PS Business Parks

Updated Dec 7, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joseph D. Russell Jr.

Wonderful Experience for Leasing or Property Management!

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

ProsThe offices are small and get along well together. They try to keep office morale up by supplying bagels and casual dress on Fridays. They also host occasional potlucks and host a birthday lunch/cake for employees. Benefits are pretty great with three weeks of vacation (not including sick) after the first year of employment (two weeks the first) and they generally allow you to leave early before major holidays. Pay is wonderful too and they have decent insurance options. I would definitely say the people make the job worth while!

ConsThey do not have many learning opportunities available - you just get thrown in and are expected to figure it out. They also make it difficult to move up in the company. You are required to have a college degree to be anything above an administrative assistant and even then, you only get promoted if someone quits or they create a new position (although that rarely happens).

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make better opportunities for people to expand and grow within the company and offer better training for new hires. In addition, the level of customer service provided to your customers can be improved.

Little help when you're new.

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are friendly but too busy to help you learn. Some benefits are comparable to other companies and others are not as good such as the amount the employee pays for insurance.

ConsRecently started and was just thrown into position. I expected at least some training. The expectation to figure things out and do your job without being provided the tools to learn is disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a training program and resources for help. People in office are too busy or don't have the knowledge for your position.

PS Business Parks is a great company with wonderful people to work with!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

ProsPS Business Parks has amazing employees who help create a great work environment. They also offer good benefits and care about the well being of their employees. Overall, PS Business Parks is a successful business to work for with opportunities to grow within it.

ConsOne of the cons would be that the office is open on Christmas Eve.

Great company where the individual makes an impact

Leasing Director (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

ProsThis is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals. The goals and targets are clear. There is direct access to the senior executives on big deals, and decisions are made very quickly. The best part is that this company supports teamwork between leasing and property managment. Everyone is fun to work with, and supportive in attaining goals.

ConsThe company is lean, but everyone works hard. No slackers allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the health care benefits less expensive for the employees.

Worst company to start your career in

Property Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you stick around for 5 years or so then you can join the club of employees who don't get much time and take home a pay check

ConsLittle pay, long hours, no opportunity to grow, worst benefit package ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have a anonymous hotline to report other employees for unethical conduct.

Plenty of learning opportunities but at a minimal salary

Leasing Director/Portfolio Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time

ProsThis is a company that runs very lean. They pride themselves on it. As a result this creates several learning opportunities

ConsRunning as lean as they do there is NEVER any time to breath. The high turnover results in many people doing the jobs of several - unfortunately there is not additional pay or recognition. They do not give COLA increases. The bonus plan is ambiguous and unattainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and promote work life balance. Canvas your peers to ensure there are realistic salaries paid.

Terrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

ProsThey only positive thing for the employees that they would occasionally spend the tenant's money on buying lunches for their employees.

ConsVery stressful place to work. They are a public company, but won't even hire receptionists for their offices. They run VERY lean and pile way too much work on all of their employees without any regard for their wellbeing. Plus, they don't really care for their tenants, except the larger ones that would make them look bad if they defaulted and had a bunch of empty space. My advice.....don't take a job here.

High Turnover.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PS Business Parks

ProsSimple, profitable business model. Industry leader. Employees with longevity at PS Business Parks are considered marketable in other settings and within industry because of the high demands put on their positions and the experience they receive.

ConsCompany operates extremely lean and with unfair expectations for team. Management is not responsive to internal issues. Poor communication from top down. Poor leadership.

Worked for PS Business Parks? Contribute to the Community!

PS Business Parks Videos

PS Business Parks – Why Work for Us?

Corporate Information PS Business Parks, Inc. (NYSE: PSB) is a publicly traded full service real estate company with expertise in leasing, property management, acquisition and development. As of November 2013 the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PS Business Parks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PS Business Parks CEO Joseph D. Russell Jr. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by PS Business Parks employees.