PSC Biotech Reviews

1. My Job is Great

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work for PSC Biotech in a small satellite office in Columbia, SC. I work with a variety of clients in the region providing quality assurance inspection at manufacturing sites dealing with bio tech and pharmaceutical companies. Our job is make sure that the company follow best practices guidelines during all phrases of the production process. In some cases, we must also ensure that FDA or other regulatory procedures are met. In this job I get a wide exposure to a variety of companies and disciplines. PSC will bring in experts as needed to complete the assignment and for me each assignment is an opportunity for growth. I like the people I work with and the support from both the regional office and headquarters in great. I don't know if PSC will be my long term career but for a young women who likes a challenging and very rewarding job, it's perfect.

Cons

You have to like to travel and be comfortable working with new people in new situations. Some people may find the lack of direct supervision a drawback but for me it's a plus.

Advice to Management

Just continue to do the great job you're doing at making PSC grow. Some of the new pipeline projects sound exciting and I hope you continue to look to existing employees to fill newly created positions.

Innovative growing company.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: A rapidly growing company in the biotech field. I’ve worked here for the past six years and love it. There is a good amount of travel but as a single woman I enjoy the excitement and the chance to meet new people and see new places. The company has a worldwide presence and I’ve been able to work on assignments in both Europe and Asia. My job is to work with clients to ensure that they manufacturing process meets FDA (and sometimes EU) requirements for the US market. Some assignments are only for a few days, while others may be for several weeks or longer. Management has encouraged me to learn new skills and offers plenty of opportunity for upward movement.

Cons

For me not too many. Sometimes I miss the comfort of being in one place for an extended time, but know that I always have the option of taking a job at the head office if I so choose.

Advice to Management

Basically to just keep on doing what has been working so well for the past couple of years for PSC and for its employees.

3. Happy with PSC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Self directed, flexible, work environment. I like that I'm trusted to do the job without being micromanaged.

Cons

Had to figure out on my own what I needed to do and get up to speed. Once over that challenge, it has been great.

Good company-good job -great people

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Madison, WI

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I jointed PSC Biotech right out of college. I worked for a couple of years in the California office and when the company opened a new facility in Madison, Wi. they offered me a promotion to make the move. I'm glad I did. The work is very interesting and there is always a new challenge. The company strongly believes in giving current employees the chance to learn new skills and take on new assignments. The hours can be long and there are deadlines to meet, but if you don't mind some hard work now and then, PSC makes it very rewarding.

Cons

None that really come to mine. As with any company there are some folks that are better than others, or maybe it's just my personality, but nothing that really takes away from the job. Madison has proved to be nice place to live and I'm enjoying life.

Advice to Management

I'm happy with the job they are doing. Management is supportive with being overbearing. I'm given as much responsibility and freedom to my job as I need or want.

Disorganized and plays to the bottom of the market

Current Employee - Engineer in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Pomona, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much on the Pro side. Some of the people know what they are doing and are helpful. But not all or some of the ones that should be available to you.

Cons

Underpay because they target recent college graduates. Doubtful that a consulting business can provide adequate consulting using employees with limited industry experience. The company now has their resources spread too thin and is going to fail in the non-consulting world.

Advice to Management

You can't retain quality but not appealing to quality employees. Reprioritize and focus on the core business.

Not the best consulting company

Former Employee - Validation Engineer
    Former Employee - Validation Engineer

I worked at PSC Biotech

Pros

- Had the chance to gain a lot of useful experience. Was able to gain a lot of experience after only a short time with PSC Biotech. - The people are all great people to work with. There are some very intelligent and friendly people working here, many of whom I am still in contact with. - Decent benefits. The healthcare benefits are quite good. Other benefits are average.

Cons

- Low Pay. Much lower than industry standard for an engineer (at least this is the case for entry level). The starting offer for a entry level engineer is 40k. Only way to change this is to get a counteroffer from another employer. - Lack of mentor ship, training and organization. Training is nonexistent. You are sent out to a project and it quickly devolves into a sink or swim situation. Don't expect much support. On the plus side, if you succeed you develop a marketable skill set. - Lack of integrity. I have been witness to some questionable business practices. One example: Trying to force employees to bear the travel expenses when moving employees from project to project. Additionally, if one were to look at the Glassdoor reviews, the reviews were at an average of 2-2.5 stars about a year ago, but suddenly skyrocketed to over 4 stars in a very short time. It seems very suspicious and leads one to believe that they may be trying to artificially inflate their score. - Very High turnover rate. Despite what management may say, there is a revolving door at this company. This is likely due to the reasons listed above. Many people use this experience as a stepping stone for something better. - Overtime expected. In many cases, it is normal to expect to work more than 40 a week. The company will bill the client for every hour you work, but you will only ever see 40 hours worth of pay. Many other consulting companies will compensate their employees for hours over 40 worked.

Advice to Management

Value your most important resource: people. I have seen many intelligent, hard working people leave for preventable reasons. Spending a little more money to keep your people happy will cultivate a strong, loyal team in the long run.

8. I work for PSC Biotech out of San Francisco

Current Employee - Compliance Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Compliance Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked for PSC Biotech for the past 4 years and it’s a great job and a great company. While I’m a full time employee of PSC I specialize in working independently for various clients in the bay area. PSC is one of the fastest growing companies in the field of bio-tech consulting and as such the job is exciting and seems always new and refreshing. There is a great support system set with the home office in Pomona and if I need support it’s just a phone call away, but I also really like the independent nature of the job. I feel that I’m my own boss with all the privileges and responsibilities that entails. My primary job is to work with our clients to ensure that their processes in manufacturing meets or exceeds FDA requirements. A mistake can be costly to a client and many companies routinely use outside consultants to double check their procedures. I’m also getting a lot of exposure to marketing and sales as I’m asked to source new clients and opportunities as they arise.

Cons

As with everything there are a few negatives, but they are more than offset by the positives. Working independently requires that I often need to make decisions on my own. For some, this could be a negative, but for me it’s a great experience.

Advice to Management

The company is growing and expanding at a rapid pace. Clearly, management is doing all the right stuff to generate such growth in the marketplace. Just keep on doing what you're doing.

I work at PSC Biotech and think it's a great company.

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Pomona, CA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Frankly, I was amazed to read the recent review of a person that was complaining about the their pay, training, management and just about everything else. My experience with PSC has been the opposite and it's only fair to those who read these reviews to hear another side of the PSC experience. No one has asked me to write a review, but when I saw that review that was posted a few week back I wanted to respond. I work in the Madison office and maybe things are different where this person worked, but probably not that much. I'm not sure what college the person graduated from, or what degree they had, but if you've graduated from a good school with a degree in one of the life sciences you're going to do just fine. Like all jobs you will end up getting paid what you're worth. Companies value good employees because they earn for the company and it's in the company's best interest to keep those employees happy and well paid and that's been my experience at Madison. My starting pay, with a degree from UCLA in Chemistry was considerably above the $40K level. I've never had any issue with reimbursement for out of pocket expenses. I give an honest day's work and, in turn I've always received any honest day's pay. It's that simple.

Cons

You have to be on your toes and willing to work hard. The company does not encourage those who can't make the grade to stick around which is fine with me.

Advice to Management

Keep the company growing as that benefits everyone.

I've work for PSC Biotech for the past four years

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PSC Biotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. There is a positive spirit, strong organizational culture and innovation. The company is very supportive of personal growth and ambitions. If you have the right skills and attitude you will grow faster at PSC than in similar companies. Excellent benefits: Health and Welfare, Time Off (especially the sabbatical), long-term incentives for personal growth. Great educational benefits. The company is very ethical and moral as they make decisions that affect the patients, community and the environment. Support charitable contributions and community giving. Family oriented, with flexible job schedule/arrangements easy to arrange. My values align with its vision and mission where I can "work hard and play hard" while at the same time knowing that my hard work is a key to providing great medicine and enriching someone's quality of life.

Cons

This is a fast growing company with continuing expansion and initiatives in a variety of industries. This can make it challenging to keep up with what is happening in other parts of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what PSC is doing because it’s working. It’s hard to keep the small company feel in a fast growth environment, but long-term, management should work hard to cultivate more sharing in what’s happening in various parts of the company.

Cheap

Former Employee - Validation
    Former Employee - Validation

I worked at PSC Biotech

Pros

Medical Benefits, lots of clients, so lots of opportunities

Cons

Cheap...if you're right out of college and have no experience, your starting salary is 40k. Yes I said 40k. No engineer should be paid 40k per year. That's an intern rate at other engineering consulting companies...which is very depressing, insulting and humiliating. Training? forget it. They will just throw you out there on a project and you're on your own and forgotten. Good luck! Moving or traveling far because of work? you have to fight to get the per diem you deserve. Basically, they will always try to cut corners every chance they get. If you're desperate, go ahead and take the miserable 40k. If not, keep looking elsewhere. Or... my advice is use this company as a stepping stone and move on! leave! Finally, a lot of cheap talks to continue to take advantage of inexperienced engineers...

Advice to Management

compensate your employees fairly

RSS Feed </> Embed