PS Business Parks

Summer Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Richardson, TX

I worked at PS Business Parks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The brokers I worked with this summer were very outgoing and professional. Any question I had was answered precisely, emphasized with years of experience. This company will go through great lengths to accommodate your needs and desire to learn.

Cons

I was given a few "glamorous" tasks a week but nothing wrong with a little filing and spreadsheets.

Overworked, Under Appreciated

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

Based on Corporate Office.
    Benefits, okay pay, name is resume builder, learn to operate under high stress and high demand.

Cons

A lot of overtime, employees are under appreciated and required to meet unfair demands, upper management does not know or care how goals are met (as long as they are), minimal diversity (again corporate office), no training, horrible time management. One VP lacks professionalism in all levels.
    If you are considering working here, understand that when they say they operate lean, they mean it. Work/Life balance is horrible. Does not offer any cross training, or job development. If you have other job offers, take them. Or, work here and burn out (or get fed up), like many have before.

Increase work/life balance for ALL employees. Don't operate lean just to make a buck, as you've noticed by your low ratings, former employees see you as a terrible former employer.

Mixed with mostly good, room to improve.

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

good work life balance and good people to work with. There is room to grow and climb the ladder. Overall happy with the company

Cons

Needs a better training program. They do have someone who has taken on the roll to develop a training program, which is a lot better than it used to be.

It would be nice to get recognition when deserved.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed bag at PSBP

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

Lots of vacation and sick time compared to other companies, decent benefits package, good learning opportunities in certain departments, very friendly and knowledgeable staff, executives are very personable too, casual Fridays

Cons

Certain departments in home office have lots of restrictions on vacation time. It is a very stressful place to work due to the fact that they operate very lean and co-workers are usually too busy to help. Long hours including weekends does not provide for good work/life balance. There is high turnover and pay is mediocre at best.

Encourage more work/life balance, particularly during quarter end, by hiring more staff. Please also provide realistic salaries to employees who are normally given extra work that is outside of their normal scope.

PS Business Parks is a great Company to work

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the company I have been looking to work and grow with where things are constantly developing and changing, they offer many benefits and job security.

Cons

One of the major challenges in this job is to work with clients, as you have to know how to listen and give them the best customer service

Changing careers for the better.

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Hayward, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

PSBP is a career path entity, no matter what avenue you travel in upon. Company wide support to your growth and success is always priority from your management as well as coworkers. Having a company with decent benefits, PTO and holidays off is an excellent choice for me.

Cons

personally, my biggest con would be that I didnt find this job 10 years earlier.

always have a vested interest in the opinions and local knowledge of your staff. it keeps our ball rolling in a positive direction.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The stability of upper management and of the company, small company feel, growth opportunities. The home office created a new position for learning and development at the end of 2013, and there has been an increase in training classes and development tools. You do need at minimun a bachelors degree for management positions, but that is a common standard now for larger companies. The top executives are very friendly and personable, and make a point to talk to each employee when visiting offices around the country. There are also many long term employees that are available to assist new employees.

Cons

It would be nice if there were education assistance opportunities in the benefits package.

Since there are many existing employees without degrees, it would be great if there were financial assistance available for college courses.

Strong public REIT offers long-term careers

Current Employee - Leasing Director
    Current Employee - Leasing Director

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

PS Business Parks is a very stable company. For a company of this size and presence it feels like a small company. For example, employees on the property management and leasing level have exposure to the executive level. Time off and benefits are comparable to most larger corporations. Work and personal life balance are both understood and promoted. Hard work and success will result in being noticed by management and executives and ultimately, upward mobility and potentially a long-term career.

Cons

Often times new employees are required to hit the ground running. New hire training is improving however many functions of each job are only learned by trial by error. Most functions of each job are performance based and often times include high pressure to perform.

Great company!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

I started working at PS Business Parks about 3-4 months ago. I immediately felt part of the team and at home with the company. Everyone that I have come in contact with thus far from my local office to the Home Office has been nothing but extremely helpful and patient with me while learning the ropes for the new company. I feel empowered to do my job without being micromanaged and there is always someone willing to help with questions or suggestions.

Cons

So far, I can honestly say that I haven't run into any challenges other than any normal day to day challenges that this job faces.

Disappointing to have so few people with 4 or more years

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Enjoy working with so many knowledgeable people.

Cons

It's a shame to see how much the company has changed in the last few years, not for the better. People are back to doing their own thing after the company worked so hard to establish procedures and create strong training. Few long timers left with 2 VPs leaving last 12 months and two people over 15 years each leaving in last 12 months. Sad to have the company encouraging people to write positive reviews to offset the honest less positive reviews.

Compensate your long term employees and don't take people for granted.

Worked for PS Business Parks? Contribute to the Community!