Program Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHands-off for the most part, so you don't feel like you have two bosses. In fact, pretty much anything you work out with your direct supervisor, they will accomodate.

ConsThe benefits are not fantastic, and they'll definitely try and make as much money off your contract as they can. Try and bargain (if you can) for a higher salary, they're probably low-balling you to start with. On the other hand, one of my colleagues tried negotiating and was told "This is all you're going to get, take it or leave it.".

Advice to Senior ManagementYour contractors feel like they're easily replaceable, that you don't really value "them" as employees, you just need a warm body to fill the contract. That hurts morale. I feel this is an important issue the company needs to pay attention to.

All about the money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is good and it can lead to a full time position in the government office you are assigned.

ConsWorking at Pro-telligent you are n your own. You will receive very limited help from main office.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack your emplyees more.

Worked for PRO-telligent? Contribute to the Community!