PSC Biotech

Updated November 12, 2014
Updated November 12, 2014
4.2

John Clapham

I work for PSC Biotech in the Madison office doing research and submission on regulatory affairs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work for PSC Biotech in the Madison office doing research and submission on regulatory affairs related to the pharmaceutical industry. My duties include preparing, assembling, and reviewing submissions to global regulatory agencies for our clients.
    My background is in pharmacology and I found this to be a very interesting and rewarding job with considerable responsibility and leeway. Our lab has all the latest equipment and my co-workers are very knowledge.
    In terms of how good a company PSC is to work for, I’d have to say pretty good. I’ve found management comfortable in giving us enough room to do our work without a lot of meaningless overhead requirements. When I need help it’s available, but otherwise my work is pretty independent. Fairly extensive travel is required in my job which is OK, but could be a problem if I had kids.

Cons

Nothing major. I grew up in Georgia and Wisconsin is a pretty different place (snowing today!), but like everywhere you learn to adapt to your surroundings.

Great company with great opportunities!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. One of the best things is you can develop and expand your skills with PSC Biotech. They hire for traits and train for skills. This is the their approach to hiring and it works well. They are really willing to let you fulfill your capabilities. If there is something new you want to try they will work with you to get that experience and grow your skills. This is very rare but an awesome aspect for a company.

Cons

Growing pains - they are in growth mode and with that comes some problems that are natural in this type of situation.

keep up the good work and continue to provide clear communication.

Technical Writer

Current Employee - Technical Writer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good company with great growth potential. I enjoy my job as a technical writer for PSC. The work requirements vary with different clients and for the most part the work is interesting and rewarding. A fair amount of research is required depending on the project needs and I often learn new things that I think will benefit me in the long term.
    The company has a flexible work policy and is more focused on the job getting done than on following a fixed set of rules. Good group of co-workers and top management is supportive and receptive to new ideas and suggestions.

Cons

Projects can come quickly, requiring some evening/weekend work.

None of note. I'm happy with the company and the benefits are in line with other companies.

Opportunities to work at a variety of life science/pharmaceutical companies

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time

Pros

Depending on the client company, good opportunities to learn all aspects of Validation (cleaning, packaging, process, etc). Good people to work with.
    You will learn a lot in a short amount of time. Good for entry level professionals.

Cons

Depending on client company, may/may not have work-life balance. Many weekend hours.
    Below average pay. Little to no room for negotiation.

Show your appreciation for your employees by giving them a more competitive salary and overall package.

Dynamic, team environment, leader

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Duluth, MN

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to advance your career if you put in the time and effort. It's a continually growing company that's been recognized a an emerging leader in the industry. We use some pretty amazing tools and work on innovative and cool projects.

PSC has a stable work environment, high caliber people and management is always right there to assist me when I have a question. The environment is designed to provide new opportunities to grow and develop - I just have to put in the time and effort.

Cons

Occasionally there can be communication lapses.

Consider quarterly 'town hall' style meetings to address changes, suggestions, concerns, etc. with increasing transparency.

Cutting edge, professional environment, growth industry

Current Employee - Commissioning & Qualification Engineer in Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Commissioning & Qualification Engineer in Waco, TX

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest minds are working here, in a culture that is focused on helping people - including their own employees. Lots of growth and expansion which makes which makes me feel more secure about my future here. Lots of different types of opportunities opening up everywhere you turn, not just in the US but internationally as well.

Attitudes and environment seem to be aligned with the Mission Statement and Strategic Plan, and the company stays focused and true. Solid benefits and standard compensation package compared to others in the industry.

Cons

Time off can be a challenge I suppose, but only because we are SO busy. There are worse things, right?!

I'd be interested in seeing a development of a more merit -based compensation alternative.

Very nice people, great place to work

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are pretty nice. Most are hardworking, but there are a couple of 'bad apples' that were vocal (there are anywhere). Great environment for the most part. Lots of opportunities and possibilities if you want to transfer and travel around. You can go pretty much anywhere in the world.

Fast paced, very busy almost all the time. Many new things to learn.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that the hours sometimes include weekends. I have children and that sometimes creates a conflict between my personal life and work life.

There has to be a fair balance between personal life and work life. Maybe some events to incorporate both?

Stable work environment, Values employees

Current Employee - Validation Scientist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Validation Scientist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at PSC Biotech for a little over three years now and I couldn't be happier. I started straight out of college and since then I've had many opportunities for learning, advancement - even travel! It's a challenging job in a complex industry - but I feel like everything I contribute is worthwhile and valued.

Everyone has treated me respectfully and professionally. It's a comfortable, friendly and supportive atmosphere. There are some chances to learn from some pretty talented people on an almost daily basis.

Cons

It can be a bit stressful at times, but I think that's because everyone here really cares and has a vested interest in our work and success.

Consider some stress-relieving events during those tough, crunch times!

Business Development Manager

Current Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work in Business Development for PSC Biotech in the home office. My job is locating new clients and maintaining existing client relationships for the company. I have worked here for the past five years and find it a great place to work. The CEO, John Clapham is a hands on sort of guy who is supportive and easy to work with. It’s an exciting and fulfilling field to be in and PSC is a great place to work. The company is undergoing rapid growth and there are many great opportunities for fast tracked personal growth.

Cons

Nothing major. I feel I’m fairly paid and the benefits are good. Sometimes the work load cuts into my personal life, but that’s balanced by being in an exciting business.

Increased recognition that the workload sometimes doesn’t fit in the traditional 40 hour work week and formalize the comp time policy.

Currently an Intern

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PSC Biotech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I just started working for PSC Biotech this year as an intern right out of school. I thought I had a pretty good handle on things, but my short time here has shown me just how much I still have to learn!

This is a great group of people and most everyone has been really nice and helpful. I can pick up additional training all the time, and everyone is good about answering questions and helping the new guy understand.

I was really excited to get this internship, and I still am. I work in a great atmosphere, doing what I love to do. Sure I wish the pay was better - doesn’t everyone? But, I’m just a lowly intern. Hopefully I’ll stay on with a full-time, regular position.

Cons

I wish the pay was a little better, even for the interns. We have to live in the city and it’s expensive here. Sometimes, I feel like the communication could be better, but it’s such a big company I definitely understand that sometimes it’s a challenge to get information through the channels in a timely fashion.

I think probably a better method of relaying information, before it becomes public. Make sure the employees don’t have to read about a new launch or project from another division in the news.