PSAV Reviews

Lackluster

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

Stability - working for a 1 billion dollar company allows you to rely on that paycheck every two weeks
    Schedule Flexibility

Cons

Inconsistency from region to region
    Poor salary levels and commissions structures - which offers zero incentive to perform well
    Lack of vision and no desire to become truly competitive on a global market
    Poor training and development opportunities
    Many opportunities for career advancement are based upon how often you fraternize and get drunk with upper level management as opposed to actual skill set

Establish a true company culture, and hold upper level management accountable. The majority of your workforce has zero brand loyalty and will leave the moment a new opportunity presents itself. You have no idea how many truly talented individuals that could have assisted in propelling PSAV into the modern market have already left the organization and how many will continue to do so.

Largest, good event technology company

Current Employee - Director of Event Technology in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director of Event Technology in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at PSAV full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Much room for advancement, with good bonuses. Great teams, made up of great people.

Cons

Really depends a lot on the right property, and/ or region, whether it will be the right place for you.
    LONG hours, never enough people.

Communicate more...as we're in the communications industry.

It started off well with good intentions but got turned into them taking advantage of everyone in the workplace.

Former Employee - Event Technology Specialist II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Event Technology Specialist II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSAV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay decently and they give benefits.

Cons

I was a salaried employee and the company decided that even though I was working 60 hours a week without overtime that they were going to take everyone that wasn't in a management roles salary away and make them hourly while significantly cutting there hours. They took advantage of everyone while on salary and then hung us out to dry when we went hourly.

They need to realize that some people are horrible managers and remind themselves that you need to take care of your employees for them to want to be at work and have a good attitude there.

Not good.

I have been working at PSAV full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None since the merger with Swank. Not many before that.

Cons

Influx of terrible middle and upper management with terrible SOPs since the merger. I don't know how this company keeps repeat clients...highest prices, customer service failures, unqualified employees and management.

For employees there is no work/life balance unless work is your life or you don't care about your job (which, sadly, most managers do not). Experience and loyalty take a backseat to politics and cronyism. You'll work 70 hours one week with shifts all around the clock and 20 the next, while your colleague works 40 hours a week with the same shifts from month to month to month. Again, politics.

Do not work here unless you're damn sure it can be a stepping stone to somewhere else that will treat you better and look better on a resume.

New compensation plan - Sales Managers

Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at PSAV

Pros

Can't think of any at the moment.

Cons

Absolutely Ridiculous commission plan. The sales guy makes his sales numbers only to be told that the Adjusted Gross Profit target was not achieved due to the fact that the margin of profitability was outside the range. Therefore you only receive .5%. The Regional managers looks for different properties to shift expenses off their P&L statement so they hit their numbers and the downline guys making the sales gets clipped. Do not work for an inexperienced Director of Technology as they are easy targets for the regional hawks. The sales model is not clear until you are expecting some nice checks. Older management Swank people are dead weight and hang on to old practices.

Get rid of the regional people who are Swank has beens. They lack style and integrity. The company is very top heavy with legacy staff.

Fun company to work for with endless opportunity

Current Employee - Senior ETS in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Senior ETS in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at PSAV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Multiple locations easy to transfer to other states/countries, lots of mobility within the company.

Cons

People that have been with the company for a long time but not showing improvement or drive don't get fired or moved bringing moral down at some location. Being in the events industry your work/home life suffers. Hours are long and inconsistent.

Encourage your over achievers and find the people that are hurting your moral and address the issue. If someone hasn't been promoted since they started find the problem and fix it.

Busy Market

Former Employee - Director of Event Technology in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Director of Event Technology in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at PSAV full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy market, growth opportunities, secure

Cons

Management heavy organization, not enough skilled force at the technician level.

9. Decent

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PSAV part-time

Pros

On the job training. . .good co workers. . .great flexibility depending on the director. . .the more youre willing to learn travel and commit the more you will get out of working here.

Cons

Hours fluctuate. . .will be left in the lurch unless youre well liked and versatile. Not really a con just something to be aware of.

It'll do.

Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist III in Rockwall, TX
    Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist III in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at PSAV full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is GREAT!

Cons

I am having trouble sleeping as my shifts are never the same so I can't get into any kind of circadian rhythm.

Stabilize the shifts!

new

I have been working at PSAV

Pros

challenging, ability to move around,

Cons

Corporate heavy, not much incentive to grow, gear seems to always be outdated and malfunctioning