PSB Academy

www.psb-academy.edu.sg

PSB Academy Reviews

PSB Academy – Singapore – “PAB Academy”

Not yet rated.

Evan Law

Very compartmentalized.

ProsNice colleagues in certain departments.
    Decent pay package.
    Great location next to the MRT station.
    Good if you need somewhere to chill out for a bit while waiting for a better offer to come along.

ConsSome old timers need to go.
    Turnover rates in certain departments are ridiculous. New hires stay on for less than a year.
    Not sure what HR does other than frivilous "Fruity days".
    Business development left to C-Level positions during their spare time.
    RIdiculous system that routes students around instead of solving the problem.
    Programme executives in charge of students that are uncontactable.
    Very poor workplace layout. Every department is very isoloated from each other, leading to "silo" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementGain some credibility.

There is a rift between the .management and the teachers, and the standard of education is not so high.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

ProsThey pay on time, it was daytime work and they provided fairly stable hours. You get many hours with the same students so it is possible to get to know them.

ConsThe management appears to focus on getting new students now, and in the process neglects its teachers and current students. They pay many people to work on marketing with cups, and t-shirts etc..., but they fail to retain their loyal customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just look at money coming in. Take care of your employees and they will take care of the students.

Weak Management and Favoritism among staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGreat exposure to different sector

ConsPolitics
    Weak Management who does not stand up for staff

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new blood to rejuvenate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a good year joining the company

Librarian (Former Employee) Jakarta (Indonesia)

Proskinship for admin, joyfull of kids

Conshandling employee as manufacturing labour

It was a stable job with excellent work hours and above average pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was great although it declined when the economy started slowing.
    The classes were small, which created a great environment for getting to know the students.

ConsThe management seemed to neglect the teachers' concerns at times. I think this might have been due to a lack of communication between the administration and the teachers. However, it was a very enjoyable experience overall.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a bit of a rift between the Vietnamese administration and the English instructors. Small acts that show how the English teachers are valuable to the company would go a long way to keeping them happy.

It really depends

Executive Officer (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsIt depends on the department that you work for and really depends on the bosses you will have.
    My experience was really good in the first 6 months but then I had new boss. That changed everything :)) Good luck

ConsOffice politics. If you can entertain you boss, you will be good here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more attention to bottom line staff, they may be smarter than any of executives you have in the company :)

Worked for PSB Academy? Contribute to the Community!