PROS

www.pros.com
  www.pros.com

PROS Reviews

Updated November 14, 2014
Updated November 14, 2014
3.4

PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner
Andres D. Reiner

Pros
  • A lot of smart people working here (in 9 reviews)

• Great company, lots of smart people, and a lot of growth potential (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance; poor benefits; too much politics; leadership (in 7 reviews)

• Too much work to cope with at times (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent company, unbelievable market opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great company in an exciting and growing market. The company has a long history and a long list of very satisfied customers. The culture is very focused on customers making money from the PROS software and being reference-customers - which is very rewarding. Seeing how your work makes a real difference is the source of my satisfaction - even it it sometimes requires long nights when we are close to going live at a customer.

Cons

The company is making the transition from being a smaller niche player, to a much larger company. There is still work to do to get all of the processes in place - but the company is making progress.

Great progress and great leadership in place. Harness the big market opportunity.

Great company to work for in a booming industry.

Current Employee - Associate Data Scientist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Data Scientist in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very laid back. A lot of smart people working here. Company keeps growing very fast which allows for growth opportunities.

Cons

Length of time at the company plays a bigger role for promotions than I would like to.

Try to innovate by taking bigger risks and not just satisfy current customers with current complaints.

Excellent

Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Innovative
    Good people
    Well managed
    Ceo cares for people
    Strong product

Cons

Lesser known product to general public, but they are the market leaders

Continue excellent intern program

Company is getting better and better every day

Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Really turning into a great company. Culture is getting more healthy and constructive. Success is building on success. It is a great place to be proactive and make good things happen. Lots of potential for this company in a growing market.

Cons

You must be a self starter. This is not a good company for people looking to be told what to do.

Continue to build leaders from within.

PROS Response

Jul 21, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for submitting a review, as well as, your candor as to the work ethic for those interested and considering PROS as their future employer.

Innovative, Super Smart Company Poised for Success

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

The people at PROS are amazing. Most are warm, engaging and super smart. PROS customers are genuinely excited about the software - it's such a great feeling to hear customers talk about how much your work has helped them, both personally and professionally. The work is challenging but exciting at the same time. PROS gives it employees lots of flexibility on their work schedule.

Cons

Some team members are overly reactive (pendulum swinging, fad chasing), compensation is in-line with market not above it, with growth comes growing pains.

Keep doing what you are doing, stay positive, be mindful of those that criticize who aren't so strong themselves.

Fantastic place to work

I have been working at PROS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fantastic people, great environment. There is a tacit agreement that we are all in this together, and haven't seen any of the normal "blame game" situations you hear elsewhere.

Very smart people, it seems like recent hires (at least in my area) have focused greatly on taking the company culture to the next level of innovation.

I don't have enough experience to have a good reference on compensation, but I have no complaints about it. I believe health benefits are pretty normal, but not fantastic.

Cons

Smaller company, so you don't get some of the big perks of a big company (daycare, PTO rolling over every year, other fringe benefits), but nothing that is not made up for by a great work environment.

PROS Response

May 28, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for very much for this review! We're really happy that you’re enjoying PROS. Sounds like you’ve just made your first year at PROS, so you know how much we have grown as a company. As you ... More

Best career decision I ever made.

Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager In Products Organization in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I feel cared for here and look forward to coming to work. You can’t walk down the hallway without a chat. Free food and drinks everywhere. Sponsored events all year long celebrating birthdays, holidays, product launches, families, happy hours and so on.

Flex hours, can wear jeans every day, video games, couches, ping pong tables; it’s a really causal, laid-back environment that encourages community but respects your individual work style.

From executive leadership down, I’ve been supported with full autonomy to improve any opportunity that I come across. Ideas are encouraged and welcomed from above and below; territorialism is virtually nonexistent.

New and tenured employees mesh; there is definitely a specific “type” of PROS employee that fits in well. If you bring passion and ideas that you can independently execute to the table, you’ll be praised and rewarded for your work. You don’t need to ask for permission, just come in, get things done, be friendly and you will succeed.

PROS is a strong, fast growing company with good products, a vision for innovation, and success is shared with employees.

Cons

Trying my best to be objective here with an honest review, but there really are very few legitimate CONS to working at PROS. Managers/leaders are hit or miss, most of the gripes have everything to do with who you report to. There are some people with not-so-great people skills in management positions because they are otherwise brilliant. There can be a lack of urgency in moving them out, so I’d say that making difficult decisions about people does seem to be our biggest challenge.

You’re doing a great job. Continue reinforcing our culture and investing in innovation. Invest in HR so we can continue developing our growing workforce. Encourage more shared goals and collaboration across departments and organizations.

Implementation Consultant

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company, lots of smart people, and a lot of growth potential

Cons

Politics becoming an issue more and more

Best Company I've worked for to date - Great pay, Great people, Great career opportunity

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Fast-growing company with very talented people. Great team spirit. Everyone I've worked with is pushing hard for the success of the company. Top Management is very involved with their employees and every aspect of the business. They are always asking everyone - "What can I do to help." This is not the same company of 4 years ago prior to going public.

Cons

Growing so fast that sometimes the processes are not up to speed with the growth. However, with the talent PROS has, the workarounds and solutions are usually not far behind. Sometimes there is insane pressure and time demands - but the positive is that the work is always appreciated and well compensated!

Keep doing what you're doing, keep hiring great people, and keep listening to us. Do this, and there is no doubt we will have success in the marketplace.

A lot of opportunities ...

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you are self-driven and know what you want, this is a place you can have experience and find opportunity to grow. You have a lot chance to innovateby yourself or follow talent people. Flexible work hour helps balance your personal life needs and work priority.

Cons

Company is growing fast so there are a lot new hires. Most of them are excellent. But there are few un-qualified people who couldn't survive and make trouble to create too much politics. But this is common problem with most companies.