PROS Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Moderate company overall

Pros

The people are friendly and helpful

Cons

Pay isn't great, work isn't the most interesting, the kitchen could be better stocked

Pros not really.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Not many pros. Decent pay. Stable company.

Cons

Bad leadership. No Accountability for anyone. Bad designed products. No process. No vision.

Advice to Management

Make your people be accountable. Focus on the improving the culture of poor quality products into high value useful products. Remove the Pros cliques that have been their for 10 plus years and don't provide any value other than getting in the way of progress.

3. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good customer base excited to use and improve product Company is small enough so that passionate developers can easily make a big difference Very smart, engaged community of co-workers willing to help and encourage growth Good work-life balance, working from home is encouraged

Cons

Frequent management changes Somewhat of a schism between remote and local employees

Advice to Management

Unify vision across the branches of the company; Sales, Product, Professional Services, etc. often have very different conceptions of PROS' priorities and goals. Stabilize middle-upper management and make it clear what our focus and direction are.

Okay company to learn and grow. Internal problems with direction and vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some very smart people that are humble and willing to mentor. Engineering has a core of people that knows the product very well. All hands on deck during release makes a good effort for release.

Cons

Can't keep GOOD talent. Management thinks this is normal or cyclical, it's not... Senior engineers and people who have been here 5+ years are leaving... Outdated technology, underpaid, and overstressed environment. On top of that, the company is losing a ton of money (check out the quarterly reports). Going to love the response from HR on this. They're going to say we get health fairs and other perks to make up for... If you think I'm being cynical, just read the other reviews.

Advice to Management

Try to do whatever it takes to keep good talent. Whatever your doing isn't "enough". Deliver if you promise. We haven't been a true software company in years, but a sales/marketing company. Focus on product, and innovation. Employees are literally rattled by the losses (financially and employees), so speak about the elephant in the room.

May 18, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. In the same way that PROS products helps our customers compete and win more effectively, we're committed to do whatever it takes to help build a strong business and ... More

Lack of vision, lack of strategy

I have been working at PROS (More than 3 years)

Pros

The individual contributors have great teamwork, team spirit, and willingness to help. Great culture at the mid to lower levels.

Cons

All decisions are held at the executive level and poor communication outward. Executives huddle and then decide.

Advice to Management

Empower your employees. Not in your words but in your actions.

OK company, trying to move to good

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

Work-life balance, fairly easy to move around and try something new, can live where you want in most roles

Cons

Below average compensation, spending more on new people and less on existing employees, micro-managing

8. Great opportunity to learn and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, people, people! Still has a small company feel in order to get things done without so much red tape.

Cons

Public company which can put pressure on leadership to do things which sometimes don't make sense.

Advice to Management

Don't be so reactive to market. Figure out where exactly you want to go, set a plan, and then execute. Don't go off chasing tails when it doesn't fit strategy just to hit a quarterly financial metric.

Corporate Culture

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Houston, TX

I worked at PROS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very smart people; tolerant, multi-cultural environment; intellectually challenging; flexible work schedule; can work from home; occasional rewards for all employees regardless of performance; value the individual

Cons

No work-life balance; all employees have laptops which results in working evenings and weekends. It is expected. The constantly looming deadlines, complexity of implementing the pricing software, and customer demands make it a 24/7 job.

Advice to Management

Keep you renegade, megalomaniac managers under control. As in every company, there are good and bad managers. Politics allows some real slave drivers to destroy their subordinates and claim all the glory for themselves. You know who they are, but close your eyes to it and don't act on it. Also, less nepotism might be good.

May 5, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for responding and providing your feedback. We make it a point to treat all employees fairly and with respect in our workplace. As a growing global company the demands are many. Our ... More

Pretty good place to work

I have been working at PROS full-time

Pros

a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, nice corporate culture

Cons

pay rates are generally below Houston average.

Advice to Management

It will be difficult to continue to retain talent if the organization is treated like the minor leagues

May 5, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for responding. We compete with talent and salaries on a continuously. How we pay is sometimes better and sometimes not. Sometimes we don't pay as much as the big tech companies, yet I ... More

Help Desk II

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

The environment is dynamic! Loved my work colleagues, diversity and challenges. Human Resources employee affairs representatives did a great job creating employee activities and events to help us socialize and get to know your colleagues. Great job, Rose Nolan, Adrienne Collins and many more!!

Cons

Advancement is difficult for someone who is too good at their present position. They are basically stuck while acquiring more duties from other positions to streamline the team. Those who are adequately fulfilling their roles seem to moved around or promoted into other opportunities quickly. This happens quite a bit in the IT arena.

Advice to Management

Grow the team members who show the drive, enthusiasm and ability to do so. Quit making excuses to promote others just to keep them from not properly fulfilling the job requirements they were initially hired on for. Show initiative to grow those who are thriving in their arena. Help them spread their wings to learn more and take on new challenges in the fantastic PROS environment.

RSS Feed </> Embed