PROS Reviews

Reset
3.1
PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Pros
  • Very smart people, it seems like recent hires (at least in my area) have focused greatly on taking the company culture to the next level of innovation (in 9 reviews)

• In the right position you can achieve work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect employees to work long hours; poor work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• there is no clear definition of how bonus is distributed (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great culture and room to grow

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great culture and a company that's growing in size and revenues. It's an exciting place to work, with plenty of room to grow, or blaze a new trail for yourself. You're surrounded by very smart (and very nice) people. Senior leadership is well-respected and has earned it.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. Some infrastructure teams (IT, Finance, Procurement, Legal) are feeling pressure from the growing pains, made a bit more complicated by some resistance to change. But everyone is motivated by nothing but the best of intentions.

Advice to Management

Your efforts to meaningfully engage with employees are well appreciated. Keep it going!

PROS Response

Jun 16, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback regarding our culture at PROS. Yes, #lifeatpros is exciting! We're happy to hear you believe your career is developing nicely. In addition that PROS provides you the ... More

2. Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Flexible Work Environment, Supportive Manager

Cons

Not sure of career path

3. Great company and the best days are still ahead of us

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What we do is really cool. Customer testimonials about their significant ROI, margin improvement are unlike anything I have ever seen in my career. Good move by senior management to shift to SaaS. will help company grow faster and accelerate customer adoption. Really good espri de corp across the departments, everyone focused on customer success and growing sales.

Cons

When you work for a $200m company with aspirations to mainstream and dominate a category its hard work but also loads of career upside for those who perform. if you don't want to work hard, check the openings at the post office

Advice to Management

lots of progress with company events, communications, benefits, etc. keep it up. if you really want to be the best place to work, don't stop making progress in all those areas.

PROS - Average

Current Employee - Senior Alliance Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Alliance Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good work-life balance

Cons

Disjointed organizationally, difficult products to sell, sink or swim for new employees

Advice to Management

Spend money on marketing new products, if you want to become a market leader in that space

Great place for first job

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

PROS is a great place to work if you are fresh out of college and looking to jump start your career. The managers I have worked for have always been very open to provide feedback on a whim and also answer questions regarding a wide range of topics that may not necessarily fall directly under their area of expertise. Colleagues are very friendly. Work environment is very open and work timings are flexible with the option to work from home when needed. It is also a great place to learn how to work with customers and deal with the constant barrage of requests that come in from customers looking for specific features in the products they purchase from PROS.

Cons

Job roles can be better defined. Sometimes getting a promotion isn't always easy and people have been known to either switch departments or leave the company altogether after a couple of years. A clear sense of direction may be lacking sometimes in terms of where a project is going, how it needs to be implemented and what the project roadmap is for the future. Pay definitely needs to improve otherwise the really smart employees will definitely be lost.

Advice to Management

Provide a little more clarity on the vision for the company. The Kick Off meetings at the beginning of the year are great however I would like to see more clarity provided on all the facets of the company. The previous Kick Off Meeting focused way too heavily on the Pricing side of the business and not enough attention was paid to promote the Travel side internally.

Moderate company overall

I worked at PROS

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful

Cons

Pay isn't great, work isn't the most interesting, the kitchen could be better stocked

Good company, should keep its employees

Current Employee - Technical Implementation Consultant in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Implementation Consultant in Skokie, IL

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company with potential, will to innovate, diverse locations...

Cons

Not much evolution possible, salary not as high as market.

Advice to Management

Keep the people that are important, the ones that are really hard workers and that are carrying the company... Listen to employees.

Pros not really.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS

Pros

Not many pros. Decent pay. Stable company.

Cons

Bad leadership. No Accountability for anyone. Bad designed products. No process. No vision.

Advice to Management

Make your people be accountable. Focus on the improving the culture of poor quality products into high value useful products. Remove the Pros cliques that have been their for 10 plus years and don't provide any value other than getting in the way of progress.

10. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good customer base excited to use and improve product Company is small enough so that passionate developers can easily make a big difference Very smart, engaged community of co-workers willing to help and encourage growth Good work-life balance, working from home is encouraged

Cons

Frequent management changes Somewhat of a schism between remote and local employees

Advice to Management

Unify vision across the branches of the company; Sales, Product, Professional Services, etc. often have very different conceptions of PROS' priorities and goals. Stabilize middle-upper management and make it clear what our focus and direction are.

Okay company to learn and grow. Internal problems with direction and vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some very smart people that are humble and willing to mentor. Engineering has a core of people that knows the product very well. All hands on deck during release makes a good effort for release.

Cons

Can't keep GOOD talent. Management thinks this is normal or cyclical, it's not... Senior engineers and people who have been here 5+ years are leaving... Outdated technology, underpaid, and overstressed environment. On top of that, the company is losing a ton of money (check out the quarterly reports). Going to love the response from HR on this. They're going to say we get health fairs and other perks to make up for... If you think I'm being cynical, just read the other reviews.

Advice to Management

Try to do whatever it takes to keep good talent. Whatever your doing isn't "enough". Deliver if you promise. We haven't been a true software company in years, but a sales/marketing company. Focus on product, and innovation. Employees are literally rattled by the losses (financially and employees), so speak about the elephant in the room.

PROS Response

May 18, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. In the same way that PROS products helps our customers compete and win more effectively, we're committed to do whatever it takes to help build a strong business and ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed