PSC

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bruce E. Roberson

Great place to work

ProsGood experiance fun place to work

Consthere is nothin really that I can tgink off

Expect To Deal With Change

Material Handler (Former Employee) Avalon, TX

ProsThe experienced people who were able or willing to ride out the great management experiment of 2012 are great to work with. There are great opportunities to learn this business in this company.

ConsThe company has been through a few ownership changes. It seems that the priorities of the senior management change quickly without setting up the proper structure to support the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stay locked up in the office. Go out regularly and mingle with the proles. Eat a bologna sandwich with the crew and utter a mild expletive once in a while in your discussions of everyday life as you attempt to bond with your unwashed masses.

Good people, knowledgeable, and hardworking.

Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThe people and the experience.

ConsLack of consistent management, low pay, and sink or swim training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should take care of the people doing the work like they take care of themselves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only the best survive

ProsFair pay, great colleagues, financial success and a way forward for the larger division

ConsHours can be long, but today, if you aren't working 50 hours per week, you are not really needed.

Advice to Senior Managementhave more interactive meetings at the locations with local and area management. The employees love it.

It's ok if you need to pay bills, but don't plan on staying here long-term

Pros*Friendly co-workers (at least within your department)
    *Ok pay
    *Decent benefits

Cons*Poorly thought-out business processes - processes are designed by management who don't understand the work, creating inefficient, bureaucratic processes that pit departments against each other in a blame-game.
    *Overloaded with poorly communicated duties - expected to complete a constantly increasing workload with no overtime and meet shifting priorities and expectations with no communication.
    *No training/advancement - once in a position, there really is no career path. The company provides next to no real training (other than that done to cover itself from liability) and hires from outside most of the time, so don't expect to advance or transition between departments.
    *Constant random layoffs - the company shows no loyalty to staff, laying them off almost at random despite how long they've been with the company, then six months later hiring back a new employee to handle their duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness success starts with hiring, training, and retaining quality employees. Give your staff a reason to stay and PSC will prosper.

Pretty good company but questionable decisions by leadership

Director (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood pay, good location. For the most part workforce was made up of very good people.

ConsWhen revenues were not where the private equity company required the company went with a slash and born of the work force to the point that some of the branches had no back office support

Rollercoaster Ride

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great people working here

ConsYou never knew from one day to the next if they were laying off people

Lab Pack

Iab Pack (Former Employee) Hatfield, PA

ProsA lot of hours to work

ConsRACIST people and RACIST Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being racist

Very good experience

Administrative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTraining and advancement opportunities, flexible schedule.

ConsManagement needs training on how to be managers. Courses need to be required, especially for first time managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some management training skills

Horrible Management

ProsI wish I could think of even one. By far the most poorly run company I have ever worked for.

ConsPoor management, no direction, no communication, leadership is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit promoting people who blow up their facilities.

Worked for PSC? Contribute to the Community!