PSCU Reviews

Reset
2.9
PSCU Michael J. Kelly
Michael J. Kelly

Pros
  • good benefits, not a lot of work (in 21 reviews)

• They also provide great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Attendance requirements are not flexible due to nature of business (call center) (in 8 reviews)

• High call volume without enough coverage of staff to handle calls (in 5 reviews)

Amazing experience and amazing coworkers

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, the training is amazing. It's five weeks with an amazing, engaging trainer that will literally teach you everything you need to know. You will be fully prepared before hitting the floor. You'll have supervisors, floor walkers, mentors all just to help you and answer any questions! Secondly, the benefits are great. After 30 days of your hire date your eligible for insurance benefits and the cost is amazing. I'm mostly satisfied with the staff here. The supervisors really do care about your success. You have so much support it makes this job easy. This is the first job I've had that I actually look forward to going to. Everyone here has such positive energy, the trainers are great, the supervisors and mentors are very genuine and caring. If you're looking for an amazing job THIS IS IT.

Cons

The only con I can think of is how loud some reps can be on the phone. Honestly, some reps are extremely inconsiderate of other people. However, you have the ability to move desks and 99% of the time management will discretely speak with these representatives to handle the issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire amazing people to run this place. I've had terrible experiences in call centers and this one is such a positive environment with a ton of supportive staff members. I really look forward to coming to work everyday because of you all.

You will be in for a rough ride

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent
    Nice location
    Health benefits and 401k opportunity
    Covered parking
    Free gym
    Cell phone discount with Verizon
    Some of the supervisors try to be supportive
    Co-workers are generally friendly
    Lots of overtime opportunity
    Quick, easy money

Cons

The company does not care about their employees. Since the former CEO passed away, all this company cares about is making money. They now outsource to a 3rd party company that has horrible hiring standards. Most of those representatives are lazy, rude and don't care about their job. The ones that get hired for the actual call center leave before their probationary period is over because they can't stand it.

Most of the supervisors are lazy and can never be found on the floor. When you ask for help, all they do is moan and complain. They much rather sit at their desks and pretend to do work. If you try to let someone know something is wrong with one thing or another, is swept under the rug until a credit union complains. Procedures are constantly changing and you are marked down if you don't follow the procedures. You can be marked down one call for your tone even though you handle each call the same it just depends on which QA rep listens to your call.

To get a bonus you must do well in handle time, QA and schedule adherence. If your call puts you over your break or lunch though, they will not adjust the time so you are penalized for staying on the phone and assisting the member. Which also affects your handle time. The handle time expectations are a joke. If you want to be a rep who helps your members in every way you can, don't expect to make handle time. You may have to call help desk for assistance or to transfer to them for a supervisor call or procedure but because they are short handed, their wait time can be 5+ minutes, so that I'd also tacked onto your handle time.

Some of the help desk reps have no idea what they are talking about and if they give you bad information, you have the potential to be the one marked down unless you remember exactly who gave you the bad info. They also argue if you need to give them a call for one reason or another. A few are so condescending and rude, it's more beneficial to you to hang up and try for another rep.

Promotions are a joke. Supervisors hire their friends or they choose to hire from the outside. Both situations which have come back to bite them but that doesn't stop it from continuing to happen. If there isn't a "friend" to hire then your promotion hangs solely on your interview skills. You may have a glowing resume and are a seasoned rep who knows the job but they will promote a rep who has been there less than a few months because they are better at facing a group of the same lazy, rude supervisors on the floor. How does it make sense to have other supervisors interview for the same position they are in. They are only going to approve people they will want to hang out worth and not do work rather than someone who will get work done.

The coffee is AWFUL! They spent all this money on a coffee bar that used to have delicious drinks. Then they decided to shove "health matters" down our throats so now all you have burnt bitter coffee and tasteless smoothies. The "market" consists of over priced junk food and only a select few healthy items that everyone can enjoy, which are also overpriced.

Advice to Management

Start actually caring about your reps. You are losing great reps because they care, but no one else does.

Lack of respect for employee confidentiiality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some supportive and compassionate leadership

Cons

Sharing of private info and personal data. Felt like high school.

5. Great Company Great Benefits Great Leadership

Current Employee - Fraud Detection Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Fraud Detection Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for PSCU since November 2013 and I love it.

I work with individuals who care about people, the company, and want to make a difference. That adds value.

I am supported in such a way that I notice that I am happy going to work everyday. I haven't had felt like that for at least 15 years.

I was made to feel part of the team immediately. I have been given everything I need to do my job. There was a prepared on boarding plan that helped me get off to a great start.

I love the interaction I have with people on a daily basis. I feel successful because of the support I receive. I am completely happy with my decision to work for PSCU.

While it is a call center environment, it is more of a collaborative feel and less of a corporate feel to the environment. It is the best call center I have worked for out of the last 4 I have worked.

Check out the website and see what it is all about. www.pscu.com. For careers search www.pscu.com/careers/index.html‎. We have locations in Phoenix, Arizona; St. Petersburg, Florida; and Michigan. There is a lot of information to help you get a feel of the values and the type of company you would be working for.

Cons

None. I don't even mind the 48 mile one way commute because I love my job.

6. Despicable management.

Current Employee - Call Center in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Call Center in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have a my own desk, good pay, lots of O.T. fun people to work with, some helpful sups. The phones are fun, arguing with members because we are right. Well let's get to the cons

Cons

Favoritism, 2mil dollar IT room that is never seen, instead of spending the money for the people on the floor taking the brunt of it all, not being able to do both credit and debit for all cu's we service, updating the cu's number for the member if we don't service. I feel like it should be all or nothing., members dont understand most of the time, frustrating for both members and rep. The management is a joke. How in the world is a newbie that has recently started on the floor get promoted to asst sup. This person does not know the product very well, called help desk for help it's not like he knows the way around the place., but then again favoritism., so much for the whole 6 months to move up BS. They over train and don't pay you for it. They don't seem to care for our thoughts and hard work, because I'm still repping it out, a lot of us who work hard don't Get compensated or staying because some screw up, just a thank you email. They need to look at it as a whole. They made a mistake once hiring and promoting to sup, within 2 weeks of the guy getting on the floor, he screwed it all up, the hiring or promoting process is rigged they know who they want. So asking for promotion is pointless. Cant wait for another screw up, hopefully they learn from their stupid promoting process.

Advice to Management

You people just hire your friends. Learn ethics

Horrible

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly wage was high for job description

Cons

No room for growth, they treat their employees like children and criminals, no trust, no guidance.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do the right thing, dont require a locker to lock all of your stuff up, don't search for employee if they're off the phones in the bathroom. You have a good hiring practice so trust the HR is bringing in good people.

always chaotic at this place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building in Phoenix office

Cons

no faith in upper management

Advice to Management

keep confidential information, CONFIDENTIAL, seriously

I don't know you, but I know you deserve better than what this company can pay you!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers who treat each other with respect, which is good because you'll need a shoulder to cry on after taking 100 calls a day from members who abuse you, and a system of call center metrics designed to take away any motivation for a bonus! I spent two years second guessing myself about this company. As a single mom, I was forced to work holidays instead of spending time with my children, and was rewarded with a 25 cent an hour raise after two years of loyalty.

Cons

The list of cons is too long to write, but the problem starts with an outdated business model, inferior technology and a real serious issue with work life balance. Simply put, the call center expects 24/7 commitment from everyone while paying embarrassly low wages. Companies like this take advantage of the poor economic environment, but when things do turn around they won't survive, because people remember how truly awful they were treated!

Advice to Management

No advice for management, just wanted to spare others From making the same mistake I did.

10. Former Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great "newer" offices and easy to access from all parts of the Valley. Co-workers were great and helpful when starting since there is no formal training. You're expected to hit the ground running

Cons

Long hours and the expectation that when you're salaried you're available 24/7 to your customer

Advice to Management

Let go of the "old boys" club network and listen to what the people below you have to say about the environment.

11. straight forward

Current Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU part-time

Pros

Great benefits, great culture and great people

Cons

If you are hired as part time you will have to work every weekend

RSS Feed </> Embed