PROS

www.pros.com

PROS Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

PROS President, CEO, and Director Andres D. Reiner

Andres D. Reiner

Pros
  • Great company, lots of smart people, and a lot of growth potential(in 8 reviews)

• In the right position you can achieve work life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect employees to work long hours; poor work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Company is growing quickly so it is a little hard to keep up with changes(in 3 reviews)

Convoluted leadership and goals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits, office environment. Vacation policy

ConsThey stress work/life balance. However, it's all just rhetoric.
    Job readiness training is virtually nonexistent- if you don't know it going in, you'll have to figure it out yourself and quickly. Leadership/management direction and goals are confusing and change literally day by day. Much of what has been planned and developed long-term is changed causing panic, and undue pressure for all. Major platforms fail to reach fruition as planned.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop watching the ticker tape each day and spend time with the heart of the company........your people.

Company is getting better and better every day

Vice President (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsReally turning into a great company. Culture is getting more healthy and constructive. Success is building on success. It is a great place to be proactive and make good things happen. Lots of potential for this company in a growing market.

ConsYou must be a self starter. This is not a good company for people looking to be told what to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build leaders from within.

Jul 21, 2014

Thank you for submitting a review, as well as, your candor as to the work ethic for those interested and considering PROS as their future employer.

Good place to work

ProsGood pay; good environment; growth opportunities

Conswork/life balance; poor benefits; too much politics; leadership

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people

ProsIn the right position you can achieve work life balance.
    Great product and business vision.

ConsPoor training development plan for employees.

Jun 17, 2014

We appreciate your review and feedback. Additionally, we're glad to read that you believe in PROS' product as well as our business vision and still able to maintain a work life balance. We would ... More

Sweatshop

ProsLearn a lot with little guidance

ConsConstantly changing direction; no home life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better middle managers, especially in PS

Decent but could be better

(Current Employee)

ProsGood pay
    Free snacks and beverages
    Lots of company event
    Flexible hours, work from home

ConsNot very good at documenting their processes. This makes it difficult to train new people and follow through with improvements.
    Teams don't communicate well. Many simply don't have a good grasp on where their responsibilities end and begin.
    Don't like the work area, very noisy. No cubical, just desks facing one another separated by a low shelf.

Jun 17, 2014

Thank you for providing your review of PROS. we assure you we are in the process of addressing the knowledge management and the documentation of processes is one of the main initiatives. Just a ... More

Organizationally needs improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlex work hours, free snacks and other perks, smart and friendly colleagues.

ConsLots of unqualified people playing manager roles, don't look to grow people, lack leadership skills, lack vision and focus. Career paths are unclear. Heavy politics. Tense environment around managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reorganizing based on Meritocracy, and define clearly the career paths.

Innovative, Super Smart Company Poised for Success

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people at PROS are amazing. Most are warm, engaging and super smart. PROS customers are genuinely excited about the software - it's such a great feeling to hear customers talk about how much your work has helped them, both personally and professionally. The work is challenging but exciting at the same time. PROS gives it employees lots of flexibility on their work schedule.

ConsSome team members are overly reactive (pendulum swinging, fad chasing), compensation is in-line with market not above it, with growth comes growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, stay positive, be mindful of those that criticize who aren't so strong themselves.

Fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFantastic people, great environment. There is a tacit agreement that we are all in this together, and haven't seen any of the normal "blame game" situations you hear elsewhere.

Very smart people, it seems like recent hires (at least in my area) have focused greatly on taking the company culture to the next level of innovation.

I don't have enough experience to have a good reference on compensation, but I have no complaints about it. I believe health benefits are pretty normal, but not fantastic.

ConsSmaller company, so you don't get some of the big perks of a big company (daycare, PTO rolling over every year, other fringe benefits), but nothing that is not made up for by a great work environment.

May 28, 2014

Thank you for very much for this review! We're really happy that you’re enjoying PROS. Sounds like you’ve just made your first year at PROS, so you know how much we have grown as a company. As you ... More

PROS can be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork flexibility, Nice co workers, Snacks and drinks

ConsNo Bonus, Uses free tools automation which may break in future.

May 28, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate you sharing this with us as we are always looking at ways we can make improvements.

Worked for PROS? Contribute to the Community!