PSCU

PSCU Michael J. Kelly

Michael J. Kelly

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company Great Benefits Great Leadership

Fraud Detection Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsI have worked for PSCU since November 2013 and I love it.

I work with individuals who care about people, the company, and want to make a difference. That adds value.

I am supported in such a way that I notice that I am happy going to work everyday. I haven't had felt like that for at least 15 years.

I was made to feel part of the team immediately. I have been given everything I need to do my job. There was a prepared on boarding plan that helped me get off to a great start.

I love the interaction I have with people on a daily basis. I feel successful because of the support I receive. I am completely happy with my decision to work for PSCU.

While it is a call center environment, it is more of a collaborative feel and less of a corporate feel to the environment. It is the best call center I have worked for out of the last 4 I have worked.

Check out the website and see what it is all about. www.pscu.com. For careers search www.pscu.com/careers/index.html‎. We have locations in Phoenix, Arizona; St. Petersburg, Florida; and Michigan. There is a lot of information to help you get a feel of the values and the type of company you would be working for.

ConsNone. I don't even mind the 48 mile one way commute because I love my job.

Lack of respect for employee confidentiiality

Phoenix, AZ

ProsSome supportive and compassionate leadership

ConsSharing of private info and personal data. Felt like high school.

Despicable management.

Call Center (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsHave a my own desk, good pay, lots of O.T. fun people to work with, some helpful sups. The phones are fun, arguing with members because we are right. Well let's get to the cons

ConsFavoritism, 2mil dollar IT room that is never seen, instead of spending the money for the people on the floor taking the brunt of it all, not being able to do both credit and debit for all cu's we service, updating the cu's number for the member if we don't service. I feel like it should be all or nothing., members dont understand most of the time, frustrating for both members and rep. The management is a joke. How in the world is a newbie that has recently started on the floor get promoted to asst sup. This person does not know the product very well, called help desk for help it's not like he knows the way around the place., but then again favoritism., so much for the whole 6 months to move up BS. They over train and don't pay you for it. They don't seem to care for our thoughts and hard work, because I'm still repping it out, a lot of us who work hard don't Get compensated or staying because some screw up, just a thank you email. They need to look at it as a whole. They made a mistake once hiring and promoting to sup, within 2 weeks of the guy getting on the floor, he screwed it all up, the hiring or promoting process is rigged they know who they want. So asking for promotion is pointless. Cant wait for another screw up, hopefully they learn from their stupid promoting process.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou people just hire your friends. Learn ethics

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Member Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsHourly wage was high for job description

ConsNo room for growth, they treat their employees like children and criminals, no trust, no guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees to do the right thing, dont require a locker to lock all of your stuff up, don't search for employee if they're off the phones in the bathroom. You have a good hiring practice so trust the HR is bringing in good people.

always chaotic at this place

ProsNice building in Phoenix office

Consno faith in upper management

Advice to Senior Managementkeep confidential information, CONFIDENTIAL, seriously

Former Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat "newer" offices and easy to access from all parts of the Valley. Co-workers were great and helpful when starting since there is no formal training. You're expected to hit the ground running

ConsLong hours and the expectation that when you're salaried you're available 24/7 to your customer

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of the "old boys" club network and listen to what the people below you have to say about the environment.

I don't know you, but I know you deserve better than what this company can pay you!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsFriendly coworkers who treat each other with respect, which is good because you'll need a shoulder to cry on after taking 100 calls a day from members who abuse you, and a system of call center metrics designed to take away any motivation for a bonus! I spent two years second guessing myself about this company. As a single mom, I was forced to work holidays instead of spending time with my children, and was rewarded with a 25 cent an hour raise after two years of loyalty.

ConsThe list of cons is too long to write, but the problem starts with an outdated business model, inferior technology and a real serious issue with work life balance. Simply put, the call center expects 24/7 commitment from everyone while paying embarrassly low wages. Companies like this take advantage of the poor economic environment, but when things do turn around they won't survive, because people remember how truly awful they were treated!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for management, just wanted to spare others From making the same mistake I did.

straight forward

Tier II Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, great culture and great people

ConsIf you are hired as part time you will have to work every weekend

Unethical, managment not held responsible

fraud detection (Former Employee)

ProsDecent money, Covered parking, Free gym

ConsVery poor management, Annual reviews 6 months overdue, and then they refuse to back pay you for the 6 months. They claim to value diversity, yet openly refuse to hire smokers, and force smokers to leave the entire propery to smoke. Worst management I have ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire any supervisor that causes high turnover

Lot's of smoke and mirrors and bandaid fixes.

Member Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat Benefits- Health, Vision, Dental, 401k etc.

ConsdeProblem is PSCU has too many credit union clients and the information isn't updated in the system and is out of date. Which causes issues for example a phone number is listed to transfer the customer too and it's disconnected. Also the place feels like a prison, management always on you, broken chairs, computer and phones.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more into IT , purchase new or fix equipment. Hold CU's accountable for not updating information in systems.

Worked for PSCU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PSCU reviews and ratings in Phoenix, AZ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PSCU CEO Michael J. Kelly. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by PSCU employees.