PS Business Parks Reviews

Reset
3.1
Joseph D. Russell Jr.

1. Fast-paced, lean staff = Learning opportunities

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Due to the small size in staff, you have the ability to learn many aspects of the field as long as you have the drive/ambition to do so.

Cons

Also due to the small size of staff, be prepared to juggle a few projects at a time.

Advice to Management

Don't just count heads to fulfill the office but rather look at the individual worth of the employees and how they contribute to the team.

WORST PLACE EVER!!

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can come and go as you please, just say you're on the property or showing space, no one will ever know the difference. You can pretty much dress however you want, no real dress code. Free lunch on occasion.

Cons

Upper management is so oblivious as to what goes on in each office. The offices are run based on favoritism, if you're well liked, you're totally in, but if you don't play their games, they will put you through living Hell. No one can be trusted, the gossip spreads like wild fire! I've heard that all divisions company wide are run this way, but they say the So Cal Division is the worst to work in! I can't imagine anything being worse than where I am right now, so I guess I should be thankful!

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on management at all levels, they're not who you think they are and steal from you left and right.

Micro Managed

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you learn how to play the game an employee can pretty much come and go as they please.

Cons

Hard work at this company goes unappreciated. If you have the slightest amount of self-respect for yourself then this is not the place to work. Also be very leery of the Human Resources Dept., very questionable behavior.

Advice to Management

Look very closely as to who you put your trust in to manage others. More times than not the Managers at this company are very demoralizing, and demotivating.

NOI Driven REIT

Current Employee - Property Management in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Property Management in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of responsibility Great Co-workers at all levels

Cons

Reduction in staff toward NOI benefit, led to inability to feel effective.

Advice to Management

Take a ground up tour of the company. Improve compensation structure. Embrace human resources.

Is There Any Loyalty Left?!?

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time

Pros

Small everyone knows your name, you're not just a number. You're not micro-managed, its not a structured military environment.

Cons

Company runs very lean, a lot of work for the pay. No real one-on-one training. No room for advancement if you don't have a degree. Company doesn't allow for you to be a creative person. You're asked if you have an opinion, but they really don't want to know what your opinions are.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees that do not have a degree, like they would, the people that do have a degree. Everyone has a role to play, and they're role is just as important.

7. Great Company To work for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks

Pros

I enjoy everyone that I work with not only in my office but my division as well. I like the fact that I am not micro managed.

Cons

There is lack of training for all positions

Advice to Management

They should have a designated trainer who can train on all administrative duties.

Very high expectations for very little pay

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hayward, CA

I worked at PS Business Parks

Pros

Great people, sick pay accrued at approx. 3 hours per pay period, 2 weeks accrued vacation after 1 year, 3 weeks after 2 years of employment

Cons

Very low pay scale. Substantial cost-saving accomplishments that are initiated by support staff (admin assistants/maintenance techs) are never mentioned or rewarded. Annual holiday schedule doesn't commence until Memorial Day (holiday schedule - 7 legal holidays + 3 floating). Without a 4 year "degree", can't ever aspire to be anything but an administrative assistant or maintenance engineer, regardless of length or "degree" of experience. Case in point, a current long-time employee has both Property and Leasing management experience but will never be promoted to either management position due to the lack of that 4 year "degree". Another current employee has the most engineering experience of anyone working at PS but can expect to go no further than current position of Maintenance Tech.

9. Progressive Company for the Initiative

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PS is among the best run companies with career opportunities for the initiative. The company is well capitalized with very little debt. Employees have access to executive leadership who exemplify having a vested interest in ensuring hires succeed. Executives empower subordinates and hold them accountable for results. Managers have latitude to construct creative transactions within preset risk/reward parameters. Teams and individuals receive appreciative bonuses for achieving goals. New hires are expected to perform quickly.

Cons

Daily strong job demands impedes cross-training employees in this fast-paced, slim-staffed working environment. Perhaps scheduling training session times would assist.

10. Great Company

Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits overall, great management, we all work together as a well adjusted team, job is never boring, stable, challenging, ethical.

Cons

Can't think of any. They truly care about the staff. I have no cons. at the moment for this company.

Advice to Management

None

11. Leasing Director

Current Employee - Leasing Director in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Director in Miami, FL

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid ethical company that believes in employees. Excellent atmosphere and opportunity to growth.

Cons

There is nothing I can't think of.

Advice to Management

Stay strong!

RSS Feed </> Embed