PSA Airlines

Be The First To
Add Photos

Keith D. Houk

Good starting job

ProsHired straight out of A&P school, excellent flight benefits, decent medical benefits

ConsUnionized, good deal of mandatory overtime, doesn't pay quite enough to live on without supplemental income.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better mandatory overtime, or better yet staff with enough people to make mandatory overtime a much less common occurrence.

Impressed so far

A&P Mechanic (Current Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsLOTS of Value and pride here. Work together attitude, Framework and guidelines kind of company which is nice because the industry demands SO much. Most of the employees are very intelligent and more than willing to share knowledge and lend a hand when needed.

ConsPay could be higher(who hasnt said that). It Seems like communication between some parts of the company are lacking. Senority can make or break you at any point in any situation.

Ok company to work for

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)

ProsI like working for PSA because it affords me the opportunity to be based from my home state

ConsOne of the things I disliked about the company is the length and process of the reserve system

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should try being a little more caring to the employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent starting point for aircraft mechanic career

A&P Mechanic (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsLots of opportunities to learn, flight benefits

ConsLittle opportunity to advance, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't step over a dollar to save a dime

Adequate company to work for

Scheduler (Current Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsFor the most part , a good group of co-workers

ConsLong hours & Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementActually not advice for mgmnt, but, for the current pilot who is putting down the scheduling dept! I can guarantee that you would not put up with being talked to the way alot of crewmembers talk to the schedulers! We aren't out to ruin your life! We don't care that much about your life! We are trying to do our job, which is to cover the flights in order to avoid cancels & delays! And, if the crewmembers would do their jobs, which is to fly their schedule than we wouldnt
    have to change schedules, jrm, etc....

Was one of the best jobs I have had in aviation, but after a management change, everyone was micromanaged.

Director (Former Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsGrate benefits and pass benefits. mature workforce. Parent company, US Airways, great to work with. Pilots at PSA have the ability to move up to US Airways. American merger appears to be good for PSA.

ConsLack of trust between management and employee groups. Penny wish, pound foolish. Dictatorial style of management. Rules and expectations change constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and let your employees do their job. Get out and visit with front line employees, it is the only way you can get to know what is really going on.

Good place to start a FA career

ProsSmall company, paid training, really good trainers, nice staff

ConsSmall company, Schedulers can be cold, cruel and nonsensical, pay isn't on the same level as major airlines

I like it but I wish it was better.

ProsThe TRAVEL benefits! The friends I have made. My schedule is great. I dont think that I could go back to working 5 days a week again.

ConsThe pay is horrible if you are not in a Union. There is no room to further my career. A lot of the managers are not even around to deal with any issues that arise. Corporate events or any events rather involve only the day shift. Forget about the other shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds a total upgrade! And pay your people better so they will have incentive to stay.

Good for starting pilots but not well run from the users perspective

First Officer (Current Employee)
    Dayton, OH

ProsGain -121 time and many descent co-workers.

ConsPay is terrible for the first few years especially considering the pre-requisits for obtaining such a position as well as the responsibility. The scheduling system for the lower seniority pilots is very poor as their is nearly zero control over whether you'll be flying or sitting for long periods of time. Though on duty, planning anything around a 2-hour window (which could consume your next few hours to next 3-4 days) is completely unreliable. This scheduling inefficiency will occasionally even spill into and affect plans you may have made for your days off. 'Sorry, that's how it is'.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix scheduling and begin treating well trained, passenger-carrying pilots as such. Though many are young and some have made this their first job in the airlines -- for many this isn't their first rodeo and have much experience to offer and should be valued a bit more for said experience.

Great place, great people, great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Vandalia, OH

ProsCertain departments will allow you to gain a vast knowledge of experience. If the department is small chances are you will probably wear multiple hats. Great managers in most departments and you will know everyone in the office. Employee appreciation events. Good benefits

ConsOutside of the unions, most positions are underpaid. Great managers in most departments and you will know everyone in the office. Some managers aren't stellar.

Worked for PSA Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PSA Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PSA Airlines CEO Keith D. Houk. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by PSA Airlines employees.