PS Business Parks Reviews

PS Business Parks is a great Company to work

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the company I have been looking to work and grow with where things are constantly developing and changing, they offer many benefits and job security.

Cons

One of the major challenges in this job is to work with clients, as you have to know how to listen and give them the best customer service

Great company!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

I started working at PS Business Parks about 3-4 months ago. I immediately felt part of the team and at home with the company. Everyone that I have come in contact with thus far from my local office to the Home Office has been nothing but extremely helpful and patient with me while learning the ropes for the new company. I feel empowered to do my job without being micromanaged and there is always someone willing to help with questions or suggestions.

Cons

So far, I can honestly say that I haven't run into any challenges other than any normal day to day challenges that this job faces.

Great company where the individual makes an impact

Current Employee - Leasing Director  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Leasing Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

This is a finacially strong company that allows its leasing team to negotiate deals. The goals and targets are clear. There is direct access to the senior executives on big deals, and decisions are made very quickly. The best part is that this company supports teamwork between leasing and property managment. Everyone is fun to work with, and supportive in attaining goals.

Cons

The company is lean, but everyone works hard. No slackers allowed.

Make the health care benefits less expensive for the employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Richardson, TX

I worked at PS Business Parks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The brokers I worked with this summer were very outgoing and professional. Any question I had was answered precisely, emphasized with years of experience. This company will go through great lengths to accommodate your needs and desire to learn.

Cons

I was given a few "glamorous" tasks a week but nothing wrong with a little filing and spreadsheets.

Strong public REIT offers long-term careers

Current Employee - Leasing Director
    Current Employee - Leasing Director

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

PS Business Parks is a very stable company. For a company of this size and presence it feels like a small company. For example, employees on the property management and leasing level have exposure to the executive level. Time off and benefits are comparable to most larger corporations. Work and personal life balance are both understood and promoted. Hard work and success will result in being noticed by management and executives and ultimately, upward mobility and potentially a long-term career.

Cons

Often times new employees are required to hit the ground running. New hire training is improving however many functions of each job are only learned by trial by error. Most functions of each job are performance based and often times include high pressure to perform.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The stability of upper management and of the company, small company feel, growth opportunities. The home office created a new position for learning and development at the end of 2013, and there has been an increase in training classes and development tools. You do need at minimun a bachelors degree for management positions, but that is a common standard now for larger companies. The top executives are very friendly and personable, and make a point to talk to each employee when visiting offices around the country. There are also many long term employees that are available to assist new employees.

Cons

It would be nice if there were education assistance opportunities in the benefits package.

Since there are many existing employees without degrees, it would be great if there were financial assistance available for college courses.

Changing careers for the better.

Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Engineer in Hayward, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

PSBP is a career path entity, no matter what avenue you travel in upon. Company wide support to your growth and success is always priority from your management as well as coworkers. Having a company with decent benefits, PTO and holidays off is an excellent choice for me.

Cons

personally, my biggest con would be that I didnt find this job 10 years earlier.

always have a vested interest in the opinions and local knowledge of your staff. it keeps our ball rolling in a positive direction.

Good Thus Far

I have been working at PS Business Parks

Pros

This is a company that recognizes people who are willing to put forth full effort into their work. With that being said, there is good work/life balance, friendly staff and overall good environment. Overall, good experience thus far.

Cons

When starting out, they pair you up with a mentor to help you become more aquainted with the company, policies, and about the position you will take on. At times, it is difficult to figure out how to do things because everyone does it their own way.

would like to see more team building

Wonderful Experience for Leasing or Property Management!

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The offices are small and get along well together. They try to keep office morale up by supplying bagels and casual dress on Fridays. They also host occasional potlucks and host a birthday lunch/cake for employees. Benefits are pretty great with three weeks of vacation (not including sick) after the first year of employment (two weeks the first) and they generally allow you to leave early before major holidays. Pay is wonderful too and they have decent insurance options. I would definitely say the people make the job worth while!

Cons

They do not have many learning opportunities available - you just get thrown in and are expected to figure it out. They also make it difficult to move up in the company. You are required to have a college degree to be anything above an administrative assistant and even then, you only get promoted if someone quits or they create a new position (although that rarely happens).

Please make better opportunities for people to expand and grow within the company and offer better training for new hires. In addition, the level of customer service provided to your customers can be improved.

PS Business Parks is a great company with wonderful people to work with!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Beaverton, OR

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time for more than a year

Pros

PS Business Parks has amazing employees who help create a great work environment. They also offer good benefits and care about the well being of their employees. Overall, PS Business Parks is a successful business to work for with opportunities to grow within it.

Cons

One of the cons would be that the office is open on Christmas Eve.

Worked for PS Business Parks? Contribute to the Community!