PSCU Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.8
Charles E. "Chuck" Fagan, III

Pros
  • good benefits, not a lot of work (in 21 reviews)

• They also provide great benefits (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Attendance requirements are not flexible due to nature of business (call center) (in 8 reviews)

• High call volume without enough coverage of staff to handle calls (in 5 reviews)

1. Communication Issues

Former Employee - Technology in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technology in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers. Decent campus. Pay is ok for exempt. Offers onsite gym, coffee bar.

Cons

Communication between HQ and Phx is a big problem. Lack of management engaging other PSCU sites. Too man contractors. No enough follow through. Benefits became very expensive very quickly.

Advice to Management

The world is not all headquarters. You are missing out on talent in other sites due to short sighted managers. Too much change at once and too often. Try to settle down and concentrate on core tech functioning - them add features. Not everyone needs to be at HQ.

2. A Positive Enviroment

I have been working at PSCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Very Cheap Amenities (free Gym, cheap lunches and smoothie bar) + Attentive Supervisory Staff (considerate as long as you show effort and a desire to be there) + Generally Comfortable (lots of sitting, work is very cut and dry, not complex)

Cons

- Workload/Expectations are high given the circumstances (roughly 150 calls necessary a day) - Lunches and opportunities to break away form the grind are too short (30 minutes) - Timed Restroom Breaks (60 minutes a month)

3. Member Services

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PSCU full-time

Pros

Great work atmosphere everyone is very friendly co workers have fun and we laugh a lot everyone helps each other if we have a call question managers and HR very approachable

Cons

Lunch break only 30 minutes. We just began desk sharing and some people are just nasty eating at desk leaves a mess not considerate. Pay is less than most call center jobs

Advice to Management

Be more "watchful" of the floor people eating all over desk should be addressed. Consider 45 minute lunch. Take reports of gossip or issues with co workers more seriously and allow seating options. Consider a pay raise most call centers pay higher than PSCU

5. Contact Center Representative

Former Employee - Representative II, Contact Center in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Representative II, Contact Center in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Supervisors and Managers were very friendly and helpful. Learned about Credit Unions and my abilitities were tested to the max but I learned that I could grow and thrive in a fast paced enviroment.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Lonely place to work. Breaks and lunch were taken alone. Had to deal with very difficult computer systems that often did not talk to the systems of the credit unions.Very frustrating.

Advice to Management

I know that PSCU will continue to stay one of the best companies because of the new managment at the top. I want to wish Mr. Chuck Fagin much success as he brings this company back to its original purpose. I know he will be sucessful.

6. Potential to be GREAT again

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at PSCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent facilities, inspired CEO, wonderful vision by founder Dave Serlo. Hard working and dedicated professional staff. The organization has the attention of the members and the resources to make a big difference to stand out in the industry as a leader and innovator.

Cons

Too many VPs - very top-heavy organization. IT management has serious infestation of Ole' Boy network that has chased away truly good talent. They miss too many opportunities to be GREAT.

Advice to Management

They need to dump some of those extravagant salaries and perks, and get more boots on the ground to serve the credit unions.

7. If I could give it less than a star I would.

Former Employee - Member Service Representative
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative

Pros

Leaving at the end of the day. FSA. MoJoes.

Cons

Everything else. The access to the systems was limited. Stuffy environment. No leadership presence. Timed bathroom breaks. Attendance policy sucked.

8. beautiful property, low pay

Former Employee - Tier II Customer Service Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at PSCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent healthcare coverage and its affordable, even with their low wages. Beautiful property and a fitness center that is open 24 hours a day.

Cons

Low pay for support staff, lots of micromanagement, not a lot of fair opportunity for advancement. Cliques. Horrible hours. Close to being outsourced in my opinion, no job security.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what the market rate is at least. Happy employees= better production.

Worst company

Pros

Can't think of anything good

Cons

Unorganized, don't offer help when needed worst company

Advice to Management

Hire better people when I got harassed by management nothing was done about it

10. manager

I have been working at PSCU full-time

Pros

casual dress for work

Cons

No accountability, no tone at the top, lack of qualified people

Fraud

Former Employee - Fraud
    Former Employee - Fraud

I worked at PSCU full-time

Pros

I love the people I worked with and the pay was pretty decent

Cons

I liked my job at PSCU but there has been a lot of changes such as new management and CEO. They have made it hard for anyone to keep there job. There is a lot of turnover

RSS Feed </> Embed